Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

Best Bagels.....Post Here!

27 posts in this topic

I enjoy a nice bagel in the morning....and I have my favorite spots...

New York Bagel in Kisco (not a plug for jybeho's parental unit...the bagels ARE good)

Somers Hot Bagel

H&H Bagel in NYC.

Anybody got any other good places to round up a bagel in the AM?

Always liked the bagels at Bagels-on-Hudson in the Croton Commons shopping center on South Riverside Avenue.

Don't attempt to go there this week - road paving has screwed up this area pretty good.

you should try goldbergs in the yorktown green near kmart

Carmel Deli & Bagel-isous Route 52 in Carmel for the northern members

Lennys bagels in Rye Brook has great bagels and good homemade soup, its located on south ridge street in rye brook

I'm sorry....I've yet to find a "true" bagel shop in Westchester.

There used to be a few, like the "Bagel Emporium" with various locations....they have since closed. The rest that HAD good bagels seem to let the quality slip into an ordinary doughnut shaped piece of bread calling itself a bagel. And the bagels at the various shops I have visited also seem to be shrinking! I attribute this to Bagel shop owners becoming lazy about quality and letting anybody make the bagels. What happened to the true "baker"????

Hartsdale Bagels has decent "true" bagels, but not every time I visit.

I use the H&H bagel as a benchmark. Boiled, crusty on the outside, warm steaming moist and chewy on the inside.

I'm tired of dry poser shrinking bagels!!!!!!!!

Edited by x635

Jimmy' Bagels on Rt 202 next to Grandma's Restaurant and Pie Shop in Yorktown have great bagels with a large assortment. They also have a wide variety of pastries/cakes as well.

Village Square bagels in the town of mamaroneck on the post rd fresh bagels everydsy don't have to toasted them i have them all the time

When I used to work in Ossining on monday mornings I used to pick up a dozen or so from the place in Arcadian. Nice and fresh with a 1/4 lb of creme cheese. Wonder if they are still there/any good anymore.

i dont live up where yall from but i have to mention Fishkill Bagels. My uncle owns the shop, its in some shopping center up there, whatever he brings downstate here when he visits on LONG ISLAND its the best.

Apparently, I found out the Bagel Emporium.....the small Westchester chain with the good bagels and now-closed outlets in Hartsdale and Ossining, among other locations, has a still existing store in Armonk. I couldn't stop, but I wonder if the bagels are still as good. I miss the one in Hartsdale.

Big Breasted Bagels (cough) excuse me, Brook Street Bagels in Eastchester. Not only is the food very good...

Kim's Bagel's in Kisco, it's on main jsut south of s. moger. Good selection, nice spreads, and they don't have x's shrinking bagel problem. Great coffee and the pricing is pretty low so far. My guess would be that they havn't assimilated into the county yet!

Big Breasted Bagels (cough) excuse me, Brook Street Bagels in Eastchester. Not only is the food very good...

Park Place Bagels on Park Place in Bronxville has great mini-bagels. Can't go wrong with the place mentioned above though.....good call Roeems87

JV Hot Bagels in Jefferson Valley (Mohegan). Theres a JV Hot bagels I & II. The first one is on Lee Blvd. (near the mall), next to the gas station. The second is on East Main Street accross from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church.

Palace Deli in Buchanan. I'm not sure where he gets his bagels from, but they're awesome! Its on Tate Ave. near the Police Station, a few blocks from Albany Post Rd.

If ever in the New Brunswick, NJ area, Easton Ave. Bagels is real good. They're not far from Rutgers University. Always a good breakfast spot after a long night lol!

Not sure of the name, but there's a great bagel joint in the Shop-Rite Plazza off Comerce (I think it's Commerce st) in Thornwood.

Brook Street Hot Bagels & Deli

Address: 112 Brook St, Scarsdale, NY 10583

Phone: (914) 725-7431

Really an Eastchester location posing in Scarsdale postal zone

Mentioned above....goooood eats.

Edited by skubasam

Park Place Bagels

Park Place, Bronxville

Quite possibly the best place Bronxville has to offer us

Highridge Hot Bagels on Cenral Ave by Underhill St. in Yonkers.

sammys ny bagels weaver street new rochelle/scarsdale border and centre ave new rochelle..good solid full size bagel

I'd have to plug:

Big Apple Bagels on Route 117 in Mt. Kisco

Just down the road from NWHC, WEMS, and Friendly's. :D

Bagels-on-Hudson in Croton is good, Also a place in Armonk on the main drag of 22 near the Texaco was good aswell.

For Rockland I know of a place on 303 past Schultz Ford on the Right hand side in a shopping center believe Marty's Bagels Really good.