Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

who services your trucks?

22 posts in this topic

who services your trucks, i know in my department (woodburyfd) we use har-rob so does monroe, harriman, etc... just courious to know.

For the routine things, our Village Mechanics handle our rigs and equipment.

For the more "In-depth" stuff, we go to Excelsior Garage in Mamaroneck.

Isn't Har-Rob in Syracuse?? I only ask because I ate in some little diner across the street from it last weekend.....shady area and it looks like they have a pretty small shop. Are they a dealer, if so, who do they sell?

Har Rob is out of East Syracuse and its not the most pleasing looking of places. They are a Smeal dealership and some second rate tanker dealership. They do have at least one or two salesmen in the Monroe area. For the number of trucks that Woodbury has thats totally reasonable and common to send a tech 4 hours away and have him stay over night and do a whole fleet in the course of a week.

Stamford Fire Rescue has it's own shops that does most of the routine maintenance and repairs on all apparatus and support vehicles. Specialized work (pumps, etc.) usually gets sent out to Twin Lights in Milford. Thay do a very professional job.

SFRD49

Be Safe!!

Mahopac uses a varitey of service centers

Normal Engine/Drivetrain Service: Leffers Automotive in Mahopac

Pump Service on most rigs: Gowans Knight Watertown CT

Service on E-One ladder: Nichols Fire apparatus Hyde Park

Service on new KME: Ruscon

Electrical Repairs: Wire Shop Mahopac

Service on Chiefs Cars: Fisher Brothers Mahopac

Regular oil change Chiefs Cars, Utility, Ambulances: Valvoline Quick Lube Mahopac (Fleet Account)

Croton Falls uses Gowans Knight for about everything, including a lot of work on Chiefs' cars.

mutual engine of mount kisco use tyler fire equipment.

have any of your departments had the "pleasure" of doing business with halpin in elmira?? they were the area seagrave dealer till losing it to excellsior. i don't know if they're even still in business but after the refurb i picked up there i wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

Briarcliff uses Ruscon, the village takes care of the minor items

Excelsior Garage in Village of Mamaroneck for Purchase Fire Dept.

PCFD uses village dpw garage for routine work, then usually farms out larger tickets to ruscon. In fairfield all work is done in house at the fd maintenance garage, for all units except southport fd's squad.

Continental Village Uses Hopewell Fire Apparatus for all services needed.

Buchanan uses Nichols fire apparatus & Hopewell. We've never really had any major issues with either of them. We will also use Pacific Automotive of Buchanan for other repairs. They are a garage that specializes in commercial vehicles, or in other words trucks with big motors lol.

Some of the small stuf is done in-house by our engineers.