Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Best/Favorite Food In Westchester

52 posts in this topic

I'm just curious to see everybody's favorite dining establisments in Westchester, and see if I can find a few new ones.

Some of my favorites include:

Breakfast:

Homefield Deli, Yonkers

Fountain Diner-Hartsdale

Lunch

Walters-Mamaroneck- Best Hot Dog Stand in Westchester

Rocky's Deli-Millwood- Great Hot and Cold Deli fare.

Dinner:

Fountain Diner-Hartsdale

Maneros-Greenwich

Hmmmm....still thinking of more

Chains

Outback Steakhouse-White Plains-Great Steaks

Cheesecake Factory, White Plains-Great Food And Desert

Red Lobster/Olive Garden

Pizza/Italian

Ardsley Pizza, Center St.

I'm probaly forgetting a few, but those are a couple, for now, lol!

What's yours? I know I am missing out on tons of unknown-to-me places, so let me know whats good in your neck of the woods!!

Breakfast:

Riccies Deli- Dobbs Ferry

Home Field Also (great food)

Lunch

Roads- (City Island, but its a great place)

Clarks- Yonkers (The Old Fitzpatricks...Fitzies was the best restaurant, it was a fire buffs dream restaurant...Come on you all know what I'm talking about)

Dinner:

Candlelight Hartsdale

King China Buffet- Yorktown

Chains

Firdays-Hartsdale, or Greenville (where ever)

Applebees- Yorktown

Pizza/Italian

Sams restaurant- Dobbs Ferry

Brick Oven Pizza- Dobbs Ferry

Now I'm hungry, thanks a lot Seth! :cry: :D

Breakfast I have to agree with EMTBravo on the Fountain Diner in Hartsdale. It is quite a distance from my house so I dont get there a lot.

Lunch is Anthonys Deli on the Mamaroneck Village and Harrison border. Biggest sandwiches and rated #1 deli in Westchester.

Breakfast:

Bedford Diner- great food at an inexpensive price

Bedford Bagel- The Best Bagel ever

Wooden Nickel Deli-Katonah- The Best Bacon, Egg+Cheese sandwich you'll ever have

Lunch:

Villarina's-Mt. Kisco- Best wraps and sandwiches around

Gianfranco's Pizza- Bedford Hills- great pizza and pasta

Lange's Delicatessen-Chappaqua- You get your money's worth on every sandwich

Dinner:

The Blazer Pub-Purdy's- Best Burger and Chili around

Katonah Grill- Great tasting food all around

Italian Food

Johns best- Mt. kisco- great home cooked italian food

Peppino's Restaurant- Awesome Food

Late Nite Snacks or Cravings:

Camerons 24/7 Deli- South Salem- awesome food, Cluckin Russian-Highly Recommened

Rocky's Deli- Another hot spot for great deli food at 2am

Breakfast: Delgado's Deli, Ossining

I like the 3rd degree AV Block on a roll.

Sausage, Bacon, & Cheese.

Lunch: Forno Brick Oven Pizza, Peekskill

Awesome Lunch deals.

Dinner: NY Firehouse Grill & Bar, Peekskill

Hey.. I had to! Great Steaks, Wings, and

Firefighter stuff. Oh yeah BEER too.

Late Nite Snacks or Cravings: Rocky's Deli wins!

but remember the 24 hr White Castle and McDonalds

in Yonkers.

OUTBACK RULES!! :D

Wow! what a great topic!

Breakfast

1. Can't beat a "wacky" at Dante's on Front St., YTown (for those who dont know, the wacky is 2 eggs, bacon, cheese, ham, and hashbrowns on a roll....for the big boy, the super wacky- all of the above w/ 3 eggs and sausage), If your feeling hungry, you can take a shot at the wacky eating title, currently held at 4 wacky's in 10mins...win and get your photo up in the deli.

2. DG795's residence, YTown.....I make a mean egg and cheese omlet, or killer protein pancakes.

Lunch

1. For Pizza, Maria's on Rt35, the standard slice goes from end to end in a large pizza box.

2. If your willing to pay the price, Taste of Italy (either location) comes up with some great deli meats and Italian dishes.

Dinner

1. Gotta go w/ 57Truck, the blazer makes a serious burger

2. Brodies Pub in mohegan lake, great all around bar & grill food, GREAT steaks if you like it well done, and Phenomenal Chowda.

For great German Food (and a place to take the ladies), Jennifers Resturant on rt 118 is a small establishment with very personal service (for those who may remember, Jennifer's is located opposite of where the joke club stood until it burned down)

3 AM

1. I will stick with the standard of Rockies, you cant get a steak sandwich that good, that late, anywhere!

2. Greys Papaya's 73rd/10th, get the special (two dirty water dogs with whatever you want, and a medium papaya drink, the nectar of the gods......If you dont agree, find me a hot dog place with a line out the door a 4:00 am!)

57Truck, is the Wooden Nickel Deli the one right off 117 by the railroad tracks?

And speaking of city island, the crab shanty is in my opinion the best seafood place around

yea dg, its right in Katonah, across from the Bank of New York,where the old Healy's deli was. The Wooden Nickel is the old Katonah Deli

Best Breakfast.... Pick a Donkin Dounuts or better yet, a McDonalds (I prefer breakfast on the go....lol)

Best Lunch spot: Carmine's Deli in Elmsford (Great food and great people)

Best Pizza: Muscoot in Somers at Rt100 & 35 (Awesome thin crust!)

Best Burger: The Blazer in Purdys (AWESOME Chili too!)

Best Wings: The Candlelight in Greenville on Central Ave. (Beware of Chernoble!!!!!!!)

Best Steak: Ruths Chris Steak House (Prepair to have the best meal of your life.... but also be prepaired to pay like it was the best meal of your life....SOOOOOO Expensive!!! ](*,)

Best Dinner: Try PF Chang's in White Plains (Very good Chinese)

Guadalhara for Mexican in Archville on Rt. 9

The Bayou in Fleetwood (Cajan food. Great Ribs!)

I'd have to say -- M&R Deli in Mt. Kisco is not on anybody's list yet... I think they personally have some of the best chicken cutlett.

Rockies is obviously up top too... no where you can eat great any time of the night.

David Chen's chinese food in Armonk...

PF Changs in White Plains

Langues (Chappaqua) - Good breakfast, but overpriced in pretty much everything and their chicken is not the greatest in my opinion (nor most other food)

Breakfast:City Limits Diner, White Plains very gourmet, kinda pricey, but good.

Lunch:

The Little Spot, North White Plains

Franks Food Court, Elmsford

Dinner:Gasho's, Hawthorne

The Crab Shanty, Mamaroneck/Rye border

Italian: Pizza And Brew, Central Ave.

Pizzaria Uno

Chinese:Imperial Wok, North White Plains

Best Burger: My BBQ

Good food is the way to any man's heart, especially mine. =D>

Breakfast; Nothing beats Harmon Deli in Croton for anything, also the Hawthorne Station Deli - its immaculate and the food is always A+!!

Lunch; Again, Harmon Deli, A&S Pork in Croton. Also, Cole's Market in Montrose, and Bueti's Deli in Bedford Hills.

Dinner; Forno II pizza & Justin tyme cafe in Croton, firehouse grill in peekskill, Dino's in Hawthorne, lefteris gyros in tarrytown.

Late night craves: WHITE CASTLE!!!!! Also the Westchester Diner in Peekskill.

Nothing in this world can compare to my Mother's cooking, or my sister's, or for that matter, MY OWN!!!!

For chains, Wendy's is the best fast food, Outback and Charlie Browns can do a steak nicely, and Taco Bell is good for the internal cleansing.

How Could I Forget!!!

Ardsley FD Captain Rick Thompson, the official chef of the Ardsley Firehouse!!! His food rocks!!!

I know there's many people reading this thread, c'mon, make a reply here and let us know your favorite food in Westchester!!! Share!

Breakfast - Rockys in Millwood OR my 1 pound bacon & eggs

Lunch - Anthony's in Mamaroneck, Walters Dogs in Larchmont, the Pizza place (don't know its name) next to Bed Bath & Beyond on Central Ave. in Yonkers

Dinner - Monday - Wednesday anything I'm makin'

Thursday Peabodys for a Steak & Cheese or a "staff special"

Friday - Saturday Via del Sol in Kisco or Long Ridge Tavern on Pound Ridge/Stamford border

Sunday - My Chili

Fast food is Micky D's but if Chic Fil 'A moved north of the Mason Dixon it would be top dog.

Road food... Crackerbarrell hands down.

It's not in Westchester, but nearby

Red Rooster, on Route 22 in Brewster

mfc2257, I agree with you 100% on Anthonys Deli, it was #1 on my lunch list. Walters is also a terrific spot for a quick bite to eat. But, CRACKERBARREL... I have to disagree. No alcohol and all kinds of crazy antique crap everywhere. Not my style.

Just jokin with you... :D

DRD

Remember 585.... You mentioned Internal Cleansing? haha

I highly recommend the NY Firehouse Grill

"HAZ MAT WINGS"

Just make sure you have good ventilation and SCBA. :D

As Jim Carey said "DO NOT GO IN THERE"

mmmm, this is a bad thread in a good way....it makes me hungry! I must say, you people have good taste!

Breakfast: I'm usually on the run in the morning soo its usually deli for me,

Palace Deli in Buchanan, IHOP (anywhere), Dunkin Donuts, Montrose Bagels (Near Hen-Hud HS), Benvenuti's deli in Buchanan (great food & cheap) and when in dirty Jersey, Hole in the Wall Bagels (New Brunswick, NJ) and of course when i have time to sit down, theres always the Westchester Diner (Peekskill) a.k.a. the bomb diner, great food oh and the Executive Diner (Hawthorne)!

Lunch: Palace deli (Buchanan), Coles Market (Montrose), Anthonys Pizza (Peekskill), Pizza Pizzaz (Y-Town) Carusso's Italian deli (Ossining) and for fast-food there's always Wendys or BK.

Dinner (my favorite): Anthonys (Peekskill; great dinners), Little Mexican cafe (Montrose), NY Firehouse Grill (Peekskill), Forno's (Peekskill), Katonah Bar & Grill (Near KFD; great food, cold beer), Outback for thier "Aussie Fries" & the Chilis in Somers (boneless buffalo wings and 2 for 1 beers!).

Thats all i can think of right now :-k

Now i know what i forgot.....Rockys deli in Millwood! I know its been used a lot, but you gotta love Rockys! That place is packed at the 12noon lunch rush hour and its packed at 2 or 3 in the morning! They have great food, plus they keep alot of people working, so even if the line is out the door, you never wait too long! Its a great place to stop after a rough night out, Italian combo sub is great at 2am!

ummm lets see....

Breakfast...

have to agree with Doug on the whacky's, then you cant go wrong with JV hot bagels on Main street in Shrub Oak

Lunch...

Grand Central Market in Mahopac on rt6

Dinner....

Bugaboo Creek in Poughkeepsie or Yorktown Pizza and Pasta ( awesome chicken salads) or when it was still around Rainforest Cafe in the Palisades Mall

after 12 foods.....cant go wrong with the Mohegan dinner on rt6 either...so many memories (or what i can remember at least)

Dinner....

Bugaboo Creek in Poughkeepsie

I love that place. It's so cool that they make it like a cabin atmosphere, with all the dancing and singing animals. It's great. and great food too. After that Wal Mart is right down the street...need I say more? :D

Had a cheesburger wedge from Young's Deli on Scarsdale Ave. in Eastchester. Definetly added to my Westchester good eats list. Thanks TR54!!

Breakfast, Lunch,

Croton- Mini deli

Purchase Deli

Lunch,

Subway

Dinner,

Croton- Justin tyme

Casa de Nicola

Peekskill-Firehouse Grill

Snack, Carvel

The best of all is home cooked with the family.

Here is one for Remember 585.( french fries with bones) :chew:

NOT COOL!!!!!!!!! :oops:

STILL NOT FEELING GOOD. #-o

I GOTTA HURL. THANKS. =D> [-X

Candlelight wings rock all the time. There is no reason to go anywhere else.

They were even better a few years ago. Someone told me that the guy who made em has since moved to Pete's Saloon in Elmsford. Information unverified, but worth a shot.

I was just there, and I'll be back soon. Add a burger if you really want to be the cholesterol king!

I'd like to add two new establishments to this list:

1. Saratoga Sandwich Shop in Lincolndale (Somers). A basic sandwich shop, but fresh and tastful ingredients. It's not a chain, its one of a kind, so it's nothing like crappy Subway.

2. Off The Grill. Just a little outside Westchester on Main Ave. In Norwalk (I'm trying to convince the franchisee to open some Westchester locations).

It's like Boston Chicken (when they used to be good, before they turned into Boston Market), but with Steaks. You can get a whole bunch of stuff at this resturant, defined as "fast casual". My personal fave is the Ribeye steak hero, cooked rare. You can also get a HUGE freshly ground burger, a filet mignon, several other different cuts of steak all cooked fresh to your liking, chicken,pork,salmon, sandwiches, salads, baked potatos and cheesecake for desert.

www.offthegrill.com

I prefer Who's Cooking (the former Bob's Superette) in Croton Falls. I haven't had breakfast there, but lunch and dinner are excellent so I'm sure breakfast is just as good. Portofino's in Goldens Bridge Makes a good pizza and yup the blazer is the best "Burger Joint around

anyplace with Veal is the place for me.

Breakfest~ any place that is close like a deli

Lunch~ like Subway (steak and sliced chicken with BBQ) that is the best i suggust that every one tries that, Pizza ECT.

Dinner~ Two brothers, Anthonys, deli food and of course home made food is always the best made by me lol

And when the is no food in the house got to go to MCDEE, or Wendeys

For pizza & Italian food I would have to say Johnny's Pizzeria in Mt. Vernon

Planning a FD party... Anyone know of any good Caterers?

Reasonable rates and Good food.

Thanks! E-MAIL ME