Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Best/Favorite Food In Westchester

52 posts in this topic

To make an update to one of my favorite threads of this board...

I have to add Tony's in Hastings, and Horsefeathers in Tarrytown to the list. Both have EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT food! Tonys is a Portugese resturant, but has mainly American fare thats really good. Same with Horsefeathers, they have great burgers and an excellent brunch!!

In addition to the above,I ate at City Limits Diner for the first time last week, and it was great!! I had the Crab/Lobster cakes benedict, and it was AWESOME!! mmmmmm....

Also, the new Pizza place/Italian Resturant near WEMS HQ's, 444 E. Main St. (Route 117)in Mount Kisco opposite Freindlys has some really good and different slices. I forget the name, Gerardos I think it is. This, IMO, is one of only three good pizza shops in the Mount Kisco region. Otherwise, the other pizza places in the MK region suck. Service is great too at Gerardos.

Also had some take out Italian food from Venetian Delight on S. Central Ave. in Hartsdale, and that place has both kick ass/excellent food and service. My first time patronizing them, definelty not my last. (I've grown tired of the Italian food in the Ardsley area, and this place is just as close to my house)

I wish Westchester would have more normal type of resturants though. It seems a lot are fading away and becoming more "Manhattan" to suit the Yuppies who have invaded this county.

We have many new people on this board, I'd like to hear from them what their suggestions are....

For those in the southern area of the county,

Depot Deli in Pelham. Great deli, always great specials. Owners are former chefs, cater anything from simple lunch parties to black tie affairs, good prices too.

Agree on Johnnys Pizza off Lincoln in Mt. Vernon, need to get there more. For the everyday slice though, Pelham Pizza hits the spot.

Past: best cheeseburger, the Saw Mill Diner (gone)

Past: best pizza, Mario's on South Broadway (gone)

Past: Best chili dogs, Tom Tom's, Getty Square (gone)

Italian, present: Julianos, Park Hill Ave.

Steaks, present: Cornyn's Coach and Four, South Broadway

Chains, present: Charlie Brown's, Central Ave.

Well you can always get a great breakfast or sandwich at Anthonys Deli In Mamaroneck

Cant go wrong with Walters in Mamaroneck, but I also think one of the best Chili Cheese Dogs I ever had was at Lennys Hot Dog Stand on Anderson Hill Road in West Harrison ( dont know if he is still there)

The Little Spot in North White Plains is pretty good for some artery clogging food..

Speaking of artery clogging and digestive killing food we cant forget about Pats Hubba Hubba in Port Chester..

And finally for some awesome Ribs there is nothing like Sherwoods in Larchmont..

Speaking of artery clogging and digestive killing food we cant forget about Pats Hubba Hubba in Port Chester..

Went there the other day for the first time. Pretty damn good chili. Plenty of fire, plenty of taste. (Not just a ton of heat and no flavor). Become a popular place for my coworkers. ;->

Does anyone remember the truck stop on Central Ave north near Midland Ave in Yonkers? DEADLY chili, great big fat chili dogs. Two of those and an ice-cold pitcher of Bud....man, that's a great memory.

Pizza/Italian

4 Corners Pizzaria- Pelham Manor

Texas/ Hubba Hubba..... only at 3am with the package on, the only time a reasonably sane person would even consider it, believe me, I know.

Pizza.... In its day Johnnies in Mount Vernon but then they moved to their present location and it's not the same flavor wise, current top honors have to go to Sals' Pizzeria in Mamaroneck.

One of the best delis in the county is the Royal Scarlet in WP. It is located at E Post Rd and Grand St. I reccomend the "Bird in a Tree"

i think mcdonalds on central and burger king on central are one of the best food places in the westchester county

My top 5 are:

1.) Jackpot - Mt.Vernon

2.) Boston Market

3.) Walter's - Larchmont

4.) So Dam Hot - Valhalla

5.) Ribs On The Run - Yonkers

i think mcdonalds on central and burger king on central are one of the best food places in the westchester county

Guess you haven't been to too many real food service establishments, or are you kidding? For fast food, I think Wendys is better than either of those

never wendys is prob the same as mcdonalds and bk

Wendy's definatly beats McD's and BK hands down.

never mcdonalds fires r soo much better than both wendys and bk but bk has a better chicken sandwich. wendys has nothin that is good mcdonalds and bk have everything

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich with a BK Angus Burger with Micky D's fries...yes I've done it LoL

1) Hubba's - Port Chester

2) Rocky's Deli - Millwood(OPEN 24HRS)

3) Mirabello Pizza - Port Chester

never mcdonalds fires r soo much better than both wendys and bk but bk has a better chicken sandwich.  wendys has nothin that is good mcdonalds and bk  have everything

You've GOT to be kidding! The ONLY thing at McDonalds IS the fries!

If you want fast food, it's all about the KENNEDY FRIED CHICKEN!!!!!!!!

Now, on a serious note, I think the best fast food has got to be Taco Bell, followed by Wendy's. Burger King gained some of my respect when they started selling chili.

NO WONDER YOU STINK UP THE FIREHOUSE BATHROOM AND 60 SO BADLY, YOU LOVE CHILI

From what I hear, the Crave Cave on North Ave in New Rochelle is pretty good. Never tried it though. Also, around the corner is Mr. Taco. They have excellent real tacos, not like Taco Bell.

Walters makes the best hot dogs, by far. The Little Spot in N.W.P. is a good place for a nice simple lunch. I reccomend the corn and burgers

P.S. - THANKS A LOT DAVE!!! REMEMBER - PAYBACK"S A b**** :chainsaw: