Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest EMSCOMM80

Tarrytown's Tower Ladder 78?

34 posts in this topic

What do you think of Tarrytown’s TL78? It’s definitely one of my favorite “new†trucks!

Anyone know if TL78 is a totally new company within Tarrytown FD? Is it in service?

What do you think of Tarrytown’s TL78?  It’s definitely one of my favorite “new†trucks! 

Anyone know if TL78 is a totally new company within Tarrytown FD?  Is it in service?

TL78 is "old" Engine 78 "Washington Engine".

Their designation is being changed with the new apparatus.

AFAIK, "new" 78 is not yet in service... I believe the drivers are still being trained on it.

The wetdown is s'posed to be sometime in November.... Brrrrr....

-cmc-

Hope they hurry up its going to turn to either a snow or ice down. I love the looks of the truck dont like the color however, good luck tarrytown FD with it.!!

If you'd be so kind as to provide the wetdown date when confirmed....I'd LOVE to come get some pics of that! Geez, just when I thought the season was hours away from ending.......

Wetdown Nov 19 1 pm to 5 pm senior center on west side of the railroad tracks.

quick question, what are the 4 lights on the rear of the cab located at the top right of the rear driver door? Ive seen these before and wondered what they were for.

Oh yea, next time, take the hat off the bumper!!! :):P

Edited by EMSJunkie712

quick question, what are the 4 lights on the rear of the cab located at the top right of the  rear driver door? Ive seen these before and wondered what they were for.

Tank water level.

Much easier to see from a distance than the little ones on the pump panel...

-cmc-

Edited by cmcolfax

Tank water level.

Much easier to see from a distance than the little ones on the pump panel...

-cmc-

Thanks

There having a wetdown in November?, Thats different.

There having a wetdown in November?, Thats different.

May be they want an Ice Down to go with the color of their truck?

lol sry, just messing with ya tarrytown. Its a beautiful truck!

Got a street address or something for the Senior Center (for those not familiar with the area)? Thanks for the other info.

Heard today that ASI will be doing their shirts. Man, I can't even BEGIN to imagine how SWEET those are going to be!

down main street over the railroad bridgr head back toward the boat club. first right headed toward the river.

Thanks for the info. Let's all pray for some nice Indian Summer weather that weekend! :)

RIGHT AFTER TL78's WETDOWN WE WILL BE HAVING OUR FLAG FOOTBALL GAME.

FD Vs PD

Shirts

food and everything else

Fundraiser for New Orleans FD & PD

I'm getting senile.

Edited by x635

Is TL 78 Tarrytown's first ladder company?

Are they selling shirts @ the wet down?

Is TL 78 Tarrytown's first ladder company?

Are they selling shirts @ the wet down?

TL78 will be Tarrytown's second ladder company.

Conqueror H&L (Truck 37) has been around for well over 100 years.

There will be plenty of shirts for sale at the wetdown.

Good luck with the wetdown. Why did Tarrytown decide to purchase a tower ladder instead another pumper ? The lettering and the color of the truck is very interesting, the blue and grey color is an interesting color scheme, you rarely see trucks with this color, this truck was well designed and serves the dept well in the future.

Good luck with the wetdown.  Why did Tarrytown decide to purchase a tower ladder instead another pumper ? The lettering and the color of the truck is very interesting, the blue and grey color is an interesting color scheme, you rarely see trucks with this color,  this truck  was well designed and serves the dept well in the future.

in 1998 my comapny started designing a pumper to replace our current engine 78. in late 1999 the town had a study done by an insurance carrier which suggested relocating the firehouses in town and having a second engine in the south end of town. in 2000 we scrapped our engine design and began building what we have now, tower ladder 78.

in 1998 my comapny started designing a pumper to replace our current engine 78.  in late 1999 the town had a study done by an insurance carrier which suggested relocating the firehouses in town and having a second engine in the south end of town.  in 2000 we scrapped our engine design and began building what we have now, tower ladder 78.

Do you mean truck / ladder instead of engine or am i misunderstanding you?

I now understand why you decided to buy the tower ladder, instead of a pumper. It makes alot sense to have a second ladder truck.

Do you mean truck / ladder instead of engine or am i misunderstanding you?

yes - second ladder in the south end, not a second engine.

Someone send a picture to code 3 collectables to make that truck! They even have a mold for it!

Rich

1946/2000

"in 1998 my comapny started designing a pumper to replace our current engine 78. in late 1999 the town had a study done by an insurance carrier which suggested relocating the firehouses in town and having a second engine in the south end of town. in 2000 we scrapped our engine design and began building what we have now, tower ladder 78."

-Is that why '78' is Tarrytowns now............?

How much did TL78 cost,it looks like it is well equipped?

Also, how many engines companies does Tarrytown have? Thanks

Tower ladder 78 cost complete with the bells and whistles(fully equiped)is apx a cool million( thats 1 with a lot of zeros) give or take a few dollars. but when you are dealing with that kind of money whats a few dollers either way.

also in Tarrytown are 4 other pumpers and one other ladder.

Anyone know if there are still wet down shirts avalible anywhere? I missed the big day.

I must say all though I prefer red fire trucks, I really like the colors of the new TL 78. It is a very nice looking Truck.