Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder44

Favorite Hydraulic Tool Company?

15 posts in this topic

What your favorite hydraulic tool company?

What does your company have?

LUKAS on Engine 239, Engine 240 and Rescue 30...

We also have a portable battery powered Holmatro tool on the Rescue... (great tool)

My company also utilizes a portable "hand operated" Holmatro tool. Although I am just getting familiar with it...it has quickly become one of my favorites.

Stratfield FD R15, Fairfield CT carries a full compliment of hurst extrication equipment: 2 Spreaders, combi, cutter, 3 rams as well as a portable lukas small c shaped cutter. Love all of them.

AMKUS TOOLS , they are great.

I've always used hurst and like them, however I did try out the Holmatros, TNT tools and paratech bags and tools and like then as well.

AMKUS TOOLS , they are great.

I fully agree. I have used a few different varieties of tools. Most of the time I have used Hurst and Amkus, and Amkus is my tool of choice (if I had one)!

Much lighter, more powerful, and less bulk to them!

I've used all the major brands and as I've said in previous posts I prefer Holmatro.

Unfortunately, have never dealt with anything other than Hurst. Our Hurst tools have served us well so long as we have had them, but I would never be opposed to trying out other brands.

....my favorite is any kind that will get the job done

What your favorite hydraulic tool company?

What does your company have?

Im in Cobleskill FD and we recently purchased TNT tools. They are excellent tools and come with a variety of attachments to make rescue easier. They just came out with a confined space tool now also. Good tool. ;)

Our department uses all Hurst tools. We have a cutter, spreader, maverick tool and several rams on our rescue and we have a maverick tool on one of our engines. I have also used Amkus tools but I personally didnt like how one of the handles on the combo tool was the control. However i cannot speak on Lukas, Holmatro and any others because i havent used them.

our department uses Lukas tools. we have a cutter, spreader, ram, and a c cutter. im only a jr corps member and am greatful to have some time on any tools at all, but would love to try the different types to see the differences.