Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

New engine in the works for Croton

41 posts in this topic

According to the Croton-Cortlandt Gazette, week of 4/15 thru 4/21, the Village of Croton has approved the purchase of a new Engine 119 at a cost of no more than $410,000 in the 2004-2005 fiscal year. This will replace the current Engine 119, a 1984 Mack CF pumper, which will be removed from service and sold once replaced. If all goes well, we hope to go out to bid this fall. =D>

On another note, Tanker 10 has yet to be "totalled" by the Insurance Company. At this point, it is unknown if it is totalled and if it will be repairable. As soon as I know, you all will know.

On another note, a new 55B2 is currently being built by PL Custom. Should arrive and be in service in August 2004. =D>

Congrats on the approval for a new E119, but its almost bittersweet lol! The current 119 is such a mint rig, and i doubt i'm alone in saying this, but i will definately miss seeing that rig around! Also, any ideas on what manufacturer you will go with? As far as T10 goes, people have said its too bad about the rig being so damaged, but i am just glad to hear everyone was ok, the rig can be replaced, people cannot. On the topic of T10, it will definately take awhile to repair/replace, so are there any plans to assist response, such as mutual aid?

Wow, another PL Custom. Is it just me or are they the "in" ambulance maker? I know Lewisboro is in the market for a new rig and they are strongly leaning towards going with a PL Custom extended body rig. Katonah Bedford now has 2, Mount Kisco should be getting thier second any time now, Somers has 1. Those guys at Specialty Vehicle Sales must be loving Westchester right now! :D

How about refurbing it into a Tanker, like Noroton Heights FD did? They took their Mack CF snorkel, removed the snorkel, completly refurbed and overhauled the chasis, and made it into a Tanker.

http://www.ci.darien.ct.us/nhfd/snorkel_conversion.htm

They also took their oldd Mack CF tanker and made it into a Quint.

I'm sure time wont allow that, though for Croton.

What is the type of new engine that Croton is going to be a recue engine style or just a standard engine and who is the maker?

Man, I would love to see our Mack converted into a tanker, but it won't happen.

We are looking into a rescue/engine configuration. E119 currently handles the FAST assignments, and is also the strongest of the three engine companies in the Department. We are designing a rig that will be capable of doing pretty much anything, without the assistance of a Truck and/ or rescue. If all goes well, it will be a 1500gpm dual-stage, 750 gal tank, 10 man cab, all stainless construction, rescue-body, generator, scene lights, and all the equipment we currently carry and hopefully some more, including a TIC.

Good luck to my friends in eng 119 with the New Engine I am sure it will be an awesome rig but i dont think it will ever be able to touch your current eng that is one of the greatest engine's around

Posted in the 9/2 - 9/8 Croton-Cortlandt Gazette.

Notice to Bidders

Bid No. 8-04

For Furnishing One Fire Apparatus (8 man pumper)

The Village Manager of the Village of Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y. will receive sealed proposals at the Municipal Building, 1 Van Wyck Street, Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y. until 10 A.M. October 13, 2004 for the furnishing and delivering of one Fire Apparatus (8 Man Pumper).

At the above time and place the bids will be publicly opened and read. The form of proposal and specifications will be available at the Office of the Village Manager in the Municipal Building, where copies thereof may be obtained by bidders.

The Village of Croton-on-Hudson reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or parts of proposals, to increase or decrease the bid quantity or to waive any informality in the proposal, as deemed advisable in the interest of the Village.

Richard F. Herbek

VILLAGE MANAGER

914-271-4848

Dated 8/11/04

**Engine 119 is officially out to bid. Once the bids are in, I'll keep you all up to speed on the winner.**

HOORAAAYYYYYY !!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

Can't wait to see who gets the bid!

Are we getting another Lafrance???

What did you guys pay for the last engine?

Sent you a PM about the rigs and the prices...

The bids were closed on Wednesday, October 13th.

Only one bid was received from Seagrave. =D>

Now, the rest of this process is in the hands of our Village Board. [-o<

With luck, they will approve the bid and we will begin talking to Seagrave about building our next member of "The Big House Fleet."

And no, it will not be green. Sorry, but fire engines are suppose to be red. #-o

Congrats, when delivery to be expected?

Heard that the price was a little high! Not enough in the budget?

It's finally official. =D> =D> =D>

The Village of Croton has agreed to award the contract to Seagrave (Excelsior Fire Equipment) as of November 8, 2004.

Seagrave was the only bidder for the new Engine 119 replacement, coming in with a bid of $478,676.00.

My thanks to the committee, your hardwork will pay off!

And no, it will not be green. Sorry, but fire engines are suppose to be red.

Don't tell that to Hawai'i. They're all yellow. :D

Congrats, when delivery to be expected?

If all goes according to plan, I am told we could see our new rig by Christmas 2005.

Now, if we could get the damn tanker back, we'd be in good shape. (But that's a whole different story.)

so are we going to see picture of the new rig here?

Of course! As soon as we see it and take some shots of it - I will post them here. I just wouldn't expect anything for at least 6 months....

From the Village of Croton-on-Hudson website.

The resolution passed for the new E119.

On motion of TRUSTEE____________, seconded by TRUSTEE _______, the

following resolution was adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Croton-on-Hudson, New York:

WHEREAS, on October 13, 2004 there was a bid opening for a new fire pumper to replace a 1984 vehicle; and

WHEREAS, only one bid was received from Excelsior Fire Equipment Sales at a cost of $478,676; and

WHEREAS, the unit bid meets all specifications; and

WHEREAS, the amount available in the capital account is $409,824; and

WHEREAS, Fire Chief William Vlad recommends awarding this bid;

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED: that the Village Manager is authorized to award the bid to Excelsior Fire Equipment Sales,

AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: that 50% will be prepaid resulting in a $7,426.66 discount

AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: that $239,338 will be charged to capital account # 003 3410 200 045 115

AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: that the balance of $61,426 will be appropriated out of fund balance at the end of the 2004-05 fiscal year or added to the operating budget of the 2005-06 fiscal year.

November 8, 2004

Last Updated: Friday, Nov 05, 2004

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Congrats to my boys at 119!!! I have been through the bid specs and trust me there has been no pebble left unturned. My hat goes off to the truck committee (especially the chair). I will try my best for a million dollar pumper in 2013 :wink:

HEY BIG DADDY MUNS, NEW SEAGRAVE IS GOING TO COST 478,000.00 DOLLARS? SEEMS ALOT. WHEN SOMERS GOT THE BID IN FOR OUR NEW ENGINE IT WAS 360 OR 370 FROM SEAGRAVE. AND WE GET ALOT OF BELLS AND WHISTLES JUST WONDERING WHAT ADDITIONAL STUFF YOU GUYS GOT ON IT ABOVE THE STANDARD PUMPER?

Anybody care to make donations to help the company buy back the old Mack?!?!

Damn we will miss that rig!

This just in....Croton Police plan to buy the old Mack to verify all the check and advises they do on reported fires!!

Not really, but it wouldn;t suprise me!