Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Snowstorm Predicted For This Weekend!

51 posts in this topic

Just was watching News 12 at 5:30 and they said snow not coming in 8pm or later and only 3-6 or many be a lil more or less depending on how the warm stream tracks in from the south west B) . Hope fully the news is wrong like most times

the SKED rescue sled works better than a Stokes basket..... And there's always reeves stretchers

I like the reeves idea....but as it looks now, i'm gonna be forced to come in to work, that is, unless one of my oh so nice co-workers decides to take the overtime. Damn I hate being on the bottom of the totem pole

Now they are saying 3-6 inches, that sucks. I want snow I want to make some big OT

for the ultimate sledding experience, zip yourself up in a bodybag and go down the hill, thats crazy!

I like the reeves idea....but as it looks now, i'm gonna be forced to come in to work, that is, unless one of my oh so nice co-workers decides to take the overtime. Damn I hate being on the bottom of the totem pole

Don't look in my direction..... I've got plans. Unless of course you throw me a bone. Got Jessica Simpson's home #?

BREAKING NEWS.....

National weather service just said its a hoax.

Sunday will be warm and spring, feel like a Florida in the winter....LOL

ok at 6 pm everyone go outside, face east and blow hard at the same time so maybe it will go out to sea.

screw the winter,

screw the snow,

its not OT for me and screw putting the chains on the apparatus.

I couldn't agree more. Times like this I wished I stayed in Florida....

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

Sorry guys, no Spring on Sunday...... :D:D

Blizzard Warning from the National Weather Service: 

/O.UPG.KOKX.BZ.A.0001.060211T2300Z-060212T1700Z/ /O.NEW.KOKX.BZ.W.0001.060212T0000Z-060212T1800Z/

SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS-NASSAU- NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-

502 AM EST SAT FEB 11 2006

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SUNDAY.

THE BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING...

AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES OVERNIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH...

CREATING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ALONG WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW...MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT AND ESPECIALLY SUNDAY MORNING.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS SUNDAY AFTERNOON...ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD AVERAGE 8 TO 12 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING.

FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS...

MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL.

IF YOU MUST...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

Edited by hoss49

And, for my friends in the North...... :D

Winter Storm Warning

from the National Weather Service

/O.UPG.KOKX.WS.A.0001.060212T0000Z-060212T1700Z/ /O.NEW.KOKX.WS.W.0003.060212T0000Z-060212T1700Z/

ORANGE-PUTNAM-ROCKLAND-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-

502 AM EST SAT FEB 11 2006

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST SUNDAY.

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING...

AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES OVERNIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH...CAUSING BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS EARLY SUNDAY AFTERNOON...ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD AVERAGE 5 TO 9 INCHES.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING.

STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Be prepared out there you are going to be busy. It is going to be a mess out there so be ready for the freezing tempratures the wind the drifting snow and the back breaking job of shoveling, I am are you ready.

Hmm, cold - Stokes basket to go sleigh riding in!

Leave the stokes and grab the sked.

I like the reeves idea

Can We Say Backboards !!!!!!!!!!! :D:lol::D

Let it snow maybe know i can use that new snow plow that i got can't wait

Getting closer !!!!!! :D

post-839-1139687628.jpg

theweatherchannel

How many people do you get for standby during a storm?

Oh yeah baby, I can see that swirlin' nor'easter motion !!! :D

post-839-1139708433.gif

i hate snow if i didn't have to be out plowing i would definatly stay home or jump on the first plane outta here

but seriously to all of the volunteers thank you all for being there on a miserable night

i hope it is a very uneventful night and you all have goodnights sleep

if people from Buffalo saw the reports that are given here when it snows it would probably be a good laugh to them,do you think that the reporters over react? maybe just a little????

well have not had much snow this weekend.only about 3inches

Still in the thick of it.... est. 12" on the ground in the Pelhams, forecast upgraded to 18 to 24" at finish....

post-839-1139760572.gif

Anyone get to drive the Hutchitson River Ice Skating rink today? i was awsome, at 1pm no plowing yet donwn in Pelham. was like World Rally driving out there. tons-o-fun

Least I Know my 4WD works....