Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Snowstorm Predicted For This Weekend!

51 posts in this topic

Special Weather Statement from the National Weather Service

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX- NORTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-WESTERN PASSAIC-BERGEN- EASTERN PASSAIC-ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-ORANGE-PUTNAM-ROCKLAND- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS-NASSAU- NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-

438 AM EST THU FEB 9 2006

...A WINTER STORM MAY AFFECT THE REGION SATURDAY AND SUNDAY...

A WEAKENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVING THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT WILL PHASE WITH ANOTHER LOW MOVING OUT OF SOUTHERN TEXAS.

THIS SOUTHERN STREAM LOW WILL THEN DEEPEN AS IT MOVES TO THE SOUTHEAST COAST BY SATURDAY MORNING AND INTO THE MID ATLANTIC COAST SATURDAY.

THE LOW WILL CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES TO OFF THE NEW ENGLAND COAST SUNDAY.

PLENTY OF COLD AIR WILL BE IN PLACE ALONG WITH GULF OF MEXICO AND ATLANTIC MOISTURE TO GIVE THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT SNOW EVENT ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION

...BEGINNING SATURDAY AND CONTINUING INTO SUNDAY.

THERE STILL IS SOME UNCERTAINTY AS TO HOW CLOSE TO THE COAST THE LOW WILL TRACK.

IF THE LOW MOVES FURTHER OFFSHORE LESS SNOW WILL OCCUR

...A TRACK FURTHER INLAND COULD BRING HIGHER AMOUNTS TO INLAND AREAS WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW ALONG THE COAST.

CURRENT EXPECTATIONS ARE FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEASTERN NEW YORK...INCLUDING NEW YORK CITY...NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.

Sat imto Sunday can you say OT BABBY and a lot of it!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah keep it comming i could use the ot let it snow baby

Groundhogs make good target pratice at 100-200 yds, and when they are dead they can't see their shadow-let it snow,let it snow,let it snow

Hope it becomes the blizzard of 2006

Hope it becomes the blizzard of 2006

The one weekend I need good weather!!! Brutal

Groundhogs make good target pratice at 100-200 yds, and when they are dead they can't see their shadow-let it snow,let it snow,let it snow

Hahaha, nice!

Edited by xfirefighter484x

maybe I wont have school on mon, I hope not, let it snow, news 12 is calling any were from 6 to 12+ inches.

:angry: Let it snow I hate it bring on the white stuff

PUT ON THE PLOWS AND LOAD THE SALTERS!

....hopefully no wind with this storm....

BedfordFire, sorry to disappoint you, but read on !! Even though it looks now like the worst will be in the S.counties....

Blizzard Watch from the National Weather Service:

/O.NEW.KOKX.BZ.A.0001.060211T1800Z-060212T1700Z/ SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS-NASSAU- NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-

452 AM EST FRI FEB 10 2006

...BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

SNOW WILL BEGIN DURING SATURDAY AFTERNOON...

AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES SATURDAY NIGHT.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL ALSO INCREASE SATURDAY NIGHT TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH...CAUSING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ALONG WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS SUNDAY MORNING...ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD AVERAGE 8 TO 12 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

THE HIGHEST TOTALS ARE MOST LIKELY TO OCCUR IN AND NEAR NEW YORK CITY...AND ACROSS WESTERN LONG ISLAND.

A BLIZZARD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FALLING AND OR BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND EXTREMELY POOR VISIBILITIES.

THIS CAN LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AND MAKE TRAVEL VERY DANGEROUS.

Well, looks like the Northern counties are also getting a good taste of this one... B)B)

Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service: 

/O.NEW.KOKX.WS.A.0001.060211T2100Z-060212T1700Z/ NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX- NORTHERN NEW LONDON-ORANGE-PUTNAM-ROCKLAND-NORTHERN WESTCHEST

ER- 452 AM EST FRI FEB 10 2006

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

SNOW WILL BEGIN LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON TOWARD SUNSET...

AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES SATURDAY NIGHT.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL ALSO INCREASE SATURDAY NIGHT TO 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH...

CAUSING BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS SUNDAY MORNING...ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD AVERAGE 6 TO 12 INCHES...WITH THE HIGHER ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

For once I don't mind snow in the forecast. Probably because I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday night!! Although I did want to go to Somers' Vegas Nite - I hope it doesn't affect that

ok at 6 pm everyone go outside, face east and blow hard at the same time so maybe it will go out to sea.

screw the winter,

screw the snow,

its not OT for me and screw putting the chains on the apparatus.

Edited by alsfirefighter

Beep beep All members of EmtBravo report for snow stand by !

Time to pack up for a night of sleeping at the firehouse

X-box ------------------------------- Check

Sleeping bag ----------------------- Check

Pillows ------------------------------ Check

DVD Player ------------------------ Check

DVDS (backdraft, Ladder 49)----- Check

Chains for trucks ------------------ Check

Ok lets go Bring It On!

Time to pack up for a night of sleeping at the firehouse

X-box ------------------------------- Check

Sleeping bag ----------------------- Check

Pillows ------------------------------ Check

DVD Player ------------------------ Check

DVDS (backdraft, Ladder 49)----- Check

Chains for trucks ------------------ Check

Ok lets go Bring It On!

def agree on that looks like a long nite satruday

PUT ON THE PLOWS AND LOAD THE SALTERS!

....hopefully no wind with this storm....

Hopefully we wont loose power this time! B)

to bad ill be working all damm night wish i could stay at the firehouse sat night but oh well bring on the snow baby 12 inches and lots of wind its gonna be a very long sat night hope everybody is ready

For once I don't mind snow in the forecast.

I'm with you 648. It is winter. If it is going to be cold, at least give us some snow. If it is going to be warm, stay warm. At the least, I just wish that the weather would make up its mind! So, since it is so cold, bring on the snow!!!

Hmm, cold - one more reason i don't like open jump seats.....

And of course, the new engine should be done around JUNE! At least it'll have A/C though!

As for the storm- csf forgot something for the list - Stokes basket to go sleigh riding in!

As for the storm- csf forgot something for the list - Stokes basket to go sleigh riding in!

the SKED rescue sled works better than a Stokes basket..... And there's always reeves stretchers