Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Orange, Dutchess and Putnam ALS Providers?

34 posts in this topic

I know (or I think I know) Putnam has 4? Medics that cover the entire county. But what about Dutchess and Orange?

Putnam County contracts with Alamo EMS. We have 4 medics in service in the county.

Medic 1 (35M1) is based at Philipstown VAC and covers the Town of Philipstown (Garrison VAC & Philipstown VAc).

Medic 2 (35M2) is based at Putnam Valley FD Station 2 and covers the Town of Putnam Valley (Putnam Valley VAC).

Medic 3 (35M3) is based at Mahopac Station 3 (Crane Rd) and covers the Town of Carmel ( Mahopac FD, Mahopac Falls FD, and Carmel VAC) & the Kent Fire District.

Medic 4 (35M4) is based at the Patterson FD ( Headquarters) and covers the Towns of Southeast (Brewster FD) ,Patterson (Patterson RS and Putnam Lake FD) and the Lake Carmel section of the Town of Kent (Lake Carmel FD )

Dutchess has no one main ALS provider. Each district/department can choose to use one provider over another, depending on each provider's coverage area. The main contract ALS providers are:

1.) Alamo EMS

2.) Mobile Life Support Services

3.) TransCare

4.) Northern Dutchess Paramedics EMS

These exclude departments who have their own medics, like paid or combination departments (i.e. Arlington, LaGrange...)

For obvious reasons, hence the name, Northern Dutchess Paramedics cover the northern Dutchess area, like Rhinebeck, Amenia, Millerton, Red Hook, many more that I can not think of off the top of my head, but those I listed are just a few. A complete list of their coverage area is listed on this page of their site.

Mobile Life covers a few districts in the southern Dutchess area, currently Village of Fishkill, and East Fishkill.

Alamo has a variety of contracts around the county, from the southern end of Dutchess, like Rombout and Beacon, up to the ALS provider for the City of Poughkeepsie.

Transcare is the provider for the Town of Wappinger, including the departments of Hughsonville and New Hackensack.

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Orange County has Mobile Life Support based in Newburgh as well as Regional EMS who has an office in Middletown. MLSS has cities of Newburgh and Middletown. Regional has the city of Port Jervis. Both companies have contracts with various towns in the county. Hope this helps!

thanks all for the Putnam/Orange/Dutchess replies!

What about Rockland? I remember once seeing a Suburban? marked for "Rockland Paramedics" (I think)???

What about Rockland? I remember once seeing a Suburban? marked for "Rockland Paramedics" (I think)???

Doubt things have changed, but when I worked there (3 years ago), RPS (www.rocklandparamedics.org) staffed a number of medic units.

Medic 1 was a RMC/Regional truck in Haverstraw.

Medic 3 was in New City at New City Vac.

Medic 3-1 was in Tuxedo (Orange County) Single Medic.

Medic 2-1 was in Orangeburg in their own station.

Medic 2-3 was in Ramapo at RVAC.

Medic 2-5 was in Spring Valley @ SHVAC.

Medic 5 in Nyack at their own station (shared Building with one of the Nyack FD companies)

All but medic 3-1 staffed with two medics, two sets of gear.

Again, my info may be a little out of date, but I still talk to some of the folks there.

I guess it is safe to presume that Sloper-Willen was bought out by Trans Care??

Sloper-Willen was bought out by/merged with Alamo. Alamo is the "surviving" agency/company. This happened a number of years ago.

PC414

Sloper + Alamo = Slammo!

More like Slow-Mo... hahahhaa

But as far as Dutchess here's a coverage list by fire district (ALS and BLS-B/C I'm Bored)

A-Alamo

NDP-Northern Dutchess

TC-Transcare

MLSS-Mobile Life

EMPIRE AMBULANCE-*has no municipal contracts in Dutchess but handles 911 work @ nursing homes, VA, etc..

31-Amenia-NDP

1 BLS

32-Arlington-MUNICIPAL ALS

2 ALS 24/7, 1 ADDL. ALS 7A-5P WEEKDAYS OTHERWISE BLS, 1 SPARE AMB, *UP TO 3 ADDL MEDICS AVAIL DURING DAYTIME HOURS IF NEED BE.

33-City of Beacon-A-FLYCAR BASED @ BEACON VOL. 81-87

3 BLS (AND BLS FLYCAR)-BEACON VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE

34-Beekman-A-24/7 CONTRACT W/ALAMO-34-72

1 BLS

35-Chelsea-TC/A

36-Dover-NDP

2 BLS- 1 DAYTIME BLS BUS PROVIDED BY NDP (36-73)

37-Dutchess Junction-A-(BEACON'S FLYCAR)

38-East Clinton-A/NDP

1 BLS

39-East Fishkill-MLSS

2 BLS

41-Fairview-A

2 BLS

42-Village of Fishkill-MLSS

43-Glenham-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS

44-Hillside-NDP

RHINEBECK BLS M/A FOR BLS

45-Hughsonville-TC-UNDER TN/WAPP. CONTRACT

46-Hyde Park-NDP

1 BLS

47-Lagrange-MUNICIPAL ALS

2 ALS DAYTIME, 1 ALS/1 BLS NIGHT

48-Milan-NDP

1 BLS

49-Millbrook-A-6A-6P IN HOUSE CONTRACT ALS BUS 49-73/OTHERWISE ALS UNIT FROM PK

2 BLS

51-Millerton-NDP

2 BLS

52-New Hackensack-TC-UNDER TN/WAPP. CONTRACT

53-New Hamburg-A

54-Pawling-A-24/7 ALS BUS 54-73

55-Pine Plains-NDP

1 BLS

56-Pleasant Valley-A-5A-5P CONTRACT ALAMO ALS BUS 56-73/OTHERWISE UNIT FROM PK

2 BLS

57-City of Poughkeepsie-A

58-Red Hook-NDP

1 BLS

59-Rhinebeck-NDP

1 BLS

61-Rhinecliff-NDP

1 BLS

62-Rombout-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS

63-Roosevelt-A

1 BLS

64-Staatsburg-NDP

1 BLS

65-Stanford-NDP

2 BLS

66-Tivoli-NDP

1 BLS

67-Union Vale-NDP-24/7 ALS COVERAGE 67-73

2 BLS

68-Village of Wappingers-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS

69-Wassaic-NDP

1 BLS

71-West Clinton-NDP

1 BLS

Doesn't include contract work @ nursing homes, industrial facilities, correctional facilities, and what not... that's just way too much (like the above isn't) <_<

BTW Sloper-Willen was one of the greatest places to work EVER in EMS.

OK I'm done kthanksbye

Rockland Paramedics and Regional EMS are the same company.

Primary ALS Response

Mobile Life Support Service(Newburgh)

City of Newburgh (Sole Provider)

City of Middletown (Sole Provider)

Town of Waywayanda (Sole Provider)

Town of Newburgh VAC (ALS Only)

Town of Montgomery VAC (ALS Only)

Town of Wallkill VAC (ALS Only)

Pine Bush Area VAC (ALS Only)

Goshen VAC (ALS Only)

Monroe VAC (ALS Only)

Florida Rescue Squad (ALS Only)

Woodbury VAC (ALS Only)

Town of Highland VAC (ALS Only)

Chester VAC (ALS Only)

Regional EMS(Middletown)

Port Jervis VAC (ALS Only)

Otisville VAC (ALS Only)

Warwick VAC (ALS Only)

Lenape VAC (ALS Only)

Greenville VAC (ALS Only)

Pine Island VAC (ALS Only)

Greenwood Lake VAC (ALS Only)

Cornwall VAC (ALS Only)

Tuxedo VAC (Medic 31-Rockland Paramedics)

Corps. with thier own ALS, All 3 use ALS Fly Car System

New Windsor VAC (Regional Back-Up)

Blooming Grove VAC (MLSS & Regional Back-Up)

Kiryas Joel EMS (Hotzola)

TurboRich....rides again. Guess who? Yeah Sloper wasn't all that bad and we did have a blast being partners a few times.

Just one correction: New Windsor VAC uses Regional EMS as their ALS provider and they provide BLS backup if NWVAC needs additional resources.

Rockland Paramedics and Regional EMS are the same company.

Primary ALS Response

Mobile Life Support Service(Newburgh)

City of Newburgh (Sole Provider)

City of Middletown (Sole Provider)

Town of Waywayanda (Sole Provider)

Town of Newburgh VAC (ALS Only)

Town of Montgomery VAC (ALS Only)

Town of Wallkill VAC (ALS Only)

Pine Bush Area VAC (ALS Only)

Goshen VAC (ALS Only)

Monroe VAC (ALS Only)

Florida Rescue Squad (ALS Only)

Woodbury VAC (ALS Only)

Town of Highland VAC (ALS Only)

Chester VAC (ALS Only)

Regional EMS(Middletown)

Port Jervis VAC (ALS Only)

Otisville VAC (ALS Only)

Warwick VAC (ALS Only)

Lenape VAC (ALS Only)

Greenville VAC (ALS Only)

Pine Island VAC (ALS Only)

Greenwood Lake VAC (ALS Only)

Cornwall VAC (ALS Only)

Tuxedo VAC (Medic 31-Rockland Paramedics)

Corps. with thier own ALS, All 3 use ALS Fly Car System

New Windsor VAC (Regional Back-Up)

Blooming Grove VAC (MLSS & Regional Back-Up)

Kiryas Joel EMS (Hotzola)

Just one correction: New Windsor VAC uses Regional EMS as their ALS provider and they provide BLS backup if NWVAC needs additional resources.

My bad trauma, I was under the impression that they came back ALS n 171 was a medic.

171 is a full time paid supervisor in NWVAC. He is 171 on the county frequency, but we call him Car 2 on the NWVAC Channel.

My bad trauma, I was under the impression that they came back ALS n 171 was a medic.

How many medics cover Dutchess and how many square miles. I heard Putnam has only 4.

How many medics cover Dutchess and how many square miles.  I heard Putnam has only 4.

All of Rockland County except Stony Point and Haverstraw is covered by double Medic fly cars from RPS "Rockland Paramedic Services". They are on contract with the town around the county. Stony Point and Haverstraw (North Rockland area) is covered by Regional EMS which is the ambulance division of RPS.

How many medics cover Dutchess and how many square miles.  I heard Putnam has only 4.

What exactly did you mean about Dutchess ziggy? There are no "assigned county medics".

Look up to one of my earlier responses, and for a more accurate listing, check out Turborich's posting. Contract ALS and BLS providers, like Alamo, and Mobile Life for example, have multiple rigs, and can in theory, backfill, or use another available unit to cover multiple calls in the district.

Again, I refer you to Turborich's posting for a very accurate listing (he has waaaay too much time on his hands lol!)

TurboRich....rides again.  Guess who?  Yeah Sloper wasn't all that bad and we did have a blast being partners a few times.

Wow man I didn't even realize you replied to this until now!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

We HAVE to work together again... it was a BLAST!!! Drop a line some time!

But as far as Dutchess here's a coverage list by fire district (ALS and BLS-B/C I'm Bored)

A-Alamo

NDP-Northern Dutchess

TC-Transcare

MLSS-Mobile Life

EMPIRE AMBULANCE-*has no municipal contracts in Dutchess but handles 911 work @ nursing homes, VA, etc..

31-Amenia-NDP

1 BLS

32-Arlington-MUNICIPAL ALS

2 ALS 24/7, 1 ADDL. ALS 7A-5P WEEKDAYS OTHERWISE BLS, 1 SPARE AMB, *UP TO 3 ADDL MEDICS AVAIL DURING DAYTIME HOURS IF NEED BE.

33-City of Beacon-A-FLYCAR BASED @ BEACON VOL. 81-87

3 BLS (AND BLS FLYCAR)-BEACON VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE

34-Beekman-A-24/7 CONTRACT W/ALAMO-34-72

1 BLS

35-Chelsea-TC/A

36-Dover-NDP

2 BLS- 1 DAYTIME BLS BUS PROVIDED BY NDP (36-73)

37-Dutchess Junction-A-(BEACON'S FLYCAR)

38-East Clinton-A/NDP

1 BLS

39-East Fishkill-MLSS

2 BLS

41-Fairview-A

2 BLS

42-Village of Fishkill-MLSS

43-Glenham-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS

44-Hillside-NDP

RHINEBECK BLS M/A FOR BLS

45-Hughsonville-TC-UNDER TN/WAPP. CONTRACT

46-Hyde Park-NDP

1 BLS

47-Lagrange-MUNICIPAL ALS

2 ALS DAYTIME, 1 ALS/1 BLS NIGHT

48-Milan-NDP

1 BLS

49-Millbrook-A-6A-6P IN HOUSE CONTRACT ALS BUS 49-73/OTHERWISE ALS UNIT FROM PK

2 BLS

51-Millerton-NDP

2 BLS

52-New Hackensack-TC-UNDER TN/WAPP. CONTRACT

53-New Hamburg-A

54-Pawling-A-24/7 ALS BUS 54-73

55-Pine Plains-NDP

1 BLS

56-Pleasant Valley-A-5A-5P CONTRACT ALAMO ALS BUS 56-73/OTHERWISE UNIT FROM PK

2 BLS

57-City of Poughkeepsie-A

58-Red Hook-NDP

1 BLS

59-Rhinebeck-NDP

1 BLS

61-Rhinecliff-NDP

1 BLS

62-Rombout-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS

63-Roosevelt-A

1 BLS

64-Staatsburg-NDP

1 BLS

65-Stanford-NDP

2 BLS

66-Tivoli-NDP

1 BLS

67-Union Vale-NDP-24/7 ALS COVERAGE 67-73

2 BLS

68-Village of Wappingers-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS

69-Wassaic-NDP

1 BLS

71-West Clinton-NDP

1 BLS

Doesn't include contract work @ nursing homes, industrial facilities, correctional facilities, and what not... that's just way too much (like the above isn't) :unsure:

BTW Sloper-Willen was one of the greatest places to work EVER in EMS.

OK I'm done kthanksbye

Just for the record 67-73 is only on mon-fri 6am-6pm. The rest of the time its the BLS ambulances and a northern dutchess unit under m/a.

A-Alamo

NDP-Northern Dutchess

TC-Transcare

MLSS-Mobile Life

"35-Chelsea-TC/A"

"43-Glenham-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS"

"62-Rombout-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS"

"68-Village of Wappingers-A-SWITCHING TO MLSS"

Well Rich, you almost got it right.

Chelsea is covered by Beacon (bls) in most of the Fishkill area, Alamo has a small section of the Fishkill part and Transcare has the Wappinger section.

Glenham is not switching to MLSS; they are covered by Beacon and receive ALS from Alamo

There has been no contract change for Rombout, (the Town supervisor won't allow that! (she sits on Health quest board (the parent of Alamo, Vassar, ect.)

The Village of Wappinger’s switched to MLSS early last month.

Other wise you did a good job!

Am I correct to assume that it is mostly Paid EMS and not Volunteer EMS in Dutchess?

Not really there are more volunteer squads than paid. Its just that most of the volunteer squads have a paid medic respond with them.

Well Rich, you almost got it right.

Chelsea is covered by Beacon (bls) in most of the Fishkill area, Alamo has a small section of the Fishkill part and Transcare has the Wappinger section.

Glenham is not switching to MLSS; they are covered by Beacon and receive ALS from Alamo

There has been no contract change for Rombout, (the Town supervisor won't allow that! (she sits on Health quest board (the parent of Alamo, Vassar, ect.)

The Village of Wappinger’s switched to MLSS early last month.

Other wise you did a good job!

Waa... everyone's a quarterback... :):):lol:

Waa... everyone's a quarterback...  :)  :)  :lol:

I said you did a good job otherwise

Putnam County contracts with Alamo EMS.  We have 4 medics in service in the county. 

Medic 1 (35M1) is based at Philipstown VAC and covers the Town of Philipstown (Garrison VAC & Philipstown VAc). 

Medic 2 (35M2) is based at Putnam Valley FD Station 2 and covers  the Town of Putnam Valley (Putnam Valley VAC). 

Medic 3 (35M3) is based at Mahopac Station 3 (Crane Rd) and covers the Town of Carmel ( Mahopac FD, Mahopac Falls FD, and Carmel VAC) & the Kent Fire District. 

Medic 4 (35M4) is based at the Patterson FD ( Headquarters) and covers the Towns of Southeast (Brewster FD) ,Patterson (Patterson RS and Putnam Lake FD) and the Lake Carmel section of the Town of Kent (Lake Carmel FD )

Correct me if i am wrong but 4 medics are covering 800 sq miles? What kind of response times does that provide? How long is it taking for a transporting vehicle to arrive? Who contracts for the 4 medics? Is there any input from EMS, or a medical director?

Currently Alamo EMS holds the ALS contract for Put County. The 4 Medics are stationed at strategic points throughout the county with flycars - note, as medics go out of service the closest medic will relocate to ensure equal coverage. From where i sit, ALS response times are great, its the Volunteer response times on one particular end of the county that are atrocious. Often, medics are waiting on scene for 20+ minutes with a Charlie or Delta level call waiting for a transporting unit. As far as i've heard, the County is considering a plan to put in paid BLS units in place on the busier side of the county because the Volunteers cant get out in a timely fashion.

Just out of curiosity--Ed you might know the answer--since Putnam is designated as 40 so are they actually 40-35-M1,2,3,4?

Is the 35 used because it was the next number up in the county (31 Carmel,32 Garrison, 33 P'town, 34 P'valley)

In my opinion--as Cortlandt medic's are 35 medic's and PC medic 2 does go to Westchester on occasion--maybe they should have separated them a bit more??? And of course--like wise

Let's see a call in the Valley that requires 2 medics--try contacting medic 1 or 2--even 35-m1 or 35-m2 -- who will answer?

Sounds petty but in the worlds of NIMS and ICS etc--might just make for a confusing day.

They refer to them as Medic 1/2/3/4, Alamo Medic 1/2/3/4 or Putnam Medic 1/2/3/4...dont know what the confusion is, i've never had any problem identifying who is who...