Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Any News Of YFD's New Arrivals?

48 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any news pertaining to the arrivals of YFD's New Engine's 303, 304, 314 and Squad 311? The latest was that they were to arrive in March 2006. Have they arrived? Are they still at ALF in South Carolina or are they at Campbell Supply in New Jersey? Does anyone know?

Word is they are being picked up next week, should be on the line next month.

final inspection at ALF this week if all goes well they will ship to Campbell within 5 days and be delivered to Yonkers no later than 28 days after arrival at Campbell - I don't see them going in service before the end of May -

The pic looks good nice engines and squad who is going to get the engine without the stang gun (1st on the left) no pre pipe stang. Or maybe not a yonkers rig. Well good luck with them they look great.

Edited by CPAGE

Didn't notice the lack of a Pipe Gun on 1 of the 3 ALF Eagle Pumpers. That would be odd? Does anyone else know about this?

I would assume thge deck gun is not on YET - the 3 Engines are the same spec.

From the pic it looks as if the pipe is not in as the top has no open area for it like the others just something i saw all in all very nice rigs.

The vehicles were viewed at American LaFrance this past week by the department mechanic and Lt. Immich (the guy who places the order)

Seems set for delivery to Yonkers possibly next week

3 Engines, 1 Squad (rescue pumper)

Squad will carry extrication tools making it the 7th Apparatus to carry such

(Res1 L75 70 72 73 74)

To follow, 3 smeal straight sticks

a new tower ladder

a new rescue

largest engine co delivery since 1998 (smeals- 304 307 310 312)

Is the tower ladder in the background of that picture also for Yonkers?

what ever happened to the brand new expeditions you guys had? It seems like you had them and then got rid of them for the excursions after a week. Are they still in service, and what purpose do they serve?

I would presume, based upon some of the dates posted, that Yonkers New Fleet of ALF Eagles (3 Pumpers, 1 Rescue/Pumper) should be in the City, possibly week after next. It will be interesting to see how the Final Lettering and Finishing Touches will look, especially on the New Squad 311 (Rescue/Pumper). Will the Front Grill have SQ (then the American Eagle Embellium) 311 ??? Also curious if the Upper Sides (both Right and Left) between the two Red Strobes have some sort of Lettering (similiar to Yonkers Mask Services Unit and the Current Rescue 1)? Maybe something like "YONKERS FIRE DEPARTMENT" or "YONKERS FIRE RESCUE SQUAD" ? Does anyone have any updates from Campbell Supply on this (Does Campbell Supply do the Lettering/Finishing Touches?)

Are the new rigs in service yet?

Are the new rigs in service yet?

The rigs just have to pump tested and than they can be delivered. Lettering and radios are all done. I believe the Squad rig will have just "SQ 11" on the grill.

Has the Pump Tests been compled by YFD and Campbell Supply yet? Have they arrived in Yonkers yet? Any Photos of the 4 New Rigs with all of the Lettering yet?

Does anyone know what Yonkers paid for Squad 311? It looks like a very well thought-out rig, with lots of custom features, which is unlike most career Depts. in the area.

The Paint Scheme on Squad 11 is much more ellaborate than what Campbell Supply did on 303, 304, and 314. I would presume, but don't know for sure, that Yonkers might have spec'd out Squad 11 similiar to what New York City has for its Squad Units rather than what New Rochelle did on E22, but I may be wrong. Are all 4 New Rigs in Service yet in Yonkers, and what do the men of YFD think of their New Rigs?

The rigs will all be in service by weds. The men are being trained on them until then. So far, everyone seems to like them. Very excited for them to finally be here.

I would presume that Yonkers' new rigs (and Squad 11) were spec'd out based on what Yonkers needs and what the Chief's wanted.

Captain told me tonight that E314 is scheduled to be in service Wednesday. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hearing a lot of poistive feedback and we can't wait to get it going and get rid of the Sutphen.

I would presume that Yonkers' new rigs (and Squad 11) were spec'd out based on what Yonkers needs and what the Chief's wanted.

Captain told me tonight that E314 is scheduled to be in service Wednesday. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hearing a lot of poistive feedback and we can't wait to get it going and get rid of the Sutphen.

what is yonkers doing with their old sutphen?

My best guess would be either make it a spare or junk. Why, you want it?

yes...I would like to know the price because the organization that i volunteer with buys old rigs that can pass service tests and donate them to the south america....if they are not unreasonablly expensive

Edited by bvfdjc316

yes...I would like to know the price because the organization that i volunteer with buys old rigs that can pass service tests and donate them to the south america....if they are not unreasonablly expensive

South America we have towns in this country that can't get a fire engine that is not 20 years old. I think help people is a great thing but let's help our own first. I did not see any other country send fire trucks up last summer to the gulf coast. But they all look to the USA to send help and 5 mins later it is F the US.

Just my 2cents sorry

Chris

South America we have towns in this country that can't get a fire engine that is not 20 years old. I think help people is a great thing but let's help our own first. I did not see any other country send fire trucks up last summer to the gulf coast. But they all look to the USA to send help and 5 mins later it is F the US.

Just my 2cents  sorry

Chris

well Chris...what you said is totally reasonable and logical, however, take this into consideration...fire departments in South and Central America do not have the financial support of their government to purchase, refurbish or even repair their apparatus or buy even used or old equipment and it seems that their plight does not even get noticed by people of the USA that can help them to most and yet one departments serve more people then we could possibly imagine. Fire departments that can not afford new apparatus have their plight heard and have the attention of our government and help is on the way to them. While in Latin America, help is no where in sight.

Now im not against helping fire departments that struggle to protect their residents but i fell that we need to help some departments that dont even have a chance

P.S. they are not only extremly grateful for any help they can get.....they usally name the apparatus or fire house after the person that donated the truck or a fire fighter from the department that truck was from

P.S.S. these donations not only improve their out look on the US but our relationship with them as well to the point were they are helping us stop the illegal drugs from entering the US as well as helping us in the war on terror

Edited by bvfdjc316

Question for the Yonkers gang...

Someone mentioned the deck guns aren't in yet - is this still true?

The reason I ask is that our new rig's gun is still not in, and after speaking to a couple of other departments in the area, they all said the same thing.

Thanks.

Are the new engines the same as the last batch of ALF engines the city purchased or have they made any changes based on experiances with the first batch?

Interesting Question that, I too, would be interested in knowing. Given the fact that Yonkers has been ordering ALF Eagles since they brought in 308 & 309 a few years back, and then adding 313 and then 306 slightly thereafter, this newest batch of ALF Eagles (303, 304, 314), I would presume, would be similiar in nature. Obviously, Squad 311 is much different in its spec, than the others. Also interested to read about the comment/post about the deck guns possibly not being ready on some of the new ALF Eagles (However, I saw the photo of the delivered 314 ALF Eagle, and it appeared as if the Deck Gun was on that one). Can anyone else ellaborate on this?

I would presume, based on the last few posts, that you guys are looking way too into these rigs. They're basically the same as the previous ones, a little bigger with an extra compartment, and a much less cluttered pump panel. The deck guns are on them, and I know 314 should be ready for service Wednesday. I haven't heard anything about when the others will be ready.

Go to another web site with pictures of the other ALF's we have in Yonkers and compare them. I thought this site used to have pictures of all the departments.

I'll try to take some pictures on Tuesday or Wednesday of 314.

And if you stop "presuming", maybe I'll post them!! Then maybe your presumptions will be answered.

Okay

Edited by lfdR1

well Chris...what you said is totally reasonable and logical, however, take this into consideration...fire departments in South and Central America do not have the financial support of their government to purchase, refurbish or even repair their apparatus or buy even used or old equipment and it seems that their plight does not even get noticed by people of the USA that can help them to most and yet one departments serve more people then we could possibly imagine.  Fire departments that can not afford new apparatus have their plight heard and have the attention of our government and help is on the way to them.  While in Latin America, help is no where in sight. 

Not that I want to impede on the topic of Yonker's rigs but I felt I had to respond to this. We have depts here in the US that fall in the same category. They get no financial backing from thier governing agencies simply because there is no money so they too rely on donated equipment. I am sure there are still depts left devistated by Katrina that could use equipment. Let's take care of America first.