Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Turn Of River New Seagrave Engine 64

32 posts in this topic

Looks like Turn Of River (Stamford, CT) has taken delivery of a 2006 Seagrave for Engine 64. Looks good.

http://www.nefirenews.org/ne/TurnOfRiverCTE64new.jpg

(Photo by Dick Bartlett, posted on www.firenews.org)

Hopefully someone from up there will send in detail photos for posting on EMTBravo.com. Or maybe I'll have to take a trip up to shoot it myself, and time it to get Stamford FD's new rearmount truck.

Edited by x635

The old E64 was an early 70s Seagrave that had been refurbished (not sure exactly when) with a

Spartan cab.

PS - Seth, the new rear mount for T2 is now officially done, just awaiting final inspection. Should be in town by late August.

E2 (Spartan/General) is also back in service following accident and body work. However, it is now lettered (in advance) for reserve E11 in preparation for the new HME Silver Fox for E2 due sometime early next year.

Edited by x152

It is nicer looking in person. They were putting hose on it tonight. I was at their firehouse tonight as one of the eleven candidates interviewing for 1 career position.

that truck looks sick in the noroton a i mean chicago style paint sceme!!

does pull double duty as a engine and a tanker?

that truck looks sick in the noroton a i mean chicago style paint sceme!!

Hey! Chicago gets it done! And Seagrave is 'behind the cheddar curtain' (Wisconsin, that is)...

"Chicago Style" sure is better than Stamford's baby blue PD cars.... :o

One Minor Correction, the Spartan/General that is assigned to E2 in Stamford is lettered as E12, which it will be when the new E2 comes in. E11 is I think the unnumbered Reserve used at the Training Academy, this is a white over red Mack CF that previously served as E5 and E1.

I was surprized to see the General yesterday in service as E2, as I had heard that it would not return after being damaged in a colision. I guess that rumor was wrong.

Hey!  Chicago gets it done!  And Seagrave is 'behind the cheddar curtain' (Wisconsin, that is)...

everytruck looks sick in that paint sceme ours are sick chicago is sick bedford, turn of river is sick it just look good on a truck (if i forgot any depts im sry but u got the idea right?)

and stamford does have some black and whites in there pd fleet along with those crappy blue cars

Edited by sr71

Did some digging and found out where the black/red combo came from. In the late 1920s, Chicago purchased 28 Model “A†Fords for their Battalion Chiefs. The roofs of the cars were a tar composition that could not be painted and were left black while the bottoms were painted red. This color scheme has prevailed till today.

So blame it on Henry Ford....who believed that a customer could have his car any color--as long as it was black.

Now, lets get to wheel colors....

Looks like Turn Of River (Stamford, CT) has taken delivery of a 2006 Seagrave for Engine 64. Looks good.

http://www.nefirenews.org/ne/TurnOfRiverCTE64new.jpg

(Photo by Dick Bartlett, posted on www.firenews.org)

Hopefully someone from up there will send in detail photos for posting on EMTBravo.com. Or maybe I'll have to take a trip up to shoot it myself, and time it to get Stamford FD's new rearmount truck.

Seth, my buddy is the captain of this department. He has already told me he wants me to take pics to submit to you. Hopefully we will get together soon so I can take them.

One Minor Correction, the Spartan/General that is assigned to E2 in Stamford is lettered as E12, which it will be when the new E2 comes in. E11 is I think the unnumbered Reserve used at the Training Academy, this is a white over red Mack CF that previously served as E5 and E1.

I was surprized to see the General yesterday in service as E2, as I had heard that it would not return after being damaged in a colision. I guess that rumor was wrong.

Boog- Thanks for the correction................E11....E12 same thing (220, 221....whatever it takes....) is there even a 10 (this week?)

And yes, the General is back......as usual, Twin Lights did a fine job of making her look new again.....

Hey I remember TRFD received a fed grant for apparatus back a year or two ago. I had though it was for a rescue apparatus or did they use the finds to get this truck. At least I thought it was TRFD.

Hey!  Chicago gets it done!  And Seagrave is 'behind the cheddar curtain' (Wisconsin, that is)...

Not to get off the ToR E64 topic, but...

I personally like the Turquoise (that's what the Captain in charge of the fleet calls them) cars because they stand out more in a crowd... the new ones aren't as easy to see in your rearview mirror, between the black color and the low-profile LED lightbars. More and more of the new Black and Whites are going into service, however (as well as more officers being trained on the MDT's that are installed in them).

...and speaking of MDT's, all of the SFRD apparatus now have them, as well as most of the first-due machines in Glenbrook, Belltown, Springdale and Turn-of-River

Edited by 242steve

Here is a link to a picture of Turn-of-River's old rig that last time I checked was delivered to a port in Staten Island. It is still a good rig for use and is being send down to a city in Latin America for continued fire service use.

The new rig looks great.....good luck with it

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/scarsdale/e...53_antique.html

Nice pic, 64 is great. Also the new Rescue 66 is going to be delivered next spring. Sadly it's going to be an HME, but 64 is going to be the prized rig in the fleet now. It's not doubling as a tanker since 68 is still running smooth out of Station 1. Hopefully 64 will be in service by the end of the year as we are still working on the compartments and ordering equipment.

Probably dating myself here, but I remember Dark Green/Light Green Stamford Police Cars & Dark Green/White Stamford Auxiliary Police Cars. Of course back then Turn of River had all Red apparatus.

An interesting trivia not is that I believe the old E62 was the First White over Red rig in Stamford, and the new E62 is the first Black over Red rig here. The berst part about it is that the Boars Head boys have to stop with the Good Humor jokes now.

Edited by BFD182

Wow, a Seagrave and an HME in the same department. That's an odd combination. Sure is a nice rig, though.

And, on the subject of Boars Head......did anyone go so far as to make up a Boars Head logo to put over the department's logo on the door, as they did for the first black/red rig here in "The O.C."? :o

Just remember, Boar's Head trucks have a white roof! Anyone who worked at a grocery store should know that the very top of those truck roofs are white and not all black.

Little trivia for ya.

our rescue is just like the boars head trucks

post-4680-1155356855.jpg

Just remember, Boar's Head trucks have a white roof!  Anyone who worked at a grocery store should know that the very top of those truck roofs are white and not all black.

Little trivia for ya.

Good trivia. Boars Head products are excellent and their trucks are sweet.

Here's our 2006 Smeal custom midmount / Spartan Gladiator Classis LFD 1500 gpm pumper.

Here's our 2006 Smeal / Spartan Gladiator LFD pumper, black over dark red.

post-2893-1155401032.jpg

Nice rig.

Izzy, what is the white box under the light bar? I'm guessing its the euipment to change trafic signals. Am I right or wrong?

I think that it is a high powered like 500 wt sceen light mounted on the front end. I know that engine 109 in Bedford has one as well as tl 40, l51, r75, e167, l2, r20, t5, e257, tl78 and r47, e91 and engine 119 has two of them

those are just a few of them that i know of hand

my companys newest rig has one too on it is called a "brow light" kind of like an eye brow i guess, it is used fir lighting up a scene

glenbrook's 1939 maxim was the first machine w/ a white roof, long ridge's 1978 seagrave was also red w/ a white roof and stamford fire rescue's 1979 pemfab hammerly telesqurt E-5 was red & white. technically long ridge's 1980 chevy stahl rescue had the first black roof even though it was flat black undercoating on the roof of the box so scratches from tree branches wouldn't show. 62 was turn of river's first w/ a white roof and after it was delivered 63's roof was painted white so sta.2 was red & white until 66 was delivered in 1983 & later 64 & 67 were repainted white over red during their refurbs.

i remember those dark & light green stamford pd cars too. got any pics of them?

Edited by X615

I had forgotten about the Black roof on R77. And I didn't know about the old Glenbrook & other Long Ridge rigs. So I stand corrected. I'm not sure that the old E5 can be considered anything over anything, since it was almost a stripe patern of red and white, a strange but interesting looking design, to say the least.

Nice rig.

Izzy, what is the white box under the light bar?  I'm guessing its the euipment to change trafic signals.  Am I right or wrong?

It's an FRC 120v browlight, and it is bright during the day too. A little sunshine for ya LOL. We run a 2 to 3 mile section of Route 8 in CT so its good for incidents up thier since we are first due on the Northbound side and second due for Southbound.