Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

x635: Last Shift As A Probie

28 posts in this topic

Many of you followed my probie year through this board, and Class 03-2005 since 9-12-05.

Well, tonight marks my last shift as a probationary firefighter, and if all goes well, I will walk out the door of Station 2 tommorow as a permanently appointed Hartsdale Firefighter.

Here is my blog entry reflecting on my "probie year":

http://x635.blogspot.com/2006/09/my-last-s...-as-probie.html

Just a question:

Hey Spankie:

Do they call you a Probie because the other firefighters probe you? Just wondering

Congrats and Good luck with everything

KFD236

Seth,

I was happy to be a part of the start of your fire career. I wish you all the fullfillment the fire service can give to you.

While I read your blog, it occurred to me that no probationary firefighter is allowed to become a permenant part of their Company until you have your Probie Dinner! Did you forget to add that in your blog?

Hey Hartsdale FD.... Surf and Turf Dinner on the soon to be ex probie!

just remeber you still have a lot to learn, pay attention to your senior men.

Seth,

continued success in your fireservice career, stay in the books and continue to take classes, I am sure you are an asset to your department! Best of luck.

demps121

Seth

guess who

best of luck I know your training will never let you down-- We saw you strat out as a scared probie and develop into a tremendous asset to the Hartsdale Fire Department. I am glad to have been a small part of the experience.

you have made my experience at the Academy an easy one, it was a pleasure believe me.

Stay in touch with all your other classmates

congratulations

keep in touch with me too

firecapt32

congradulations seth and great job!

Being related to one of the guys you work with and knowing many others, it takes a special person to be able to handle working with them their crazy!

I Also heard that your last day as probie, you almost caught the big one, but I guess it turned out to be nothing.

Congradulations.

Hey Seth,

Congrats and best of luck to you in your career as a Hartsdale FF! I know that this job was a dream come true for you (as it would be to anyone), so congrats and enjoy it brother!

-Mike

SETH!

Congrats! May you enjoy a long and SAFE career with Hartsdale FD! Take it from an old f@rt with43 years in the Volunteer Service----Pay Attention to the older experienced guys! Us oldtimers may not know everything, but we do know quite a bit! HAHA

CONGRATS AND WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK

I thought your always considered "The Probie" until a new probie arrives.

Good luck, now that your in. Remember listen to the older guys and TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN like your life depends on it 'cause it does.

Let me be the first one to "officially" congratulate you (after midnight) on completion of your Probationary period Seth!!!

A short milestone (while possibly one of the most difficult ones), in what is hopefully a long and successful career for you!!!

one down--- a whole career ahead-- now start studying for the promotion exams-- take a few courses at the Training Center-- a few at Montour Falls-- a few at the National Fire Academy- see what happend. get involved words of wisdom to live by--life is too short have fun- dont sweat the small stuff--and believe me it's all small stuff. go to work every day with a positive feeling that today you might made a difference in someones life.

Seth you have made the right choices

Congrats to you and Tim. Firecapt32 is right 'stay involved'.

Get involved with the department and the Union. Appreciate what is given to you and appreciate the work of those who over the years got it for you. And now you begin to work for the Probies to come. Raise the bar guys but Dont walk under it!

Congratulations Seth!

(From another recently ex-probie!)

I finished my Rookie year here in Virginia on August 10!

And should finish getting released as a Driver/Pump Operator tomorrow night.

Good luck and stay safe, brother!

-Chuck Colfax

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunetly, my night didn't go exactly as planned, and I ended up going home sick late in the evening. I'm excited to be off probation (I think!) yet I feel like crap right now. I can't wait 'till I can really celebrate.

As for the probie dinner, I have to wait until when I'm working with enough people from my group simonltaneously. Then it will be a good dinner.

The training, of course I'm always going to do what I can to be the best I can be and contribute to my department's large knowledge and skills base.

And congrats to my brothers from 03-2005, who also recently completed probation!

Edited by x635

Its hard to believe that its been a year already since 03-2005 class started. Congrats to all 37 of you on your first year.

Congrats Seth. Now its just onward and upward and don't take any prisoners.

Take in all you can from the experienced smart guys and mix in some training courses and work on getting up in the ranks.

Tim, same to you brother. Its been nice running into you guys and seeing you come into your own in the career ranks. Even if it was while you were drooling in codes classes. Be safe and go easy on any next batch of probies you'll have under your wings.

Seth, my late congrats to add to all the others!!! Wish you all the best going forward and thank for all you have already given to the rest of us.

Thanks Chip, Firecapt, Demps, ALS and VV

Congrats Seth. look forward to atleast 29 more with you buddy

and Codes C D E F and more Drooling

timmy , Seth you guys were the best desipite drooling in codes. Take the experience and move foward.

keep learning--- one day they will be working for you. of course I will be someplace llike Mertle Beach so dont forget to invite me.

Seth welcome to the best job on earth .ask the seinor men to show you the trickes of the trade stay involved stay alert and stay low.

Edited by THE ROCK 166

Seth welcome to the best job on earth .ask the seinor men to show you the trickes of the trade stay involved stay alert and stay low.