Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Code 3 Collectibles Closes Diecast Forum

24 posts in this topic

It has come to our attention that Code 3 Collectibles has closed for the foreseeable future their popular and at times, conterversial diecast collectibles forum. We hope this is only a temporary action by them, and collectors outrage over this will sway them to reopen their boards at some point in a more moderated format.

Until that time, to fill this large void in the online diecast collectibe community, EMTBravo Network forums ( http://www.emtbravo.net ) will provide a forum section for the discussion of Code 3 and other diecast emergency services collectibles. Since many of EMTBravo's members collected Code 3's and particpated in the Code 3 forums, we felt this was a natural addition to the EMTBravo Network Forums.

If you're not already an registered member of the EMTBravo Network, we invite you to join our 4909 other registered members and take part in our positive and constructive online community. We hope you enjoy and make good use of this new forum section.

As always, we are open to any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas. Feel free to contact us anytime. Also, feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who used the Code 3 boards.

AND....if you like this idea, OR were also a member of the Code 3 forum, please post on here and let me know!

-EMTBravo

EMTBravo Network Information Exchange

http://emtbravo.net/index.php

SRLFD612 from the Code 3 Bulletin Boards here, can't say I didn't see it coming. Hopefully they will re-open with some moderators, or other means of post content control.

Thanks for creating this section Seth!

Pulled this from another board:

Hi Everyone;

First, the suspension of the board had nothing to do with any individual post. It has been a long time coming that the board has just been a place for people to tee off on other members and Code 3 with no consequence for what they say. A certain number of people think it is ok to hide behind their computer screens and either attack others or spread false information with out even checking with me to find out the real answer. In the last month I have had 6 complaints from members to pull posts down where they felt they were being attacked. This is almost the exact situation that forced the suspension of the board years ago when members where attacking each other with personal threats.

So the board will be down until we can find an alternative that allows 100% moderation.

In the meantime if you have a question email me directly at scottschellhase@code3.net.

Thanks

E-mail: scottschellhase@code3.net

I was member number #100 or so on this board. Over the years, the Code 3 Forums became an example of what we did not want to happen here. Some of the nonsense we fight to keep off this board, was allowed to go on at Code 3. We learned from this example and unfortunately Code 3 was brought down by it. When the moderators and administrators run this site, we use the experiences of other forums, good and bad, that we have observed over a long period of time.

Personal opinion, they should have reached out to the more umm, Mature members of the board and let those members be moderators.

Very well said, Truck4.

I also was a longtime member of the Code 3 forum, as well as an avid Code 3 colllector. I made many, many friends through that board, and learned a great deal. There were also considerable "behavorial" issues on that completly unmoderated board, which ultimately annoyed a lot of people away from that forum. Members were allowed to run rampant , and that ultimately destroyed the forum experience.

There were a lot of great people on that forum from around the world. I hope we can build on the good points of that forum, and I hope to share what's going on in the diecast world with some of my Code 3 friends over here. And I hope to see the C3 board reopen one day.

Edited by x635

I'll take a wait and see approach. Pretty much the same thing I have done since day one.

Forgive my total naivety and ignorance (I wasn't a member of the Code 3 board), but am I oversimplifying it by thinking that there were a bunch of troublemakers there that caused the eventual shutdown of the place...and we just invited them all HERE? blink.gif

Forgive my total naivety and ignorance (I wasn't a member of the Code 3 board), but am I oversimplifying it by thinking that there were a bunch of troublemakers there that caused the eventual shutdown of the place...and we just invited them all HERE?  blink.gif

Yes.

However, the difference is....that forum was completly unmoderated, as where here we have a moderator program and work hard in a variety of ways to maintain these forums as a positive and constructive place, despite our own set of "troublemakers".

That forum had a lot of great members as well, whose contributions to this forum and experience with forums would add greatly to the content and discussion here, and those are the ones we hope to attract over.

To reiterate what was said by Truck4, this is never going to become what the Code 3 forum was in the bad ways.

By the way, http://www.fireengines.net has an awesome site dedicated to the emergency services diecast collector, with a forum as well.

Well...good luck with keeping any bad element off of here, and hopefully you won't need much of it! BTW, a few people at firepics.net have posted the link to the new section here, as a few of the Code 3 guys have already signed up over there too.

I am a long time Code 3 member who NEVER posted there because of all of the nonsense going on. I am still a Code 3 member and I am still actively collecting. I am very happy to see a Code 3 forum here and look forward to participating. I don't anticipate any problems here due to the excellent moderation by the EMTBRAVO staff. smile.gif

I enjoyed the Code 3 boards, in spite of its many resident cretins. I was also alarmed when I saw the news that EMTBravo was opening its doors to Code 3 refugees, expecting a flood of dimwits and wannabes choking these forums.

Happily, I now realize that these forums are moderated. smile.gif

Long time Code 3 board member, and "top dog" at the time it shut down. Guess my ID. wink.gif

Plenty of people on other boards who think the "suspension" is permanent and Scott's explanation is bogus. The "doom and gloom" crowd, if you will. I hope it comes back, but if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. Other places to go, and plenty of rumors abound about potential "new players" in the game of die-cast fire apparatus.

Time will tell........

Hi Guys!! I was a long time member of the Code 3 Board also. Unlike Andy with his 6,800+ posts, I only had just shy of 5,200. rolleyes.gif

We weren't all bad over there. Just a select few ruined it for everyone. Oh well, I've been on here before, and just kind of larking around from time to time. I use to have a few pictures floating around here from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Once I get familiar with everything here, you might see a little more of me. I promise Seth, I'll behave here. biggrin.gif

BTW...Seth, what happened to my little Fort Worth Quint picture that use to be under my name? unsure.gif

Peter

Edited by Task Force 7

September 29, 2006 Latest News

OCTOBER NEW RELEASES

On Friday October 6th Code 3 Collector Club Members will be able to place pre-orders on the two new releases that will be shipping by the end of the month. The Club Area, Workshop and Latest News will be updated with photos.

CODE 3 COLLECTIBLES DAY AT PASTIME HOBBIES

For those of you that can make it out to Pastime Hobbies on October 7th in Brookfield, IL, the schedule of events will make it a great day for collectors. Here are the events being planned by Pastime Hobbies:

* Drawing for a $1000 shopping spree for any in stock Code 3 Collectibles product at Pastime Hobbies. Must be present to qualify.

* Announcement of the 2006 1/32 Diamond Plate model. A pre-production sample will be on display.

* Preview of some upcoming 4th quarter releases.

*Scott Schellhase from Code 3 Collectibles will be on hand to share some insights on what is being planned for 2007.

For more information on directions to Pastime Hobbies please see their website at www.pthinc.com.

For those of you that cannot make it to Pastime Hobbies, we will be displaying a few photos of the new 1/32 Diamond Plate pre production model in the Workshop of the Code 3 Collectors Club area on our website on Saturday, October 7th.

BULLETIN BOARD

We were forced this week to suspend the Bulletin Board on the website due to continued neglect of the Posting Guidelines. This action is permanent until we can put into place a 100% moderated board to maintain the integrity of the Posting Guidelines.

Next Update: Friday, October 6, 2006

Code 3 Collectibles

7811 Lemona Ave.

Van Nuys, CA 91405

http://www.code3.net

I am a member of the code 3 boards but i had issues with the dam cookies and trying to get on the forum I would come on from time to time Andy good to see you posting here you have my Email address so keep in touch I will try to limit my posts here @ bravo

Based on the info in What's New this week, I think we've seen the end of the board. They've told us for years that they don't have the time to moderate it full-time, nor did they have the desire to appoint a full-time "babysitter" for it. And, they had a lot more employees at that time than they do now. Now, they say the board won't be reinstated until it can be "100% moderated". I don't see that, unless they go behind the scenes and recruit a few of the better members to do the job. From within the company......I don't see it.

Oh, and for those who are concerned about the "riff-raff" from the C3 board infiltrating this place, I wouldn't worry about it. First of all, how would they find out about it? Second, I know Seth wouldn't want them here in the first place. Even if they did show up, the mods would take care of it.

I sent an email to Scott about making a focus group with invited members and he ended up asking me if I was interested in moderating if infact the forums returned. So, I think they will be back; but, it will be awhile.

smile.gif

Hi Folks,

As one of the "refugees" from the C3 Board, the Old Truckie will be shopping around for a place to find that "kitchen table" attitude and of course, a place to show off my models. I hope that the cream comes to the top someplace.

One-One-Oh to Brooklyn K ... communications breakdown biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It appears Code 3 has "temporarily" reopened the Buy-Sell-Trade forum so people could retreive contact info from previous transactions.

FFMartin, nice to see you here!

Thank God Ken Martin found his way here. I was going to get withdrawal symptoms if I couldn't here about the good old days in Brooklyn anymore.

Now where is Fyreline? Is the Syracuse chief on the air?

To tell you the truth I checked the C3 board a couple of times a day, not so much about the models but more for the discussion. Hopefully the wealth of knowledge that was my draw continues here.

Yes, there were a few JO's on that board. A couple of immature kids who suffered from foot in mouth disease, and obviously now, a thin skinned head of a collectibles company who doesn't like being called out on numerous subjects. You also got a ton of useful knowledge from many people.

You get the right people from certain parts of the country who can do the legwork for the R and D, you can get some quality models made. I'd gladly give up some spare time to be one of those "focus group" types.

But, my advice for Mr. Shellchase is, don't get bent out of shape when your product doesn't satisfy the customer, especially when the quality of the product(IE major mistakes and/or innaccuracies, Seagrave Tiller, anyone??) has taken a major fly attracting dump.

Edited by JBE

Now where is Fyreline? Is the Syracuse chief on the air?

Chief is over on the Firepics.Net forums... wink.gif

I have to admit to being a former member over there and to taking part in some of the shenanigans (Oh well. As they say at 19 Truck, nobody's perfect.) But, I left that behind and I tried to make some amends. I didn't realize that things got worse in the two years since I left. Probably a good thing.

I did make some friends and I did get a few nice rigs out of that board, though.

C'est la vie.

I'm glad that Bravo has welcomed me with open arms.

-Joe DA BUFF!