Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CM36

New Apparatus

51 posts in this topic

cm36 purchase has a 4 dr ford f350 or something similar with a small rescue body on it i know they recently placed engine 240 in service another seagrave to go along with the rest of the seagrave fleet seem's they are happy with them.

A 1994 or 95 Ford F 550 4dr cab EVI light duty rescue. 4WD. Kind of nice, kind of plain.... apparently not big enough for what they want/need at this point.... Replaced a 1984 GMC/E-one non walk through body with monster 4x4.... that thing was a beast! Excited to see the new Seagrave.... Purchase is going to have one of the nicest fleets in Westchester!

I agree with chris498. Purchase will have one of the nicest fleets in the county. I saw the plans for the new Seagrave Rescue. It is very nice. Engine 240 is also a a nice rig. SEAGRAVES..............Can't beat em!

So, anybody have pictures of the new Engine 240 yet? I haven't seen it. :(

WOW!!! That is HOT looking !!! Thanks!

Is it true that Yorktown is going to replace thier mini attack DG795

Yes, it is true. "Ol' Smokey" is going. They are replacing it with the old Chief's Car (4dr Ford pick-up). It is currently being outfitted as a brush truck.

"smokey" is actually one of the last seagrave commercial pieces ever made, and interest was shown for it at the seagrave museum, however this idea died out, im not sure exactly why...as stated, the current ford pickup (2000 F350) is being outfitted with a mini attack attachment that will fit on to a skid in the bed. This will allow it to be moved if necessary, and used as a regular pickup

Buchanan has placed into full service (as of last night 12/11), our 2003 E-One on International chassis Cascade/utility truck. It is available to any department that may need its services. Unlike many other departments, we have an unlimited supply of air. As soon as i can get a decent inventory on the rig, i'll share it with everyone.

Also, we are looking at a mid-January date for the "dry-down" for it, so keep your ears and eyes posted!

BFD1054

From The Journal News 12/24/03 Legal Notices

Bid openings:

2/9/04 Bedford Village - Pumper

1/26/04 Bedford Hills -Tanker/Pumper

2/17/04 Pleasantville - Custom Pumper & Custom Rescue Pumper

The most recent edition of Fire Apparatus Journal, which arrived today, reports that in there are new engines on order for South Salem, Thornwood and Valhalla. Anyone have any more info or conformation on this?

South Salem's has a new engine on order from ALF. It will be on an Eagle Chassis and is expected this spring at some point. This engine may be assigned to E167 a number not used by SSFD since older pumpers were retired in 1986 by the then new E168..... Both older Engines the 1983 ALF (E166) and E168 will be kept. 168 to remain the source engine..... 166 will become second due scene engine. As for Valhalla..... I have seen the 1993 Pierce Lance Pumper (ten man cab with top mounted pump) listed in several magazines as for sale by brokers.... no further info on that though.

Croton Falls is going out to bid for a new engine to replace Engine 148's 1986 Spartan/FMC.

Hawthorne is also going to bid on a new ambulance.

No apparatus stronger than a Seagrave man!

If that's true, why are the two 2001 models we have, have paint peeling, axles shifting, tires rubbing and doors moving off the hingles? Not to mention valves installed backwards and electronics wired wrong?

With those items in mind, and possibly legal actions ensueing, Seagrave is low on my list.

Port Chester is having problems with their new Seagrave. One problem is the pump engaging. At times they have to totally shut down the rig and then restart it. The manufacturer has been trying to repair it but with no luck thus far. I can't believe they are keeping it in service.

goes to show you that Seagraves arent what they use to be.

goes to show you that Seagraves arent what they use to be.

Why do you say that? There are some department's out there who use Seagrave, have no problems, and love the product, in fact, they are repeat customers.

Same goes for all manufacturers. Each of them are all capable, and ALL have put out duds. You can make that general comment about anything nowadays, but the truth of the matter is that all manufacturers and the custom built vehicles they produce have their share of issues. Some vehicles more than others.

This is no different then Ford vs. Chevy.

Please try to substantiate your thoughts with comments more than one line long, especially those comments that are known to brew. The Seagrave vs. KME battle has been fought here before, and it's not neccasry or productive to rehash it. There's another thread on KME's if you'd like to voice your opinion on those. The issue with Seagraves, as well as the benefits, have been discussed on this thread, and if you'd like further information, please read through the old posts. This thread, "New Apparatus", is off topic and long, so it is going to be locked. When hearing or inquiring of a department that is going to be recieiving or has recieved a new apparatus, please check to make sure that thread does not exist, and if it does not, create a new thread to share the information about the delivery.

Thank you.