Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Who Here Has Experienced "Rosanna"

30 posts in this topic

Until tonight, I thought "Rosanna", the old lady who calls from various SoWest and Bronx locations and speaks a mile a minute about the phone compnay being out to get her, among other things, was limited to 60 Control and County PD.

Until she called Hartsdale's desk.

Who else has experienced "Rosanna", the lady, the legend to dispatchers?

I know there are some good stories, and she's been transferred to a lot of different people. I can't believe after all these years, she's still at it strong.

dealt w\ her many times. This past wedensday she called my station five times.

I think she is following you Seth - I haven't heard from her since you left here!!!!

Ah yes...i hear from her once in a while.

every wensday night she calls mamaroneck ems . last time i talk to you she said that the dmv kept her waiting for the phone company for 3 days blink.gif someone need to get that lady and give her some risperdol... rolleyes.gifcool.gif

i'll tell you what i'll record her convo for people that don't know who she is.

you've got to hear in to belive it!!

we once succeeding in getting her to hang up on us.

All she needs is one night in lockup for abusing the 911 system and that crap will stop...

I miss talking to her..... she doen't call anymore. I guess it was Seth she really wanted to talk to.

Man I haven't heard her call the vern in about a year or so.....You can put her on hold and come back 10min later and she is still going.

At least she doesn't call in on 911.

Seth if she calls tonight I'm gonna transfer her to Hartsdale...lol.

All she needs is one night in lockup for abusing the 911 system and that crap will stop...

If this is the person I'm thinking of, she was locked up at least once by Yonkers for aggravated harassment. Unfortunately, due to the glorious Court of Appeals, the statute has been changed by case law and we won't be able to use it against her or other system abusers in the future!

Man I feel left out...I wanna talk to her. biggrin.gif

When she calls, we usally get the probie and tell him the call is a lady wanting info on something.After about 5 min, he gets the point, and just hangs up.She hasnt been heard from in awhile though.

great topic... rosie is a frequent caller to the PFD... few times a month i would say. im probably the only one in my department who lets her go on her rants. I usually just sit in the lounge and put her on speaker for a while. Recently i have learned that she will actually converse with you to some extent if you talk back to her...

id love to meet her one day

JBJ

Yes I have experienced rosanna;s phone calls. The best time was when she called us from our pay phone in the lobby of the fire house. and I got to meet her.

She used to call us all the time. She would leave messages on our machine all the time, but I haven't heard from her in almost a year.

Apparently, There Is A 1:00 In The Morning, Too.

So, let's ask why Seth is up and online at 0110hrs in the morning, when he really should be looking at the back of his eyelids and dreaming about his next trip to LA. (Luckily, and I say this sarcastically, I'm currently on 4 days of no sleep-insomnia so I wasn't sleeping anyways)

Well, it's 0110hrs here in the City Of Hartsdale FD Communications Center (read 0110hrs!), and our business line phone just rang. Guess who it was? Our friend Rosanna! And she went on for 5 seconds about some commisioner in Rye, and I hung up.

I know someone out there did this to me. mad.gifsmile.gif Looking at the "Whos Online" list, and listening to the radio, I have some suspects.

P.S. I'm starting to think this lady used to be a dispatcher, or maybe still is one and is among us. She's way too good at what she does, she knows all the right numbers to call. Hmmmm........

Edited by x635

Hahahahaha she great isn't she???? What was the convo about this time and at this hour??

In the summer of 1996 she was following the MEMS bus around the Village of Mamaroneck on calls, so we called the PD and they actually removed her from the vehicle at gun point. It was pretty funny until the Sgt. came by, said that the officer over reacted and cut her loose. What a shame.

She calls us all the time. We usually ask her what she is wearing and she hangs up. She used to hang out at shopping centers with signs full of writing until she got put away for trespassing.

It must have been about 5 years ago that I got MY one and only call from her. She started by saying how she was almost run over by "A yellow fire truck" ... so still being fairly new to the job, I was concerned. She continued that some mayor was out to get her, at which point I started to become aware that she was a wacko with too much time on her hands. At one point she said that the aforementioned yellow fire truck almost hit her at the four corners in Greenburgh. I quickly told her that she had called the wrong "yellow fire truck fire dept" and that she wanted the Hartsdale FD ... SHE HUNG UP!

Appologies to my brothers in HFD.

It must have been about 5 years ago that I got MY one and only call from her. She started by saying how she was almost run over by "A yellow fire truck" ... so still being fairly new to the job, I was concerned. She continued that some mayor was out to get her, at which point I started to become aware that she was a wacko with too much time on her hands. At one point she said that the aforementioned yellow fire truck almost hit her at the four corners in Greenburgh. I quickly told her that she had called the wrong "yellow fire truck fire dept" and that she wanted the Hartsdale FD ... SHE HUNG UP!

Appologies to my brothers in HFD.

Gez now we are stuck with her.. i thought after leaving County PD i would be safe in the Dale... thanks FFD...

AAAHHH!! The wonderful Ms Roseanne Rabinowitz. I have been talking to her for about 10 years....Hey Seth I think I transferred her to your cell phone once....Yes...it was me. biggrin.gif I have her number if anyone needs it.

haha this is pretty funny, since you have her number we should get everyone on Emtbravo to call her one night. 5000 calls would be pretty funny biggrin.gif

I can vouch for KMM152 having her number. There were a few nights several calls were made to a Pelham Parkway address.

I wonder if she is a EMTBRAVO member? blink.gifohmy.gif

Do we really know who everyone is on this site?

Actually I think every dispatch agency in the Hudson Valley, greater NY metro area has spoken to her...partly my fault...I used to just transfer her randomly at every place I worked...thought others were doing it to me...So Seth, you are welcome...didn't want to leave HFD out of the ballgame.

This is funny crap..... I used to talk to her all the time when I was at Empress - even had her tell ME that I was crazy a few times.......

While I'm sure we've all had our share of nuts and callers that drive us up the wall, I'd say this this lady might have a problem; she's lonely. There are free services that will call lonely and homebound people once a week. So if you've had your fill of Rosanna one night, perhaps transfer her to one of these services instead; just a thought. I am not judging anyone, I too have had several amusing moments b/c of the public but this solution would probably be more fitting of our professions, and from the sound of it better for some of our ears as well?

Edited by nycemt728

While I'm sure we've all had our share of nuts and callers that drive us up the wall, I'd say this this lady might have a problem; she's lonely. There are free services that will call lonely and homebound people once a week. So if you've had your fill of Rosanna one night, perhaps transfer her to one of these services instead; just a thought. I am not judging anyone, I too have had several amusing moments b/c of the public but this solution would probably be more fitting of our professions, and from the sound of it better for some of our ears as well?

I agree with your notion. But, there have been numerous people who have tried to help Rossanna. She is like a mystery, she is very transient and no one can seem to track here down at the same place.

There have been people who have tried to help her, myself included, and it's fruitless. She wants to speak to Fire/EMS/PD dispatchers exclusively, and nothing else.

There is something very mysterious about this whole situation- maybe even her legendary status