Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

x635's Photo Hunt 12-11-06

26 posts in this topic

Today, I went on a photo hunt.

Here are the results:

http://www.x635photos.com/121106PhotoHunt.html

I think there are some things in there that a variety of members on this board would be interested in seeing. There are a lot of shots that didn't make it to the thread, and maybe I will post more here if time allows.

VERY special thanks to LAGRANGEFF40 for helping me to get many of the shots.

I'll be making several more return trips to Dutchess County, the day runs out of light so fast that I couldn't get everywhere I wanted!

If anyone has any questions on the photos, feel free to ask on this thread.

Edited by x635

Millwood's old Mack "B" Model is pictured there...... I've gotta know if the guy will sell it.

I two years ago I bought Gettysburg, PA's old B-85 and if I could find a way to get Millwood's back I would have the two B models from the two departments that I spent the majority of my life running with.

WOW nice shots of the trucks, especially the Macks. Where, exactly, is the location of all those antique trucks? Also, does the collector have any fully restored pieces of apparatus?

Good Job Boys. Great Pictures. Hey Seth You Got New Hackensack's New Tanker. Now All You Need Is Wassaic's New Tanker. Keep It Going Buddy. Keep That Camera Clicking And That Goes For Everyone. Because A Picture Can Tell A Great Story. And I Love Fire Trucks, LOL. Keep The Great Work Up Boys.

Thomas

LAGRANGEFF40 took me by a place in Dutchess County where a fire apparatus collector keeps his collection. He has at least 30 Macks, and dozens of other assorted classic fire apparatus. He just built two huge garages to house and maintain his collection. Although some of it is still outside, a majority of it is inside. He also has a small staff from his other business he uses to help restore and maintain the apparatus.

Although some apparatus appears in poor condition, that's most likely the way he got it. He is working to restore them all or keep them in their current state and from rotting away. His garages were huge and PACKED with apparatus, as well as classic cars and construction trucks...whats outside is overflow.

Some local apparartus include 2 pieces from Rye, Millwood, and Ardsley.

Millwood is probaly the piece that is in the best shape. Many of these pieces come from heavy winter...and salt...towns like Allentown, PA.

It's not open to the general public,nor is anything for sale. And he's always making new aqqusitions- and looking to take the best possible care of his pieces.

It's heaven for a Mack lover though.

Edited by x635

Seth

Thanx for spending some time in Dutchess. It's always a pleasure to spend time with you . It's like the days of probie school . You're always welcome and I'm glad we made that 1 special stop to make the day worth it.

Thanx

4-2 LaGrangeFF40

Great photos! The dalmation truck used to be a sign for the "spotted dog " resteraunt on rt 28 .

Arrow

Wish we knew you were up this way. Great shot of our station, would have brought out the rigs if we knew.

Fantactic shots! I saw an old Oren but couldn't make out the name. Where was it from? There was also an International R model with an overhead ladder rack. I looks like our 1959 International-Oren. I couldn't read the name on the door of that rig either. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

What the hell, man? you can't even take an extra 2 seconds to say hi while you were driving away from my firehouse?!?!? Nice picts of the seagrave though.

What the hell, man? you can't even take an extra 2 seconds to say hi while you were driving away from my firehouse?!?!?  Nice picts of the seagrave though.

Don't feel too bad. He was supposed to meet up with me to hit up a few more depts. in Dutchess, but spent too much time in LaGrange at that collectors place. tongue.gif

Nice work. The New Hackensack tanker is really sharp looking.

Now I wondered where you found all those rigs. GREAT Photos Seth.

Speaking of Sperry Cars, there are Sperry Cars near the Harlem/New Haven and Hudson Line split.

Nice train photos at Croton-Harmon, have you shot the old station yet?

That yellow Seagrave 70th is from Hadley, MA! I recognize the paint scheme.

The Rye Fire Police Patrol Maxim, was that a full pumper?

Is that last one a photo of Sing-Sing Prison?

I'm glad to see the old 106 Truck.

Great photos! When are you coming to CT?

-Joe DA BUFF

Any time you want to do a hunt in Northern fairfield cnty, let me know, we can set it up.

I want that Mack C / Aerialscope!!! Where was the graveyard?

There is a picture of the rear of a truck. It's about 2 or 3 pictures after the Spotted Dog truck. It looks like the hose bed was removed and made into a bench area for people to sit in. It also looks like the canopy was raised. Is/Was this truck a tourist attraction/ride? Anybody know about this truck?

Thanks guys!

Seth, where did you take the shots of the Harmon Yard area? They're great!!!

The red unmarked Ford utility truck (9th photo from top) is that a maintenance vehichle? Is that a fuel pump reel I see on it?

The red unmarked Ford utility truck (9th photo from top) is that a maintenance vehichle? Is that a fuel pump reel I see on it?

I believe that is the fuel/mechanics truck for LaGrange. I know Arlington has one as well, labeled 32-97.

Seth, where did you take the shots of the Harmon Yard area?  They're great!!!

It looks like the overpass that heads into Half Moon Bay.

Red Utility is LaGrange's new Ford F-450 4x4 Fleet Maintenance vehicle, with gasoline and diesel fuel tanks for on scene refueling.

Harmon was taken at Half Moon Bay. Great place for shots, I'm starting to discover more and more!

The "People Mover" is just that. It's a converted ALF Century that's used to transport people around a farm...give rides to the kids...etc. I'll post another photo of it soon.

The two Ford C's with dogs or spots were from the now defunct Spotted Dog resturant in Catskill, NY, by the Kaleidiscope?

Thanks for the compliments on the photos guys....I appreciate it! Any more questions feel free to ask....or if you know the answer, please help out!

I'll be taking several of you up on hunt offers in the spring!

Hey Seth have you ever gotten any pics of the old Ford painted up for Snapple Iced Tea? The rig is parked at Thunder Ridge ski area in Patterson. I saw it there when I went for the haunted house. It looks like it hasent moved in awhile. I hope you can ski though because its parked at the top of the mountain...atleast it was in October.

Hey Nickcabral, the snapple truck I believe is owned by Liberty Paintball Center at the top of the mountain. When I worked there a few years ago it was at the top on one of the fields as a prop.

There is a picture of the rear of a truck. It's about 2 or 3 pictures after the Spotted Dog truck. It looks like the hose bed was removed and made into a bench area for people to sit in. It also looks like the canopy was raised. Is/Was this truck a tourist attraction/ride? Anybody know about this truck?

Thanks guys!

That is an old ALF century series that was owned by Dean Gitter in Mt. Tremper (Catskill Corners) and sold when the "Spotted Dog Firehouse" Restaurant was closed. The original idea was for hayrides/transportation/etc on the grounds of the Emerson hotel (which burned up), Catamount Cafe, and Catskill Corners resort and shop (and worlds largest Kaliedoscope) on Route 28 outside of Phoenicia, NY. The Midmount open cab ladder from Margaretville, the ford/alf painted like a dalmation, and the ford/alf with the dalmation on top of it, as well as an old oren were all acquired by him for use in one way or another. He also acquired a 70th anniversary seagrave open cab, cut the front nose off of it, and made a bar out of it... a goddamn travesty if you ask me... just like the mack c-95 aerialscope, seagrave tiller, and the countless other beautiful pieces rotting away off of traver there...

The old Ford which was painted as a snapple truck is rumored to be the old first line pumper for Hudson Valley Psychiatric Center which was disbanded in the 90s.

Seth I see you stopped by AFD.. did you come in HQ? I was uptown for a little bit... too bad you snapped the old ambulance... the brand new 3272 came in that day and was making rounds. LMK if you're going to be around!

Wait... did someone say Wassaic recieved a new tanker???

Edited by Turborich

Thanks for the info Turborich. Here's another shot of the peoplemover.

It's a 1972 American Lafrance. The serial # was unreadable on the plate in my photo. (I've got to start recording them)

I'll be making several return hunts to Dutchess in the Springtime. It seems I'm only scratching the surface up there.

As far as the Wassaic tanker, I didn't hear they got a new one...I want photos of their current one....I think I saw that it was blue and a Ford C.

[attachmentid=1750]

post-11-1166020666.jpg

Edited by x635

Thanks for the info Turborich. Here's another shot of the peoplemover.

It's a 1972 American Lafrance. The serial # was unreadable on the plate in my photo. (I've got to start recording them)

[attachmentid=1750]

That is a 1000 series ALF, not the Century. Centuries had the "bubble out" over the center of the front wheel well to make more room for the rear riding positions and larger diesel engines