Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HFD201

2007 Code 3 Releases

56 posts in this topic

Ladder 10

post-23-1178417563.jpg

Sneak peak at the July Code 3 release is FDNY Ladder 30 stationed with the May release of FDNY Engine 59. Photos can be seen by members at www.code3.net/fire

Edited by HFD201

Any advanced word what the June release(s) might be? A post earlier this year suggested an ALF Eagle TDA was planned, but so far................

The pics in the workshop are copyrighted, and are only "supposed" to be seen by Club members, hence being where they are. Use caution before posting them here.

I am all about sharing, and am not a paid endorser of Code 3, but:

Pay for a Code 3 membership if you wanna see the pics! (They're quite nice!)

Sneak peak at the July Code 3 release is FDNY Ladder 30 stationed with the May release of FDNY Engine 59. Photos can be seen by members at www.code3.net/fire

30 Truck just celebrated 100 years on the job a few weeks ago if memory serves me correctly smile.gif

Yes, and the model is done up in the Anniversary scheme to reflect that. There was a pic of it (the real one, "dressed up") posted on the main Bravo site some time back.

The FDNY Ladder 30 photo that appeared on that site was one taken by Joe Pinto. I can't seem to find it.

As for the Boston release, another dud repaint. Where's that ALF Tiller that we were promised?

The company seems to be doing as little as they can these days.

7-6-2007 - Friday - A big day for Code 3 Collectors.

Double Release.

Ladder 30 - FDNY

Ladder 25 - Boston

I myself will probably only purchase Ladder 30, however I bought Ladder 25's stable mate, i might get it own down the road.

Whats your pleasure!

I understand using older molds to raise capital, but come on. The reason you're not selling much is most of your clients are waiting for molds talked about but not followed through on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ugh. Another FDNY release. What a surprise. :angry:

The good news for collectors is that soon ALL Code 3's will be highly collectible. This product line will most likely be disappearing in the near future because of what I percieve to be widespread declining interest by collectors in Code 3's monotonous line up (FDNY) and their failure to deliver on some other lines.

Sorry, but I don't believe that there are enough FDNY fanatics to keep things going. If Code 3 doesn't freshen it up

or at least deliver on some previously promised models (900 TDA's), they are doomed, and deservedly so. JMO.

Edited by Stepjam

Ugh. Another FDNY release. What a surprise. :angry:

The good news for collectors is that soon ALL Code 3's will be highly collectible. This product line will most likely be disappearing in the near future because of what I percieve to be widespread declining interest by collectors in Code 3's monotonous line up (FDNY) and their failure to deliver on some other lines.

Sorry, but I don't believe that there are enough FDNY fanatics to keep things going. If Code 3 doesn't freshen it up

or at least deliver on some previously promised models (900 TDA's), they are doomed, and deservedly so. JMO.

That's exactly what a Die-Cast dealer said to me the other day. About Code 3 getting stale. Shame, soon there'll be no top quality 1/64 diecast out there. I have to say, I won't be too worried about Code 3 going under. The rigs were crazily expensive, and to an extent you got your money's worth. But, they didn't branch out enough. Ah well. Just my two cents.

-Joe DA BUFF, who's happy with his collection, but, wouldn't have minded adding a Light Rescue and a Brush Truck. Ah well.

P.S. Stepjam- Well done with your CDF Kitbash. I woulda posted in the original topic, but it was closed. I was very impressed.

If they don't get their quality control issues under control soon, even the FDNY crowd will sour on them sooner or later. I am patient, and can wait for what is supposed to be coming, but if it's messed up when it gets here, then what was the point of waiting? Nowadays, it's like Russian Roulette when you open the box. Is your piece in good shape, or do you need to play another game of "RR" trying to get a refund or exchange. The detail is iffy from one piece to the next, but the quality of years past just isn't there.

I keep hearing talk of other companies that might start dabbling in fire apparatus models. Maybe (hopefully) when they do, it will be the spark that gets Code 3 back in the game. Or, maybe the "new kid on the block" will end up being the only game in town. Time will tell.

An eagle-eyed newcomer to the model fire trucks message board has pointed out that Code 3 seems to have jumped the gun by a few days, and already has product pages in place for what appears to be the August releases.

They are a 1/64 American LaFrance Eagle engine for Buffalo, NY, and FDNY E-7 and L-1. Unfortunately, the only new tooling is the Buffalo engine, and I'm not all that crazy about it.

I believe until the new management company get an idea of exactly what is in the works, these are the kind of releases we will continue to see. As I have more than enough FDNY, I'll only be purchasing the other releases.

I for one, am not a skilled hand a kitbashing, so I am loving the FDNY Releases, Now that is just me, I am not wanting to start a war or anything, because I will be the first to tell you that I would like to see something from Orlando, Chicago or LA as well. I am just simply stating that I love the FDNY trucks, and are very excited about the August releases.

Some of the XXXX disciples are absolutley pissing themselves in delerious rapture over the new releases. Good for them! I've forgotten what it's like to so eagerly anticipate a new C3 release.

On close look at that Buffalo, it looks to me like the details have been cheapened up quite a bit. I won't even go into its accuracy.

As I did not see the photos of the Buffalo rig, I will not comment on it. I know it's sacrilegious, but I have enough FDNY, so unless it is something special, I won't purchase it.

How does Code 3 decide which vehicles they will make and release, and also how many they will release? I mean do you request a vehicle and if it gets enough request they make it?

Edited by ryanmacEMT

How does Code 3 decide which vehicles they will make and release, and also how many they will release? I mean do you request a vehicle and if it gets enough request they make it?

Code 3 at least had a very active R&D section. I know a lot of collectors submit photos to them. But as to how they determine what to replicate, I believe with some notable exceptions, they attempt to go with a unique color scheme, a rich history or something about the department stands out.

If they don't get their quality control issues under control soon, even the FDNY crowd will sour on them sooner or later. I am patient, and can wait for what is supposed to be coming, but if it's messed up when it gets here, then what was the point of waiting? Nowadays, it's like Russian Roulette when you open the box. Is your piece in good shape, or do you need to play another game of "RR" trying to get a refund or exchange. The detail is iffy from one piece to the next, but the quality of years past just isn't there.

I keep hearing talk of other companies that might start dabbling in fire apparatus models. Maybe (hopefully) when they do, it will be the spark that gets Code 3 back in the game. Or, maybe the "new kid on the block" will end up being the only game in town. Time will tell.

I'm already sour on them. But I am hoping things may turn around with the new releases later on this year.

If I were to request code 3 to make a custom model. Does it cost any money? If so how much?

Back in 2001 when we received our Engine I sent them photos of it. I actually spoke with someone and they told me that there needs to be other vehicles that use the same chassis and body style, hence all of the Pierce, Seagraves, etc to make it worth thier time. As far as the paint job they werent too concerned. We have a huge eagle design airbrushed on both sides of our engine which was delivered right after Sept. 11th... Still not interested. I guess its because it doesnt have FDNY, or BFD on it.

Edited by LED138