Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Empress EMS Fleet Updates

11 posts in this topic

Recently, I saw what looks like a brand new Empress Type II van with a Whelen LED lightbar, and all other lights LED as well. Does anyone know what brand the bus is?

Has Empress added any other new vehicles to its fleet?

What are the Yonkers medics currently using? The Ford/Medix boxes or have they been replaced? If so, with what?

Is that Ford/Swab Supervisors truck still in service? I know the supervisors have been using Truck 9, the old Yorktown Flycar, but are there plans for a new supervisors vehicle?

Has Empress added any other new vehicles to its fleet? I'm out of the loop!

I saw that bus today on the CCP at an MVA. Nice rig. And I saw the supervisor's truck out over the weekend, also on the CCP.

MV A-1 has had a 'new' type 2 for a few months now.

I saw on the Medix site a van #503 and a Type III box #55. May be old deliveries by now.

I'm informed by a member of this site who's going to try and get photos that Empress has gone with Ford E-Series/Type II Wheeled Coach Crusader Van

Someone from Empress on here must know more!

I know that unit #27 was a McCoy Miller demo...if that helps. Other than that I have seen a number of ambulances around the city (and at St Joes/Johns) while at work and such. Remember that all the Medix units when first delivered were failing electrically all the time. The lights wouldn't work sometimes and so on...I noticed that most have been converted to LED and wondered if that fixed the problem that came with the original delivery. Also should get some photos of their SOD trailer...was manufactured on Empress site by members.

I feel old now. rolleyes.gif

10 years ago this summer I worked at Empress EMS.

I remember when Unit 20 and 21 were repainted with the new

Empress logo.

Units 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26 were all brand new. I think at the

time 22 went to MV.

52 and 53 were boxes and said "Paramedics" on them.

Unit 39 still around? You could not kill that thing!

Track = ZZZZZZ'sss!

I remember when Trauma74 and I pulled over an Ice Cream Truck

with Lights and Siren because it was like 100 outside on HOT July

night and we wanted some ICE CREAM!

EMPRESS IS A GOOD CREW!!!!

Let's see. For all you old empress people out there, here's what i see when i go there. monday thur thurs.

Unit 27 (gone)

Unit 28(gone)

unit 29, 30, 32 (They might be replaceing it), 33, 35, 36( which is now 603 emergacare, 37, 38, ( still in service)

Medics: 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 (the newest one of the fleet of medics)

Emergacare: 601, 602, 603, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611( The Newest one out of the fleet.)

Emprees new bus: 501, 502 ( they were tac units but are going to be bumb down to reagular ambulance units) 503 (The new Mt vernon unit) 504, 505, 506, 701, 702, 703.

Supervisor car's: 301, Truck 1, Truck 9 (the old opperations supervisor car) and the old yorktown fly car turned supervisor car.

That sum up about all of it.

Actually 52 & 53 were the only 50's that did not have Paramedics written on them. The ALS rigs were 50, 51, 54, 55.

You must also remember Ambulance 10...that truck that wouldn't go more than 25mph on the parkways.

and 53 was the only box with a 2 small star of life's on the back....some buff put them there......no idea who.....

That was Scotty and Mine's Saturday 0530 shuck truck!

In Sptemeber - it will be 13 years since the day I got hired there....Me, Phil Suarez, Joe Billotto, Mike Meyer, Karl Gjertsen, Luis Jimenez........a host of others....

I had so much fun working there - 7 years just flew by! I actually miss it...

It is scary cause a couple of the people I work with at Yonkers 911, used to work at Empress too. They drove a "Cadillac Ambulance", yes, Empress prior to the Minerva's was run out of 90 Livingston Ave...the radio identifier was 2014...fyi!

I can't believe 67 is not in Mt Vernon no mo'...Did anyone put a blue lens on the new bus...cause that is one tradition that should definitely remain!!!!! As well maybe a green pancake light on the dash...just for old times sake...RU911/FAC911

We should plan an ALUMNI Bar-b-q at Cook or Tibbets this summer!!!! That could be pretty cool!

Edited by Oswegowind

and 53 was the only box with a 2 small star of life's on the back....some buff put them there......no idea who.....

Those stars appeared while old 53 was being used as Ground One at Elmwood Hall. At some point they had replaced the four speed transmission with a three speed (or locked out the fouth grear). It wouldn't go over 65. But sometimes you could get it up to 75 going down a hill and pin the cruise control. It would make awful noises trying to maintain that speed!