Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rosenbauer

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever heard of Rosenbauer apparatus? Just wondering what their track record was like. Would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance.

John

Edited by 210

Has anyone ever heard of Rosenbauer apparatus? Just wondering what their track record was like. Would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance.

John

They are very popular out West. Some years back, Rosenbauer, based in Austria and one of the largest European fire apparatus producers, acquired Central States in SD. They are well positioned in the Mid-West & Western states, and have a reputation for well-made and affordable apparatus. I know many guys with the Whitefish, Montana, FD, which has an all-Rosenbauer fleet and they are very happy. Several other FDs in their area also run Rosenbauer apparatus and are pleased.

I beleiev Rosenbauer claims to be the largest fire apparatus manufacturer in the world. As previously said, they're big in Europe and beyond. They've bought up a few manufacturers in the US like Central States and others. We own a pre-Rosenbauer Central Mistake. Man what a POS!! More problems than imaginable. The worst and most relevant here, was finding the rear SCBA seats tearing out of the floor of the HME cab. We went to Rosenbauer and told them about the seats as well as significant body rust that was attributed to primer being put on damp/wet metal. They asked the Chief if these were the only issue with the Cetral truck and said that there was nothing they would do, end of story. Thankfully with some of my online complaing a salesman from HME called and said they may be interested in making the HME issues right. Low and behold HME came through, even though they now produce a whole engine in competetion with Rosenbauer. In the long run, we'll not let a Rosenbauer salesman step foot in the station again. We'd give away this one we have!

We have a one of a kind Rosenbauer, europen cab and all. This was built by Central States fire apparatus. It is by far the worst fire truck I have ever seen. Its a POS to say the least. It is a 2001 apparatus that was out of service last year 198 day`s. If you need further info please PM me and I can tell you the mess the apparatus has caused us. We also have Central states HME Engines and they are not much better.

Stay safe

FTM PTB KTF EGH

Edited by MH0109

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Rosenbauer America is made up of: Central States quickly grew to a company of 230 dedicated employees with 120,000 sq. ft. of production area producing hundreds of units annually. Today, Rosenbauer Central Division produces a full line of apparatus including pumpers, tankers, rescue vehicles, aerials, and specialty vehicles.

In 1995, General Safety formed a partnership with Rosenbauer International, who is headquartered in the town of Linz, Austria. Rosenbauer is also a family owned company, and has been in business for over 130 years. With production sites and/or partnerships in over 14 countries worldwide, Rosenbauer is one of the largest and most respected companies in our field.

In 1998, another partnership was formed with Central States Fire Apparatus of Lyons, South Dakota. While General Safety’s emphasis is still on customized vehicles, the partnership with Central has provided the company with the combined largest product line in the industry.

In 1988, Rob and Pam Kreikemeier founded R.K. Aerials with only three employees and a 5,000 square-foot building. Today, the company employs 80 professionals working in a 40,000 square-foot facility.

The Rosenbauer Aerials Division produces the highest quality aerial ladders and platforms available in mid-mount or rear-mount designs. They offer ladders in 60, 75 and 109 ft. lengths, and platforms in 85 or 104 ft. lengths. Click here to view Rosenbauer Aerials video.

Rosenbauer, as stated by others here, has been around for quite sometime. It is widely added onto chasis from Mercedes Benz, Marigus and other leading European manufacturers of Fire apparatus Chasis in central Europe. Rosenbauer finds itself predomenantly on pumpers, tankers and C.R.A.S.H. rigs. Having done some time with several fire companies in Frankfurt Germany, I can say that it is well built and dependable. The problem that many american fire companies are experiencing with Rosenbauer is that a multitude of manufacturers partake in the making of one apparatus. That usually equated to one hand not knowing what the other is doing. So naturally, a few screws will go amiss, and no one will take the blame for it. The same statement can be used to describe Spartan/ALF/LTI conglomerate. If it takes more that two firms to build a rig, it's going to be a disaster.

I have ssen some of thier demo trucks that they bring to trade shows. They pack them with all sorts of innovative equipment and style and a ton of toys. I hope they are at the NYS Chiefs show this week. They have a large fleet in the Dallas area.

The same statement can be used to describe Spartan/ALF/LTI conglomerate. If it takes more that two firms to build a rig, it's going to be a disaster.

ALF is as sole source as Peirce, Seagrave and E-One. How did you get Spartan in there? Crimson fire apparatus is owned by Spartan Motors. LTI is owned by ALF and all LTI aerials are built at ALF's plant in Ephrata PA. Now if you spec hybrid Spartan/ALF aerial you're the problem not them. By your statement only E-One built most aerials that aren't disasters. And E-One does have a great aerial history with no catastrophic failures. Most of the biggies have bought up previous aerial companies and used their ladders to badge as their own.

BTW who builds transmissions and motors for your preferred apparatus builder?

ALF is as sole source as Peirce, Seagrave and E-One. How did you get Spartan in there? Crimson fire apparatus is owned by Spartan Motors. LTI is owned by ALF and all LTI aerials are built at ALF's plant in Ephrata PA. Now if you spec hybrid Spartan/ALF aerial you're the problem not them. By your statement only E-One built most aerials that aren't disasters. And E-One does have a great aerial history with no catastrophic failures. Most of the biggies have bought up previous aerial companies and used their ladders to badge as their own.

BTW who builds transmissions and motors for your preferred apparatus builder?

Well put. As most have seen it's the fire departments who spec the units not the builders as they are build they way they are told.

Miami-Dade uses several of these 2006 Spartan Evolution/Rosenbeaur Quints and the guys really like them, from what I am told.

[attachmentid=2941]

post-11-1182103077.jpg