Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

August 2007 Bravo Points "Giving Back" Donation: J.I.M.M.Y. Fund

25 posts in this topic

August 2007 Bravo Points "Giving Back" Charity: Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours

Charity Website:

http://www.jimmboy.com

Why We Chose This Charity: Jimmy Boy is the son of James and Gina Arena. Jim Sr.,is a past Chief of the Katonah FD and active member of this forum (ja3kfd). Jimmy Boy passed away of brain cancer in September of 2005 after a long, valiant struggle with the disease. He was 7 years old. His parents, and himself, were tremendously strong, and inspirational in the way they handled themselves. They covered all the bases in fighting this disease, and just when things were looking up, the disease hit again even stronger. Jimmy Boy always had a smile on his face no matter how sick he was, and the Arena's fought to make things not only better for their son, but for every child at WMC. Jimmy Boy was made an honary Westchester County DES Deputy Commisioner. Read more about Jimmy Boy, his family, and his fight at the link above.

From the moment Jimmy was diagnosed, this forum was used as a tool to muster support and communicate about this little boy who's struggle taught us all an unforgettable lesson. The way he brought everyone togehter proved that when we work together, we can accomplish great things, and to value every moment of life.

Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours, Inc. (J.I.M.M.Y.) is an organization that will help children with life threatening diseases and/or injuries residing in Westchester or Putnam County in New York.

We're proud to name Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours our first Bravo Points Donation charity. You can read more about the relationship between Jimmy Boy and this forum by clicking the link below:

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showforum=31

Conversion: 175 Points= $1

How To Donate:

1) Click On The "Donate Points" link on the left.

2) Enter the amount of points you wish to donate

3) Specify in the comments "August 2007 JIMMY"

4) Post how many points you have donated on this thread.

Donations will be recieved through EMTBravo, converted into cash, and a copy of this thread along with the check will be mailed at the end of August. The letter will reconize each member who donated, as well as our sponsor who will be matching each point donated with cash.

August Program Sponsored And Made Possible By:

post-2-1185100337.jpg

http://www.buddylight.com

1750 points

I had but 110, but you have them now.

600 points to J.I.M.M.Y.

Edited by RescueKujo

Edited by KFD236

288 that was all I had.

Seth,

Is there an update on how we're doing? Duane

Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket today. Just found out I had 444 points!

JIMMY has them now!

Good luck.

The donation period has now ended.

We have accumulated enough points from members to meet our maximum donation of $100 (We're financially limited with this program, or else we'd donate more)

We will be either:

A: Donating $100 to the J.I.M.M.Y. Fund

-OR-

B: Purchasing a $100 J.I.M.M.Y. Fund Big Bucks Raffle Ticket. If we win, proceeds would automatically go back to the J.I.M.M.Y. fund.

I'm waiting to hear back from ja3KFD with his preference......

Seth,

It seems to me that either way the fund gets $100, and if we go with plan "B" there's a chance for a bigger donation. So I feel plan "B" is the way to go.

Duane

Whatever you and Jim decide to do is fine. I couldn't think of a better recipient for the first Bravo points Donation.

I've just spoken with Jim, and we'll be purchasing a raffle ticket. Thanks to all members who donated points that allowed us to reach our maximum goal.

The Donation period is now officially CLOSED.

I met with Jim yesterday to buy the ticket on behalf of the members who donated their points to this cause.

The very generous members contributing points, allowing us to reach our maximum donation goal of $100 (please note the conversion rate above wasn't applied) and allowing us to therefore buy a ticket with the hopes of winning and increasing our donation, are the following:

Member Points

Ex-2114 89

LTNRFD 153

waful 7

DOC22 2,050

HFD750 400

wcr20 110

Oswegowind 350

Goose 350

ja3kfd 336

seanc 99

RescueKujo 1,275

ENG47INE 288

KFD236 178

truckie419 271

nickcabral 364

Monty 444

SageVigiles 350

For a grand total of 7,114 points & 17 contributing members.

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone, and apologize if I am! Let me know so I can add you to the above list.

Our ticket number (I asked for a random number) is No. 190. Hopefully we can win the grand prize so we can donate it right back to the J.I.M.M.Y. foundation.

Special thanks to our sponsor, Buddylights,who made this financially possible.

http://www,buddylight.com

Also, funds from the EMTBravo Group Operating & x635 were also used.

Tickets are still avaialble!! Call him at 914-403-1871 to get yours ASAP! Drawing is tommorow (Saturday 8/18) at 7PM.

Don't forget to post to earn your points for our next drive!!!

Seth,

I think we all feel the same way...it's our pleasure to help out such a worthy cause. Duane

Thank You to all that Donated Points enabling another Ticket to be sold!!!!

We really appreciate all your help.

Jim and Gina Arena

Update on the Drawing :

1st Place went too Mrs. Lombardo of Katonah which was 10.000.00 Dollars

2nd Place went too Excesior Garage: of in which Rick and Carl donated back too us 2,500.00

3rd Place went too Mike Mongello from Croton Falls 1,000.00

We sold 197 Tickets out of 300

Thank You to everyone who bought a ticket , as well Thank you for donating your points to allow EMTbravo to purchase a chance as well.