Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Free Movie Theater Admission For Police And Fire?

38 posts in this topic

Do any or all movie theater chains in Westchester still admit local police and firemen for free upon presentation of their shields??

Curious, as going way, way back, the former General Cinema chain which I worked for, did so.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

New Roc City, PD gets in free. White Plains I believe will cost you $1.00(FD,PD) Can't speak for any other theaters.

Edited by firediver55

Its hit or miss with that. When I lived in the city, my family usually didnt get it down there...but when they retired and move up to north westchester, the local theaters usually did (so when i want to see a free movie, i have to drive all the way north, haha) A girl i went to high school with is the manager at one of the theaters up there and she told me that it was getting abused though, so they limited to free passes to only cops and professional firemen.

I can't imagine that being abused b/c thats one well guarded secret, never heard a thing about it. It's a great concept, I wonder how much the theatres ate in tix? Once again however, from the way it was described, EMS is left in the dust as ususal. That part really bugs me but I'm glad someone at some point thought to do this. I wish they would continue it; anyone w/ concrete evidence where it does or does not exist?

I believe the $1 ticket at the City Center is only for movies that have been playing for at least 2 weekends prior to the day that you go...

I can't imagine that being abused b/c thats one well guarded secret, never heard a thing about it. It's a great concept, I wonder how much the theatres ate in tix? Once again however, from the way it was described, EMS is left in the dust as ususal. That part really bugs me but I'm glad someone at some point thought to do this. I wish they would continue it; anyone w/ concrete evidence where it does or does not exist?

DEF. not a secret! (and it def. wont be anymore now that its posted on the site, haha) I heard about it from alot of vollies...if anything, I found that is was the professional side had no clue about it. When I told my father once, he thought i was making it up and was afraid to try :lol: ....

when you go to certain theaters and show them your badge, they'll make you sign a form where you put down information such as your name, department and ID number. When you sign this sheet, you'll be surprised when you see how many people signed it before you!

Around me, there arent many theaters that do it, and i dont like to ask them either...but i know the theater in the cortlandt area (not sure the name of the theaters) in upper westchester takes it (it was also that place that i was told that started to limit the passes).

I do remember after Sept 11 the theater in the Cortlandt Town Center was doing it for FD, PD, and EMS but i think they stopped

Depends on their mood... One night yes,next night no. Eh atleast the train is still free.

The train is nice because when u dont have a pass and 25$ round trip

National Amusements Multiplex Cinemas such as Hawthorne, Cross County, Greenburgh

even the Cortlandt Town Center use to let Police and Firefighters in.

As long as you had ID and signed the clipboard it was cool.

The problem is EVERY Police Officer and Firefighter within a 50 mile radius found out and

it got abused. I think now they will let in the Firefighters or Police Officers in that town but

not many more.

Free movies and EVERYONE has a Badge and ID. LOL! :rolleyes:

I never abused it but it was nice a nice treat once in a while when Tickets are $10.00+ a pop.

Tickets, Soda, Candy, ETC you are looking at $40 night at the movies.

wait the train is free?

Personally, I would rather pay the money than have to put my name, shield, dept. down on any piece of paper. I will pay the money and see my movie in peace.

I believe the $1 ticket at the City Center is only for movies that have been playing for at least 2 weekends prior to the day that you go...

ya you wait two weeks but then it's not sold out and there are less crazy kids hollering at the screen. also if you go during the day they will let the two week thing slide.

wait the train is free?

yep i believe there is a whole discussion about it in one of the forums groups. all you do is discreetly show your shield and they will let ya ride

Back when the hawthorne multiplex was new it use to be free for emergency services. Whitestone in throggs neck is 1$ after two weeks with ID. I've heard White Plains is, but I haven' gotten it. My only request is, stop abusing it!!! Every time we get something cheap or free people start abusing it. Deals in uniform an dpeople start showing up off duty with their family. Deals with ID or badge an dpeople start bringing a half dozen people at a time and lending their shield to friends or family. My advise, use the movie deal on yourself and pay full price for your date, wife, friend, or hangers on. The perk is for us who risk our lives in the service of others.

I try to go out and keep what I do a mystery. That's why I don't (usually) wear an FD or EMS shirt when I go to the movies, restaurants, etc. I also keep my bat suit home with Alfred.

Crap, the secret is out....

Back when the hawthorne multiplex was new it use to be free for emergency services. Whitestone in throggs neck is 1$ after two weeks with ID. I've heard White Plains is, but I haven' gotten it. My only request is, stop abusing it!!! Every time we get something cheap or free people start abusing it. Deals in uniform an dpeople start showing up off duty with their family. Deals with ID or badge an dpeople start bringing a half dozen people at a time and lending their shield to friends or family. My advise, use the movie deal on yourself and pay full price for your date, wife, friend, or hangers on. The perk is for us who risk our lives in the service of others.

We had former members still getting in. Why it is important to get badges and id cards back when people leave or get thrown out.

if the price of admission is too much dont go. pay the fare as was stated most dont do it anymore because of the pos's that abused it. if you dont take the break you cant be accused of screwing it up.

Free train rides seem to be a thing of the past, at least on the Harlem line. Seems the conductors no longer honor an F.D. sheild any longer. I dont even bother anymore.

Free train rides seem to be a thing of the past, at least on the Harlem line. Seems the conductors no longer honor an F.D. sheild any longer. I dont even bother anymore.

Same on the Hudson Line as well. They stopped about 6 months after 9-11. Still see all the MTA people ride for free and take up seats.

National Amusements Multiplex Cinemas such as Hawthorne, Cross County, Greenburgh

even the Cortlandt Town Center use to let Police and Firefighters in.

As long as you had ID and signed the clipboard it was cool.

The problem is EVERY Police Officer and Firefighter within a 50 mile radius found out and

it got abused. I think now they will let in the Firefighters or Police Officers in that town but

not many more.

Free movies and EVERYONE has a Badge and ID. LOL! :rolleyes:

I never abused it but it was nice a nice treat once in a while when Tickets are $10.00+ a pop.

Tickets, Soda, Candy, ETC you are looking at $40 night at the movies.

Not everyone PO. I have never and will never show my ID at the movies. Personally I don't go to the movies. I think it is a rip off. I just wait for the DVD or to come out on CABLE and watch it in my home. There might be a liablitly lurking. If something happens in the MOVIE THEATER and you name is down on clipboard as being PD, somebody may come looking for you. I know that it is a stretch but it could happen. The train is the same way although I always show my ID on the train. It is nice when you are coming home from maybe a "LONG DAY" not to have to run to the ticket counter and just get on the train.

Where are you riding that its 25 a trip? Last time I went to the city it was like 14 round trip.

Cross County Theatre for members of Yonkers Emergency Service. FD/PD/EMS

Personally, I would rather pay the money than have to put my name, shield, dept. down on any piece of paper. I will pay the money and see my movie in peace.

You can say that again. B/C when the sh@t hits the fan who is the frist person they come looking for. Just pay for the movie, just pay for the train ride. Just b/c you have a badge dosen't mean a free ride. I knew somebody that was tinning his way on the train and the VP of Metro North was sitting next to him and saw what was going on.Just say he was not a happy man.

So you are telling me that because you paid for a ticket, if the s@#$ hit the fan you would sit idle and not render aid. I know I would do what I could in the event of an onboard emergency, and I know the conductors know we would take action. It is in our nature to provide help when it is needed, thats why we do what we do. The small courtesy of a free ride is not to much to ask even for the VP of Metro North, it may be his chest I am pumping on one day.

I love all the BITTER FIREMAN on this topic. Don't be mad because LEO's can ride the train for free and maybe see a movie for free. I am sure that you guys aren't paying the FULL PRICE for stuff your getting for the FD.

Also to all the FD guys. All LEO's don't take advantage of discounts. Don't put us all into one. There are good ones and bad ones just LIKE ALL YOU HONEST FIREMAN.

One Eye...

I hear you about the whole free thing. For that matter, why do any of us feel that we should get something for free? Because we supposedly risk our lives every day. C'mon, so do coal miners and crab fisherman. I bet they pay for their movies. Get over yourselves, all you types who feel you are owed something.

Incognito leads to a simpler life BTW...585 is right on.

One Eye...

I hear you about the whole free thing. For that matter, why do any of us feel that we should get something for free? Because we supposedly risk our lives every day. C'mon, so do coal miners and crab fisherman. I bet they pay for their movies. Get over yourselves, all you types who feel you are owed something.

Incognito leads to a simpler life BTW...585 is right on.

Not the guys on the DEADLIEST CATCH. Those guys are now so famous that they can't go anywhere without being noticed. I don't expect it at all. Sometimes it just happens. I got ID the other night out in WP. I was shocked when asked maybe even flattered becaue it was my BDAY and I am older than 30 so whatever. Anyway, my license is where my PD ID is. Soon as he saw the BLUE FLAP that covers my SHIELD he said that is all he needs to see and everyone with me got in for free. I didn't intentionally show him because most of the time I don't get ID. Worked out well I guess.

In that instance would you have paid the cover anyway? BE HONEST I bet everyone would have walked in the door knowing that they can buy an extra round of BREW DOGS.

Just think of all those poor, starving, artists you are stealing from out there. If you keep it up they will have to sell their Gulfstream 4 and downgrade to a Gulfstream 3. That doesnt even have a remote control for it's surround sound dvd system. Still think free loading movies isnt a big deal?

rep to who can name the episode first

So you are telling me that because you paid for a ticket, if the s@#$ hit the fan you would sit idle and not render aid. I know I would do what I could in the event of an onboard emergency, and I know the conductors know we would take action. It is in our nature to provide help when it is needed, thats why we do what we do. The small courtesy of a free ride is not to much to ask even for the VP of Metro North, it may be his chest I am pumping on one day.

Are you rendering first aid or breaking up a fight? What are you and I going to do as Ff.'s when an EDP or a fight breaks out and there is a knife or a gun, and the conductors come looking for us b/c we tinned are way on? He cannot remember if we were a cop or a FF. Now what? I have helped people in the past off duty, I have no problem with that. All I am saying nobody owes us anything just b/c we are Ff.'s. Everybody on this site paid or volunteer do what they do b/c they love it. Yes, cops and Ff.'s and EMS workers (paid or volunteer) put there life on the line everyday. What about all the nurses and doctors, ( you ever see an ER in the Bronx? Talk about putting you life on the line) the Con Ed workers. the list can go on and on. Do they get a free ride too? Before you know it nobody will be paying. These are companies, they are in it to make money. To pay the people that work for them so they can support there familles. Even if you save the VP of Metro North, you are still going to have to pay. Come on now, he needs to pay for his country club and his winter house down in Florida LOL :lol:

I wonder if the Metro North guy pays for tolls or if he uses an orange e-z pass? With his salary, the cash shouldn't be an issue.