Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Firefighter Joseph Graffagnino FDNY LODD 8-18-07

44 posts in this topic

FDNY Announces the Deaths of Firefighters Joseph Graffagnino and Robert Beddia

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta announced on August 18 the deaths of Firefighters Joseph Graffagnino, 33, of Ladder Company 5, and Robert Beddia, 53, of Engine Company 24.

The firefighters were fatally injured while battling a seven-alarm high-rise fire at the former Deutsche Bank building at 130 Liberty Street in lower Manhattan.

The two firefighters became trapped in maze-like conditions on the 14th floor of the building, which is undergoing demolition. They suffered severe smoke inhalation and were taken to NY Downtown Hospital in cardiac arrest where they succumbed to their injuries.

More than 275 firefighters and 70 units responded to the seven-alarm fire, which was reported at 3:36 p.m. and was deemed under control at 10:40 p.m.

The cause of the blaze is under investigation by the Department’s fire marshals.

Firefighter Graffagnino was an eight-year veteran of the FDNY, appointed on May 9, 1999. Firefighter Beddia was a 23-year veteran, appointed on October 24, 1983.

Firefighter Graffagnino and Firefighter Beddia are the 1,136th and 1,137th members of the New York City Fire Department to make the Supreme Sacrifice in the Department's 143-year history.

This is the second time this year the FDNY has suffered a line-of-duty tragedy. On June, 21, 2007, Firefighter Daniel F. Pujdak of Ladder Company 146 died when he fell from the roof of a building in Brooklyn while battling an all-hands fire.

Please post wake and funeral information on this thread when it becomes available, and please post your condolences here so they can be passed along to the family.

R.I.P.

Thoughts and prayers to Firefighter Graffagnino's family, friends and to FDNY on their tragic loss. May he rest in Peace.

RIP Brother Firefighter, My prayers to the Family and Friends of FDNY Firefighter Joseph Graffagnino and Firefighter Robert Beddia

May God keep you and grant you eternal peace. My thoughts and prayers are with the Graffagnino Family and the brothers of the FDNY.

Edited by PFD165

My deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers go out to all of the family and friends of Joseph Graffagnino. Our prayer is that you feel the comfort of the Lord during this most difficult time. RIP Joseph Graffagnino

Rest in peace brother your courage and valor will not be forgotten

IAFF L-273

Thoughts and prayers to Firefighter Graffagnino's family, friends and to FDNY on their tragic loss. May he rest in Peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with both families, and the brothers/sisters throught the dept as they mourne the loss of two more brothers...keep your heads up, we are all with you.

Thoughts and prayers to Firefighter Graffagnino's family and fellow firefighters.

Duane Kuhlow, Jr.

Emergency Medical Dispatcher/EMT

AMR San Diego

Edited by RescueKujo

5-5-5-5

The UFOA mourns the deaths of Firefighters Robert Beddia of Engine 24

and Joseph Graffagnino of Ladder 5.

Wake & Funeral arrangements

FF Joe Graffagnino

Terrgrossi Funeral Home

1305 79th St and 13th Ave

Brooklyn NY (Diker Heights)

Tues 2 - 5 & 7 - 10

Wed 2 - 5 & 7 - 10

Mass Thursday 10 AM St Ephrem

935 Bay Ridge Parkway

aka 75th St

718-833-1555

Burial Greenwood Cemetery

FF Bobby Beddia

Harmon Funeral Home

571 Forest Ave

Staten Island NY 10310

718-442-5056

Wed 2 - 4 & 7 - 9

Thurs 2 - 4 & 7 - 9

Mass Friday 9:30 St Patrick's Cathedral

My deepest condolences to the Graffigno and Beddia families. These two men are truly heroes. Once again my prayers go out to the members of the FDNY.

My sincerest coldolences go to the family of Joe Graffagnino and also to the FDNY.

rest in peace brothers, may your families have the strength needed in this difficult time.

Rest in Peace Brother. My sincerest condolences to the Graffagnino family and the FDNY brothers.

IAFF L-786

Rest in peace brother. You will be missed but never forgotten!

Mike Fitzgerald FF/EMT-I

Horry County Fire/Rescue

Horry County, SC

RIP and may God be with you and your family

My heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and coworkers of FF Graffagnino.

May he rest in peace.

When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work.

~Edward F. Croker

Deepest condolences to the friends, family and brothers of FF Graffagnino.

RIP...God be with the family and friends

may the lord watch over your family and may you rest in peace

RIP Brothers Blessings to their loved ones