Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Notice: Profane Language NOT TOLERATED On This Forum!

74 posts in this topic

What if we are using a quote and there were curses in the quote. Do we get penalized?

Because of this thread I have not cursed in public in a few days. I would like to thank EMT BRAVO for me not cursing and being a better person.

Can we talk about why I stayed up till 4a to watch the Yankees lose? How come on a 1-2 pitch Henn can't throw it outside? Man I am mad, but I didn't curse.

Let me make something clear here. The profanity rule applies to THIS thread too. Anyone who wants to push it, consider youselves warned.

A threat if I ever heard one of a constitutional right of freedom of speech. Careful where we tread brothers.

A threat if I ever heard one of a constitutional right of freedom of speech. Careful where we tread brothers.

Ok, PJreilly, you would have a point, except for one technicality. This as public as it is, is still privately owned. When you register, you are agreeint to ALL rules, regulations, terms and conditions as may be promulgated by the owner. Nobody is forcing you to be a member here, so if you don't like the rules set by the Administrator, you don't have to remain a member.

why is everyone making mountain out of a mole hill? If Seth does not what profane language then so be it. When you signed up for this site you agreed to it's terms and conditions. There is no room for salty lanuage in any posting. Why we are still tring to debate this?

Edited by DOC22

why is everyone making mountain out of a mold hill? If Seth does not what profane language then so be it. When you signed up for this site you agreed to it's terms and conditions. There is no room for salty lanuage in any posting. Why we are still tring to debate this?

Because pentax2839, we are firefighters. We are not normal. You could go to any firehouse in the country spend a little time there and hear the same thing over and over again. We are good at beating a dead horse because we just get to revive it and do it all over again. We just love to push the envelope. We should act as if the EMTBRAVO Admin are Chiefs these are their S.O.P.'s or S.O.G's. We know if you freelance, people get hurt. It is the will of the Admid to do it JUST DO IT. THANK YOU ALL.

Edited by DOC22
Puncation

I think its funny how if you say something remotely profane, you get barred from possibly having valuable input on topics. Its kind of like shooting one's self in the foot, blocking the purpose of the site on account of a few expressions.

I dont see why everyone disagrees with this topic, Seth put alot of time and Money in to this website. I believe if Seth wants a little respect and no profane Language then respect him. With out Seth we would not have this site to share Info and joke around. I know personally that I have recieved alot of info from this site to help with Classes and how other departments operate.

That is just my 2 Cents

So old guy19, because you are firefighter it is alright to use salty language? No it is not. Well, even were I work I like to question higher ups, but that does not mean I break the rules. So why don't you start your own website, were you can say anything you want to. Once again seth, thank you for doing a great job on this website.

Edited by DOC22

NOTICE:

PROFANE LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

From this point forward, any member found using profane language (or something that represents such), using symbols or other characters, to get around the automatic censors, or using vulgar or any other language to insult another member(s), will have their posting privileges immediately suspended for 3 months.

OK, let's be real here.

This is obviously NOT being enforced so WHY have the policy?

Rules apply to Everyone?

From this point forward, any member found using profane language (or something that represents such), using symbols or other characters

Happens everyday!

Okay everyone, look at it this way. This is NOT a site paid for by the government, so therefore the First Amendment DOES NOT APPLY HERE. Seth (EMTBravo) pays ALOT of money per month for us to use this site. If he says no profane language, then NO PROFANE LANGUAGE.

HE WHO PAYS GETS TO MAKE THE RULES.

SORRY IF IT SPOILS ANYONE'S FUN, BUT IF YOU DISAGREE THEN GO OUT AND START YOUR OWN SITE. SETH DOES AN INCREDIBLE JOB KEEPING THIS SITE UP AND RUNNING. COULD EVERYONE THANK HIM FOR EVERYTHING HE DOES????

Edited by 23piraf

What if we are using a quote and there were curses in the quote. Do we get penalized?

Because of this thread I have not cursed in public in a few days. I would like to thank EMT BRAVO for me not cursing and being a better person.

Can we talk about why I stayed up till 4a to watch the Yankees lose? How come on a 1-2 pitch Henn can't throw it outside? Man I am mad, but I didn't curse.

Because as usual thier pitching...well you know

Why don't you ALL LEAVE IT ALONE. RATS. "SETH I SAW THEY CURSED WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT"? BABIES. Hopefully SETH has other things to do then monitor this site 24/7. He does have a job right?

I can't believe this is still going on. This has taken four pages to get the moderators point across. Move on and use this site for something constructive. Just don't curse......

I am gonna give my two cents, I totally agree with Seth. Profanity has no place in a civilied forum. If you can't make a point without a profanity, it shows a lack of moral and vocal aptitude. Or as it was once said, don't use 10 words when you can make your point using 3.

Edited by PC_420