Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Empire State Ambulance Collision Leaves 1 EMT Dead, 1 Injured 11-7-07

80 posts in this topic

My prayers are with the fallen, his family, and ESA as a whole. A speedy recovery to the other Brother injured in the bus.

Wow.. I just found out about this tragic accident. What a shock this is to all. My prayers and deepest sympathy go out to the family and friends of the MOS (Fallen Hero). May the medic have a speedy recovery.. my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the medic as well. To all EMS workers, whether from ESA or any agency, this is a tragedy for all and it hits home for those of us that work as EMS workers or volunteer in agencies. Be safe and remember and prayer for the families (work and home) and friends of all involved, because they are going to need alot of comfort and support from everyone. Again my sincere prayers and deepest sympathy go out to all of you!

R.I.P brother - Prayers go out to all his friends and family. I spoke with him yesterday morning around 12:15 when he needed a Medic to help with a transport, nothing to serious, and he was laughing and joking with me and my partner on the phone. 5 hours later this happens. Very sad. Very Very Sad. He was a great person

R.I.P.

Edited by PC415

Thoughts and prayers to my EMS brothers and Sisters back east. May God watch over all of you and help you through this terrible time.

Duane

God bless you bro!!! You were one heck of a firefighter, just feels like yesterday when we were all taking a class together and joking around... You will be greatly missed- My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, your fiance, Empire, Carmel Fire & Carmel VAC...

You were there for our time of need in the Falls, so we are now here for you buddy!!!

My thoughts and prayers to all involved, especially to the driver who I am sure is going through hell at the moment.

My prayers to both the brothers and the family of both. Even in death he is still helping others. God Bless

My condolences to Matt's family, loved ones and the ESA family on their loss. It is very difficult to lose someone so suddenly without warning. Rest in Peace brother!

To his partner who was driving the bus, I give my prayers and sympathy to. May you find peace in your heart and mind with what was a horrible accident soon.

what a horrible incident, may he rest in peace

If the time comes, EMT Lamb WILL be honored and funeral information will be posted on EMTBravo.com. Some of you have emailed me concerning this, but I don't think it's appropriate until someone notifies me that it is official (and if someone will, that would be appreciated).

Also, if anyone has a photo or photos of him, please email them to me ASAP at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com. Thanks.

Thoughts and prayers are with Paramedic Lamb's family and friends, RIP.

Matthew Lamb Funeral Information and Condolence Thread

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=21392

Please post your condolences in the above thread. Non-verified members can post as well, and the thread will be printed and sent to his family, Empire State Ambulance, and Carmel FD.

I don't want to offend or sound morbid to anyone, I heard that Matt/his family supported Organ Donation, does anyone know how many people benefited from this decision ?

His death is a tragic loss, but many people potentially were given another chance by this donation.

Matt should be remembered for his final life saving effort as well.

My Friend, Stupidity did not cause this.....OVERWORKING THE CREW CAUSED THIS!! I am very familiar with ESA's practices of only staffing ONE BLS unit on the overnights. So now ask yourself, is it possible to "slam" the only overnight crew you have with x amount of jobs back to back to back. Because either some Bum***k Nursing Home or Hospital is too $%-ing LAZY to deal with the patients they have...so what to do- ship them out to wherever as long as the patient becomes someone else's problem!).. and here's the crew going and going without any rest or meal periods...apparently their dispatcher thinks the crew can function like the #*$%-ing ENERGIZER BUNNY That is also a common practice at transcare (trashcare) where I work. DISPATCHERS AND MANAGMENT STAFF MUST REMEMBER THAT EMT'S & PARAMEDICS ARE HUMANS, NOT THE ENERGIZER BUNNY... meaning you should be able to have an adequite meal and rest period!!!

REMEMBER, Sh*t starts at the very top and rolls downhill.

Terrible News, prayers to all involved. Hopefully stupidity did not cause this.

I don't want to offend or sound morbid to anyone, I heard that Matt/his family supported Organ Donation, does anyone know how many people benefited from this decision ?

His death is a tragic loss, but many people potentially were given another chance by this donation.

Matt should be remembered for his final life saving effort as well.

It's not morbid and shouldn't offend anyone. Even in his final hours, Matt continued giving, more of himself literally this time, and embodied the true spirit of a hero!

We may never know exactly how many people benefited from his generosity and selflessness but the fact that he did it speaks volumes about him.

RIP, Matt!