Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Anybody Having Trouble Loading EMTBravo.com?

48 posts in this topic

Members-

In recent weeks, I've personally noticed the EMTBravo.COM (not these forums) has been slow to load, or doesn't even and times out. Yet nobody has notified me that their experiencing the same issues, and I'm wondering if it's just me. It's hit or miss whether I can get the main page to load.

I'm looking into the issue, so please let me know if you're having the same problems on this thread.

Thanks!

-Seth

Its been fine for me ! OK everyday :D

Yea, Im having the same problems too. From time to time it takes a very long time to load, or doesn't load at all, but other times it works really quickly. This is both with firefox and internet explorer

right now at work its fine. somedays it doesnt load at all at work, and I have the same problem at home. either its slow, or doesnt load at all. I have FIOS at home and a cable connection at work.

Its happened to me a few times

This morning I noticed a problem where it wouldn't load the .com page. The .net page loaded perfectly. It was the same problem I emailed you about a couple of weeks ago. The web page just will not load it makes you think your internet connection is bad, but it only happens on your site. As of this afternoon I did not have any problems. Do you do any sort of server updates or backups that would effect it?

Edited by snkbitn

It has happened to me also. I just figured it was the computer I was on or you were tinkering on your end.

Has happened to me multiple times, and everytime i figured it was you tinkering with the site.

Mike

It's been happening to me in Wappingers Falls for about 6-8 weeks (give or take a day) but presumed it had to do with my DNS provider (OpenDNS).

When it does happen, the error is a 500 Server Error. Next time it happens, I'll send you the exact error and possibly the IP address of the destination web server (your site is hosted on about a dozen or so front end servers).

same here ... its hit or miss... i just tried 3 times and on the 3rd time it went threw...

Some days fast, some days slow if at all. Doesn't matter the connection type or IP.

Edited by NJMedic

It's been happening to me lately and it's been on 3 different machines at 2 locations so I'd say it's not me......

Been fine for me with an exception of last night, it balked a bit but then it went through fine, before and after that, no problem.

Several times over the last several days, Bravo.com has failed to load or has loaded slow or has given me an error message. Just now it worked fine. Have not had any problems with Bravo.net.

Same here. I always check .com instead of .net looking for pics. I never thought to look at .net. You have seemed very busy lately so I didnt want to throw more on the pile. It always loads up a few hours later so I play some heroin hero to maintain my other addictions. Thanks for all the hard work.

yeah, some days its fine, but others it's slow/no-go.

Thanks for the feedback, I have an idea what may be causing the issue, and I'll attempt to correct it tommorow.

The only thing that has changed in the past few weeks regarding the main page of EMTBravo.com is the amount of traffic, which has spiked to an all time high. EMTBravo.com has to load (or call for) a lot of syndicated content. When a lot of people are reuqesting EMTBravo.com to load at one time, it causes a slowdown calling for the syndicated content, therefore causing the load to time out.

I think if I clean up some code, and make some adjustments, I'll be able to resolve the issue tommorow. I'll also be taking a look at the server and hosting.

I'll keep everybody updated on this thread, and I'll need further feedback once I make the changes.

Thanks for your patience, and I apologize for this annoyance....

i am also having trouble loading the incident reports along with some pictures.

Its been in and out, some times it loads on the first, somtimes on the second and sometimes on the 15th.

I have experienced some slow loads lately (no I'm not constipated! LoL) I attributed it to heavy site traffic. Most of the times were during probable peak times

the last week or two it has been happening to me. I thought it was just my internet, but I guess its something else.

same here - either its quick (like today) or I can't get to it and go right to .net.

I have IE and cable.

Same as everyone else.....sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I figured it was just busy server issues, or something. Typing the URL to come straight to the board works every time.

Only issue I have with the main Bravo page is the contents are displaced. The feature photo and other photo links are way off to the right, instead of in the middle. Nothing I can't handle, but just thought I'd mention it.

Just tried to log on to the .com page and got the following message:

500 Internal Server Error

The server has encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Bumb

It's happening to me as well. It's slow to load then it wont load at all. User is unavailable.

Yeah, A good deal of the time it is very slow to load, sometimes to the point of timing out.