Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10-Buff-4

Genesis Fans?

17 posts in this topic

Hey. Anybody in EMTBravo land Genesis Fans? I certainly am! After 17 years of hearing Phil Collins solo, I saw Genesis in concert in the 2007 Tour! They were bloody awesome! I'm hooked, I prefer the Phil era as I think he's a better vocalist than Peter Gabriel, but the music from the Peter Gabriel Era is pretty cool too, like "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway."

I especially like "MAMA."

Anybody else?

Just curious!

-Joe DA BUFF

I got a kick out of the Genesis "Illegal Alien" video. Good stuff.

Hell yeah - I didn't get to see this tour, but watched their performance on that televised environmental thing over the summer about 5 times. I saw then in early 80's twice (I think) at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse when I was at Cornell. Great sound for that big a building and a great light show.

A great band with a lasting sound. Very broad range of songs.

Hey. Anybody in EMTBravo land Genesis Fans?

You must be joking... General Electric, nasty boring things, very efficient but no soul to them, unlike the EMD FL... oh wait, you mean the band?! I thought we were talking trains! ;)

I certainly am! After 17 years of hearing Phil Collins solo, I saw Genesis in concert in the 2007 Tour! They were bloody awesome! I'm hooked, I prefer the Phil era as I think he's a better vocalist than Peter Gabriel, but the music from the Peter Gabriel Era is pretty cool too, like "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway."

Oh they're not bad. Phil can sing, Peter can write. I'll stick to Runrig. Great Scottish band, wrap your ears around this... http://www.corestore.org/maymorning.mp3

Mike

My favorite Genesis album is "Selling England by the Pound," followed by "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway." I liked the post-Gabriel stuff in "Wind and Wuthering;" "Duke;" and "Abacab." But that's it. I really can't stand Phil Collins.

Edited by Stepjam

Thanks guys for all your responses. Anybody like "Robbery, Assault, and Battery?"

Just curious. I think that song kinda bridges the gap between Prog Genesis and Pop Genesis.

-Joe DA BUFF

I prefer the Phil era as I think he's a better vocalist than Peter Gabriel, but the music from the Peter Gabriel Era is pretty cool too, like "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway."

Anybody else?

Just curious!

-Joe DA BUFF

Here's both singing Lamb Lies Down.

IMHO Gabriel blows Collins out of the water.

Gabriel

You decide....

C'mon, nobody likes Home By The Sea, or No Son Of Mine?

Hell yeah - I didn't get to see this tour, but watched their performance on that televised environmental thing over the summer about 5 times. I saw then in early 80's twice (I think) at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse when I was at Cornell. Great sound for that big a building and a great light show.

Then 2 of us were there. Go Big Red. And I saw/heard Lamb lies down on Broadway....on Broadway. It was a masterpiece of a concert.

Both Collins and Gabriel have magnificent voices, love them both, but for me, I think Gabriel defines Genesis. They are one of the best bands ever.

OK what was everyone's first concert? Mine was David Bowie, Rise and fall of Ziggie Stardust, 1972 Tower Theatre Philadelphia. Very good.

C'mon, nobody likes Home By The Sea, or No Son Of Mine?

Hey, I like BOTH! Like I said, I spent 17 years listening to Phil before I got into Genesis! My fave may be "Mama" and "Turn It On Again". Although, some of the older stuff is pretty awesome.

The "Old Medley" on the tour was awesome, "I Know What I Like" is good, and of course, like I mentioned before, "Robbery, Assault and Battery" is pretty cool! I'm also trying to get into Eleventh Earl of Mar. I need to find a good cut. LOL.

Here's to PHIL ERA GENESIS, but, also the awesomeness of Peter's Genesis too.

-Joe DA BUFF

OK what was everyone's first concert? Mine was David Bowie, Rise and fall of Ziggie Stardust, 1972 Tower Theatre Philadelphia. Very good.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer....Brain Salad Surgery at MSG in '73. My sister and her boyfriend took me along.

Rockapella, 2004, New Hampshire, Portsmith, a little hole in the wall theater

Emerson, Lake & Palmer....Brain Salad Surgery at MSG in '73. My sister and her boyfriend took me along.

Van Halen "Panama" Tour, 1984, Brendan Bierne Areana, Meadowlands. At the time, there was a rumor going around that they filmed the Panama video during that concert, and after watching the video, I think it was totally possible, they had a ton of extra lights at that concert. I will never forget that concert. I still have the concert shirt from it.

JVC

<-------Always been a Genesis fan, not big on Phil by himself though. I always liked the drummer-vocalist thing...must have been really tough to do!

JVC