Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

CODE RED! (80's TV Show)

28 posts in this topic

CODE RED!

(80's TV Show)

Does anyone remember this TV Show?

CODE RED was on ABC Channel 7 on Sunday nights.

1981 to 1982

Lorne Greene

As "Chief Joe Rorchek" and the young kid who

was a Junior FF "Danny"

post-3-1200055129.jpg

post-3-1200055081.jpg

Here is a YouTube clip of the show:

NO ONE remembers this TV Show?

WOW.... I feel old now. LOL!

:P

I remember watching this, every Sunday night i think for the 2 or so years it was on, wasn't too bad as a firefighting show went

now here's one for you, anyone remember the show High Mountain Rangers?

Was this show set in CA? Or am I thinking of a different fire-related show?

I remember Code Red wasn't the 2 guys the Chief's son's?

INIT915,

Yes, the show was about LAFD Firefighters.

TDC202,

Yes, on the show his two sons were Firefighters. (as seen in the pics)

One worked at the Station with him and the other was a LAFD

Chopper Pilot/Firefighter.

Danny was the JR Firefighter that the Chief had adopted.

Danny was the JR Firefighter that the Chief had adopted.

Danny was played by Adam Rich of Eight is Enough fame...

Andrew Stevens and San Jones (Flash Gordon) played the other 2 sons...

while hokey at times, the show was made to look like an Emmy winner by followon shows like Rescue 77 and LA Firefighters, 2 of the worst shows ever about firefighting.

"Yes, on the show his two sons were Firefighters. (as seen in the pics)

"

Thanks RWC :D

"Yes, on the show his two sons were Firefighters. (as seen in the pics)

"

Thanks RWC :D

Yes I remember that show.

Also Emergency, 240 Robert, etc.

Can anyone ID the member in the bucket of the snorkle. A ballplayer, president, special opp's..............

I remember it, the thing I thought was strange was that the Pilot son was also the Tillerman if the chopper was not needed. It was an all right show, but basically it was Bonanza in a Firehouse instead of a Ranch.

yes i remember it.didn't the rigs in the show say la fire authority ?????? :D:D

Can anyone ID the member in the bucket of the snorkle. A ballplayer, president, special opp's..............

You mean Dennis Haysbert?? AKA Pedro Cerrano of the Cleveland Indians(Major League)

He was actually the tillerman in Truck 1. The Snorkel had the identifier of Wagon 1.

A number of years ago, I wrote a story for an Emergency Fan site, taking John and Roy and pairing them up with an FDNY house in the South Bronx. I started doing a cross over story of E! and Code Red that takes place around the same time as Code Red premeired, about 3 years after Gage and DeSoto get promoted to Captain. Haven't gotten anywhere than a rough draft due to writers block, and work. We'll see where it goes.

The firehouse used in the show was an abandoned LAFD house, and I think the fireboat was the Ralph Peterson, which is now on blocks next to its firehouse in San Pedro.

LA Firefighters, with a changed title to Fire Co. 132 was dreck. Rescue 77 was a joke, as well. I think they both lasted maybe three or four episodes. Funny enough, LA County is now building, planning to build, or has already placed Engine 132 in service. The LA Fire Authority thing was used instead of LAFD, and the recent change(at the time) from the Orange County Fire Dept. to the OCFA.

PS for any of you Charmed fans out there, or your female companions who are, the ambulance used in Rescue 77 makes a few appearances in episodes of Charmed.

I suppose that LA Fire Authority is one of those things like the LCPD that TJ Hooker was in.

LA Firefighters, with a changed title to Fire Co. 132 was dreck. Rescue 77 was a joke, as well. I think they both lasted maybe three or four episodes. Funny enough, LA County is now building, planning to build, or has already placed Engine 132 in service.

Jimmy,

I don't know the exact location, but it is in the Santa Clarita Valley, somewhere around Six Flags Magic Mountain..

I remember it ! Full sized Ford Broncos, also 240 Robert Air , LA Police show with Broncos.

Adam Rich was an Explorer(Jr.FF)

The station was near a long bridge (overpass) seemed ever responce was long in crossing the bridge.

post-23-1200290031.jpg

Wow, talking about old shows, did anyone ever watch "True Blue" the show about NYC's Police Emergency Service Unit, what late 80's? Or what was the Narcotics unit show from Las Vegas, Janet Jackson did the intro song for the show. I think I have the "True Blue" pilot on VHS somewhere and maybe 1 or 2 episodes. I remember it began with a terrorist type incident and a cop shot incident in which the PD Rescue extricated the officers using a truck that the bottom opened up on...did NYPD really have trucks with that feature or do they still?

Wow, talking about old shows, did anyone ever watch "True Blue" the show about NYC's Police Emergency Service Unit, what late 80's? Or what was the Narcotics unit show from Las Vegas, Janet Jackson did the intro song for the show. I think I have the "True Blue" pilot on VHS somewhere and maybe 1 or 2 episodes. I remember it began with a terrorist type incident and a cop shot incident in which the PD Rescue extricated the officers using a truck that the bottom opened up on...did NYPD really have trucks with that feature or do they still?

The ESU Truck they used in True Blue was a Ford chassis with some heavy modifications, and a Swab?? Body Had the armor and what not up front. I looked on Mike Martinelli's site for it, but couldn't find it.

The ESU Truck they used in True Blue was a Ford chassis with some heavy modifications, and a Swab?? Body Had the armor and what not up front. I looked on Mike Martinelli's site for it, but couldn't find it.

Actually, the ESU truck used in "True Blue" was a 1964 GMC/H and H rescue truck that originally served in Union City, then Mahwah N.J. The truck was heavily modified with many features, few of which are found on actual ESU trucks, by Saulsbury. Since the truck is owned by N.B.C., it can still be seen making an occasional appearance on other NYC based TV shows.

(source: Saulsbury Fire Rescue Apparatus 1956-2003 Photo Archive by Joel L. Gebet)

Anyone remember a show TV called H.E.L.P> with FDNY/ NYPD / NYC*EMS all in one house in Harlem.

Here is some info on it. That do not Glenn Scott in the credits he played a FF that got killed on the job in one of the first shows.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0098815/fullcredits#cast

Wow, talking about old shows, did anyone ever watch "True Blue" the show about NYC's Police Emergency Service Unit, what late 80's?

Wow thats a blast from the past! I could only find the stats on the show online nothing further...wouldn't mind checking out the video.

Holy Crap!!!! I thought I was going crazy regarding True Blue!!!! All of my buddies had no clue what I was talking about. Its nice to see that there are other enthusaists about these shows. Anybody have them? BTW, It was also a blast watching the "code red" clip.... Now heres a real mind bender, does anyone remember the Matchbox "Code Red" edition?

Actually, the ESU truck used in "True Blue" was a 1964 GMC/H and H rescue truck that originally served in Union City, then Mahwah N.J. The truck was heavily modified with many features, few of which are found on actual ESU trucks, by Saulsbury. Since the truck is owned by N.B.C., it can still be seen making an occasional appearance on other NYC based TV shows.

(source: Saulsbury Fire Rescue Apparatus 1956-2003 Photo Archive by Joel L. Gebet)

Thank you for the clarification. I went looking for it and couldn't find it.

I am going to look for the video...then I will try to upload it in some part to Youtube under a code name which I will release here...

This is regarding True Blue.

While hard at work last night... :P

I watched an old episode of CODE RED.

I noticed all of the Fire Apparatus including Helmets and Turnout Gear

ALL said LAFD and not Fire Authority as mentioned.

That must have been another show?

CODE RED was without a doubt LA County Fire.

Code Red was LAFD, not County.

Rescue 77 was the fictional LA Fire Authority.

Or what was the Narcotics unit show from Las Vegas, Janet Jackson did the intro song for the show.

I believe it was called "Bad Boys". They were all undercovers and would do drug raids in masks to hide their identities. I recall it being a good show. Agree that Rescue 77 was crap. The only good part of the show was the rave-like music they seemed to always played during responses. Who can recall the dude doing the handstand on the defib paddles to stay out of the standing water in the manhole (which in reality probably would have gone BOOM from methane).

I miss the likes of Code Red and True Blue. Anyone know if they are available on video anywhere?