Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Exterior Firehouse/EMS Station Christmas Decorations?

26 posts in this topic

I am curious....does anyone in the area actually do a decent job of decorating the firehouse for Christmas?

Most of the ones I am used to seeing just have some lights slapped up seemingly without any thought......Maybe I am missing something...anybody do a decent, cool, or unique thing while decorating for X-Mas at their firehouse or EMS station?

Most of the firehouses near where I work in NJ do lights outlining the bay doors and regular doors and windows. I know of a firehouse in Wall Twp., NJ that displayed a Christmas and Hanukkah scene outside and then the ACLU sued the town on the grounds that since the department is a governmental agency, religious decorations violate the separation of church and state; after that, a lot of departments shy away from things of that nature, at least in NJ, and stick to the lights. Personally, I think it's BS, but a lot of the departments that I've seen down here do really nice jobs with the lights and such.

I know of a firehouse in Wall Twp., NJ that displayed a Christmas and Hanukkah scene outside and then the ACLU sued the town on the grounds that since the department is a governmental agency, religious decorations violate the separation of church and state.....

That's even more the reason to do it! The hell with these left wing liberal commies. (Should I say what I really think of them?) This year there's a school in NJ that's not letting the "holiday" chorus sing Christmas or Hanakkah songs. ](*,)

What's next? Remove the holidays from the calander? Sue Hallmark for selling Christmas cards? Sue Webster for having words with religious meaning in the dictionary? Hell, why not? There already taking the pledge of this great nation out of schools. Let's just do away with the Declaration of Independence because of it too and change this nation's history(I know it's been tried)!

Rant off

Apparently none of you have ever driven by Washington Eng. Firehouse in Croton!!!!!!!!

Yeah, its almost time to make the Griswald's blush!!

:roll:

I dont know about that...That may be impossible...

Amen Truck6018..... We live in a nation that is being corrupted by leftest views. They want us to be completely steril and free of anything that could possibly be different or offensive than what anyone else thinks or wants.... It'll be ok to go to church... Just don't tell anyone that you are going because they might get offended. Celebrate a religious holiday... Sure thing just don't tell anyone about it. I like pepsi but don't tell anyone because the RC Cola drinkers might be offended and protest against me.

I'm going to replace the push bar on the flycars with a Menorah, the LED lightbars with twinkling green and red lights, and make the siren play jingle bells. See if anyone gets pissy with THAT.

When responding to calls on the fire truck play jingle bells with the air horns ...

I'm VERY suprised that no one really complains about the Santa run on the fire trucks...or do they?

Probably because Santa isn't really a religious figure. Which makes you wonder what people have against christmas trees and lights.

I'm VERY suprised that no one really complains about the Santa run on the fire trucks...or do they?

To my knowledge, we've never had complaints about Santa. We have had complaints about using lights and sirens for non-emergency purposes when driving Santa around.

I'm going to replace the push bar on the flycars with a Menorah, the LED lightbars with twinkling green and red lights, and make the siren play jingle bells. See if anyone gets pissy with THAT.

Make sure you on Medic 2 when you do that.

Truck 6018 is right, it is more of a reason to decorate the firehouse. It's really stupid to tell the fire department that they can't decorate; in some towns, the firehouse is right on "Main Street," and decorating it for the holidays adds to the community's look. My EMS Squad is close to the fire district on the north side of my town; we put wreaths on the front of the trucks, we blast holiday music out of the PA system on our off time, and Santa Claus rides the Rescue Pumper every Christmas Eve. Things like that add a really nice touch to the holidays and interfering with it on some stupid legal basis just kills the whole mood.

Make sure you on Medic 2 when you do that.

Gosh. I haven't worked Medic2 in ages. I might have to switch with Don on Thursdays and stop in for some redecoration. :->

Anybody who knows Croton; Washington Eng will be competing with the house one block down the street from us (N. Riversode Ave and Farrington Rd.) For the best decorations in the village. We should have air 1 do a fly-by to be the judge. Go Big House!

I happen to like the colored christmas lights that Washington Engine puts on the front of E119 every year...very cool!

We don't go to crazy, but we do some decorating. We have a tree on the meeting room floor, lights all around inside & out & wreaths above the bay doors. I definately think its cool to bring the holiday spirit around the firehouses/ems stations.

We have the tree in the meeting room and a couple wreaths one on the front and one on the side facing route 22. Simple but ok.

I live right across the street from my firehouse so im always keeping up on the place.(don't have far to go in the middle of the night :-P ) we have a tree all lit up downstairs and we usually put colored lights around the trim of the garage doors over here at Washington E&H. We also have a wreath and a red bow for the grille on E-64.

we go all out on our engines, but not as in depth with the building itself, and as for jingle bells and holiday music, isnt that what we have private firegrounds for?

Come look at the Ardsley firehouse and see what me and my friends did.

In Bedford Hills we have a huge 12ft tall air-blown snowman geeting people at the front door which is facing towards downtown bedford hills. Also, the tree in the parking lot is decorated with multi-color lights.

Apparently none of you have ever driven by Washington Eng. Firehouse in Croton!!!!!!!!

I passed by Washington Engine at 0300hrs this AM, as of then there appeared to be NO XMas decorations....were they turned off or not there yet???

They're not up yet. I'm still waiting for the concrete work out front to be finished - sadly I think it may be after the holidays....

Unless we get out there this weekend, there is almost no point. Roudhead, DMA, you down?

Pleasantville paints its bay doors at HQ, with different pictures every year. Rescue 47 usually gets a wreath on the front, in fact it can be seen in the photos taken by Pville 2372 at the extrication call. That and lights on the old boot rails on X-maas eve for Santa.

is someone going to post pictures of the firehouses that were had some holiday decorations on them?