Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

Yonkers Fire Department Jobs from 80's on ..............

258 posts in this topic

Great shots! I remember seeing companies in my neighborhood I had never seen before! Continue the great work R1 SmokeEater! Looking forward to more great shots!

another pic from Leighton........

Thought I would mention that the guy with no helmet in this pic is Assistant Chief Vinny Muller. A great Chief and a true gentleman. He was killed while walking his dog in Tibbetts Park by a hit and run driver. Subsequently, an off duty NYPD Officer was convicted of tampering with evidence for disposing of his car by cutting it up and hiding it in a relatives attic upstate. Neither he not anyone else was actually able to be convicted for the real crime, but many of us feel we know who did it.

I got to know Vinny while assigned to E-303 as a Firefighter in early 90's which is where Batt-1 rides out of.

BTW, these were the short lived days of the yellow turnout coats.

M' Ave likes this

A few from 2-24-91 : Convent Ave @ Voss, a 2nd alarm in a 3-story frame....................

post-182-1216846309.jpg

And last. A pic of one of my favorite "Engine" guys !!........................

post-182-1216846835.jpg

January 7, 1991. VCPA @ Carroll St. - a 3rd Alarm in a 2-1/2 story frame with a civilian (child) fatality........

post-182-1218044013.jpg

9-27-90 Lamartine Ave. @ Ravine - 2-1/2 story frame with extension to Exposure #4 ....................

post-182-1220128853.jpg

Oldie- Unknown date/location (possibly SMRR or Nep)...............

post-182-1223584077.jpg

As promised to R1SE, here are a few pics that I took during my tenure with Empress throughout the 90's....

The pic above, and the next bunch are of a multi alarm job on Mulberry Street. There was a rediculous amount of fire here, involving several buildings. YPD was first there and "REALLY think they might need a scond alarm here!" I was Tommy Sal's driver that day.

img014.jpg