Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

Yonkers Fire Department Jobs from 80's on ..............

258 posts in this topic

I was in awe watching these guys climb up onto that roof to open it up.....spider men!

img073.jpg

Occupied School Bus vs parked cars....Plamer Ave. My unit was first due....

img075.jpg

Another fire..........down by the train station......

img079.jpg

Another favorite of mine - also used by Aerialscope for their website

img007.jpg

What is it with the air in Yonkers - the smoke again, banked down to street level!

img083.jpg

Edited by x129K

Ahhhhh.the school fire on Seymor Street (?) I didnt get too many because I had to be to ork at Empress, and the YPD were VERY difficult here....

img085.jpg

Edited by x129K

Awesome shots everyone. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming

img091-1.jpg

-Elm St. Job in a Hardware store..................

Nice shots, I have more to post too soon !

-Elm St. Job in a Hardware store..................

Nice shots, I have more to post too soon !

Did I get you in any of my shots? :P

Thanks that was great, love the lite blue work shirts back in the days.

-R, Yea, but u have to admit they were hard to keep clean !!

Did I get you in any of my shots? :P

That was a bit freaky...I was the Capt. on L-71 for the Linden St. Job and the Mulberry Street job, and the original Squad-1 for the trooper car, as well as the job on Schroeder St., and I was the Capt. for the hardware store job on Elm St.- at that one R1Smokeeater (my lil'buddy) got me untangled from a bunch of wires and crap that my mask got caught up in as I watched the fire that we had passed get larger and larger...the Linden St. job I didn't feel like Spiderman but rather a scared little kid- I was following around an awesome senior man who was a bit more comfortable walking a steeply pitched roof in crappy visibility than I was...thanks for bringing back some good memories...I'm looking forward to being a company officer again soon... :huh:

That was a bit freaky...I was the Capt. on L-71 for the Linden St. Job and the Mulberry Street job, and the original Squad-1 for the trooper car, as well as the job on Schroeder St., and I was the Capt. for the hardware store job on Elm St.- at that one R1Smokeeater (my lil'buddy) got me untangled from a bunch of wires and crap that my mask got caught up in as I watched the fire that we had passed get larger and larger...the Linden St. job I didn't feel like Spiderman but rather a scared little kid- I was following around an awesome senior man who was a bit more comfortable walking a steeply pitched roof in crappy visibility than I was...thanks for bringing back some good memories...I'm looking forward to being a company officer again soon... :huh:

Weird.....wow...

I still have the pics of a magnesium fire on Saw Mill River Road from 94-95, plus some others....