Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

Yonkers Fire Department Jobs from 80's on ..............

258 posts in this topic

The picture of 309's on the top right, was that Engine 302 next to it? I believe they moved there in 1980.

The picture of 309's on the top right, was that Engine 302 next to it? I believe they moved there in 1980.

The other rig is Ladder 72. My Dad is riding the engine in this pic- Officer seat.

x129K likes this

The other rig is Ladder 72. My Dad is riding the engine in this pic- Officer seat.

Nice. Does anybody know when that was taken? '83?

Actually, the rig next to Engine 309, in the photo above is Spare Engine 315 (old Mack CF). This spare rig might have been there because there was either no spare ladders available for 72 to use OR Spare 315 was being housed at Station 9 at that time. Great photography of both rigs with their running and emergency lights on!!!

Edited by 61MACKBR1
sfrd18 likes this

What happened to all the other apparatus photos that used to be in this thread?

What happened to all the other apparatus photos that used to be in this thread?

There used to be a really GREAT web site called "onthejobny.com" that Mike Martinelli, (aka "TRUCK 4") had on the net for awhile a few years ago. At one Holiday Season, he had posted photos that he had from both Yonkers and Mount Vernon Fire Departments from back in the 1960's and 1970's, were were nothing short of CLASSICS. (Maybe he can get that site going again)

sfrd18 likes this

There used to be a really GREAT web site called "onthejobny.com" that Mike Martinelli, (aka "TRUCK 4") had on the net for awhile a few years ago. At one Holiday Season, he had posted photos that he had from both Yonkers and Mount Vernon Fire Departments from back in the 1960's and 1970's, were were nothing short of CLASSICS. (Maybe he can get that site going again)

You're confusing 2 different websites..............Mike Martinelli (Hackensack, NJ FD) still runs FDNYTrucks.com.................Mike Messar (Yonkers PD) used to run Onthejobny.com.

x129K likes this

You're confusing 2 different websites..............Mike Martinelli (Hackensack, NJ FD) still runs FDNYTrucks.com.................Mike Messar (Yonkers PD) used to run Onthejobny.com.

You are absolutely correct (I stand corrected). I meant, Mike Messar's "onthejobny/com" web site

You are absolutely correct (I stand corrected). I meant, Mike Messar's "onthejobny/com" web site

Yeah, I miss that site myself. A ton of great pictures.