Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfmuller

Village of Wappingers (Dutchess) 5/11/08 Bethel Church Photos

28 posts in this topic

My Photos from the scene, by the amount of cameras around I would venture to guess there will be more.

post-4165-1210505610.jpg

post-4165-1210505625.jpg

post-4165-1210505633.jpg

post-4165-1210505640.jpg

post-4165-1210530400.jpg

post-4165-1210505649.jpg

post-4165-1210505659.jpg

post-4165-1210505670.jpg

post-4165-1210505681.jpg

Around the corner from the fire a few weeks ago.

post-4165-1210505699.jpg

post-4165-1210529544.jpg

post-4165-1210505707.jpg

The old church suffered some heat damage.

post-4165-1210505715.jpg

Edit: Had a dupe and missed photo of 6245, also added one more heavy fire.

Edited by jfmuller

Nice photos.

was this a new church or was it under renovation

Brand new construction next to existing church.

was this a new church or was it under renovation

It hadn't even been completed yet. From what I heard they hadn't even put the dry wall up yet. It was basically empty, so luckily there wasn't much of a fire load in the building.

Edited by NB514

Everyone one get prepared. If this turns out to be arson it's going to turn into Tawana Brawley all over again!

Here comes Rev. Al

God called, He says He liked the old one better. Sorry for the confusion.

Bad taste, I know. My apologies. Hopefully everything gets covered by insurance. I'm curious to find out what the cause was.

Everyone one get prepared. If this turns out to be arson it's going to turn into Tawana Burley all over again!

Here comes Rev. Al

Wasn't it Tawana Brawley?

Thats besides the point. Awesome photos. Looks like one helluva fire. Glad no one for hurt.

why did mobile life just get called to the scene?

Everyone one get prepared. If this turns out to be arson it's going to turn into Tawana Burley all over again!

Here comes Rev. Al

I would hope that this wouldn't happen..... They are a respected church in the local community and as one firefighter said to me this morning..... "It's sad, they are good people and it's too bad that this had to happen after all the work they put into this...." And I agree......

Edited by Photounit

MLSS was called back because an excavator is on the scene.

Wasn't it Tawana Brawley?

Thats besides the point. Awesome photos. Looks like one helluva fire. Glad no one for hurt.

Yeah, my bad. I always forget the correct spelling

Yeah, my bad. I always forget the correct spelling

Haha, besides, was just bustin' chops. Don't want to hurt anyones feelings. Some people on here are likely to take offense if corrected.

Wow that looks like it made for a very long night.

Nice to see 62-45 getting a little action.

very nice pics hope we get to see more and hope the fid team finds the cause

The FID team is still on the scene investigating at this time

wow some fire. Hope everyone was alright. Any injuries ? Great job guys. STAY SAFE

Nice shots John...... Here's some that I took...... This was one of those incidents where NOTHING was going to save the fire building. They did a great job in protecting all the exposeures....

294289096_YKRjJ-L.jpg

One of my first shots...... This was taken at 5:49 AM..... I know it didn't take me 19 minutes from time of M/A dispatch to get on-scene.... I was hearing reports of collapse as I was leaving my driveway..... Unfortunately there's no exif data in your shots John so I can't compare the times.....

294290005_oSSpc-L.jpg

Upon the first Chief Officers arrival, the building was completely involved. The building was already collapsed except for the front and steeple upon my arrival. In addition to the fire itself, they had numerous major exposure problems one being the church that this was going to replace...... The new church when completed reportedly was going to be 17,000 Sq ft and cost $9 million - Could this be correct????..... And there's that JetPhoto Guy..... In the way again!!!!!!! :lol:

294290923_JQ5iL-L.jpg

The Village of Fishkill's F.A.S.T. team arrives on the scene as master streams from all directions hit the fire....

294291592_QEx2m-L.jpg

Village of Wappingers Engine 68-12 operates at the front of the building under the control of Past Chief Dave Alfonso and Engineer Kevin Delehanty.

294293367_7zWvF-L.jpg

The steeple collapses due to the combination of fire consumption and the constant pummeling of master streams.

Edited by Photounit

294291592_QEx2m-L.jpg

Who dat on the deck gun? The best Fya Fyta eva?????? :P

In the original post it says plywood was up...but in the pics it sure does look like some type of cheap press board...

294294017_AwXFU-L.jpg

Rombout's 62-45 operated at the front of the building.

294293586_yYWvH-L.jpg

Daylight pokes though the smoke and forms a halo as 62-45 hits the fire from above.....

294294308_sqzcD-L.jpg

New Hamburg 53-11 opeates on Prospect St. across from the fire building supplying a 5" feed line to the scene....

294288150_LzzoN-L.jpg

A wide view from the front....

294288634_65K9g-L.jpg

And a wide view from the side.....

Edited by Photounit

In the original post it says plywood was up...but in the pics it sure does look like some type of cheap press board...

All I ever saw as I drove past it recently was the cheap press board.... If they used plywood, I never saw any.....

That stuff burns real fast...I think I have read about other fires on here where that stuff was used...maybe 1 in Mohegan off of Oregon Rd/Westbrook Dr...and maybe those fires in Peekskill years ago at Fire ahem Forest View estates? But, it is much more inexpensive to use since the builder ain't gonna live there!

That stuff burns real fast...I think I have read about other fires on here where that stuff was used...maybe 1 in Mohegan off of Oregon Rd/Westbrook Dr...and maybe those fires in Peekskill years ago at Fire ahem Forest View estates? But, it is much more inexpensive to use since the builder ain't gonna live there!

Yeah, I see a lot of new houses being built with tat stuff being used as flooring. Scarey stuff. Talk about how fast the truss oofs can go, look out for this crap!!!!!

One of my first shots...... This was taken at 5:49 AM..... I know it didn't take me 19 minutes from time of M/A dispatch to get on-scene.... I was hearing reports of collapse as I was leaving my driveway..... Unfortunately there's no exif data in your shots John so I can't compare the times.....

The photo before I saw you and after I passed you were stamped at 05:41 and 05:45, (6812 from the same angle as your first shot, and the other the house from a few weeks ago above) looking at my camera I'm 2 minutes shy of an atomic clock and also my computer, so I'd venture to guess you're off by about 5 minutes.

Also I stand corrected it was OSB not Plywood.

The building skin is Oriented strand board or OSB,

It is composed of fibers of wood glued in random patterns

I think the Dept's involved did a good job with what they faced on arrival and the most important thing was everyone went home safe ..............