Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers FD New Mobile Command Center

14 posts in this topic

Yonkers FD has recieved their new Mobile Command Center.

Photo by and courtesy of Joe Pinto

post-11-1211238906.jpg

Photo by and courtesy of Joe Pinto

Thanks again, it's refreshing to me about a department that's honest and proud of their new deliveries, instead of trying to keep it a "top secret" like some other departments do. Kudos to YFD on their confidence and on another well thought out,equipped, and needed apparatus! I'm sure we'll start seeing it at incidents soon!

Specs:

Freightliner M2-106 chassis with walk through cab, MB330HP, 35,000 lb. GVWR, 36’6” OA

length,

BUILDER: MBF Industries

http://www.mbfindustries.com/home/index.php

(3) slide outs,

20KW generator,

(4) A/C units with ducted ceiling,

(4) forward workstations,

Galley,

(1) equipment rack

Conference table to seat (8), additional bench seating,

42”plasma with Smartboard

(2) 32” LCD,

42’ mast system,

TracStar sat. system,

DSS, emergency Light package,

I/O panel,

Nightscan light tower,

Sat. phone,

weather station,

GPS,

cab mounted computer station,

All in One,

(2) event clocks,

stabilizer jacks,

back up camera,

awning,

exterior graphics,

auto snow chains

Thanks again to Joe Pinto for the photo, and EagleEye for the info!

Thats nice it kinda looks like the one the county just got.

also does any one know if yonkers is plaming on geting any thing else for the city?

Wow!!!! :o:o:o:oThat is one nice looking rig.

Maybe they can send it to the vern and use it as station 1 or 4...................Much nicer then a trailer I'm sure

Who operates this?

Who operates this?

I would hope Yonkers FD, are you asking what station is responsible for driving it?

Primarily members assigned to Special Operations Command and what ever other personnel resources are required for the specific incident

Primarily members assigned to Special Operations Command and what ever other personnel resources are required for the specific incident

Who makes up "SOC" as far as daily operations? Does this mean the members that staff a rescue/squad, training ect...are there members not assigned to a company that comprise SOC?

~Sorry to hijack the topic just a bit, but the Chief's answer spurred a little curiosity.~

Chief, has YFD purchased all their new equipment and apparatus, along with that for SOC with their annual budgeted money or is this equipment/apparatus or a portion thereof purchased thru Grant money filed for and received post 9-11. Just curious.

Looks good! I wish them very good luck with it!

I got the official tour from Chief Fitz the other day, the pics don't do it justice. Would love to take this thing on vacation!!! Very nice set up inside and out, now just have to use it a couple times a year...hint-hint! Can't wait to check out the live video uplink from aviation one day!