Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJS1810

Car Fire video

14 posts in this topic

No proper PPE? Typical, so many responders do not consider car-fires to be real-fires. Why is that?

Improper PPE as stated although it's a good thing the first guy was handed his helmet. Too bad that won't protect him from the smoke.

Also, approaching the vehicle from the front. If the bumper let go it could very well have taken out his knees.

that line should of been in the hands of the second guy and you knew were the owner of the car was haha

that line should of been in the hands of the second guy......

The line shouldn't have been in either of their hands! Neither were wearing proper PPE as neither were wearing SCBA.

What did the guy in the very beginning throw at the car it looked like a glass bottle? Who is that guy anyway? I will also repeat the above posts about PPE and SCBA.

What did the guy in the very beginning throw at the car it looked like a glass bottle? Who is that guy anyway? I will also repeat the above posts about PPE and SCBA.

My guess is he is the vehicle owner, and either he was trying to perform an initial tactical cabin ventilation operation, or, he just hurled his last bottle of Miller Genuine Draft at the car, in disgust... :P

looks like a 3rd FF was going to the car towards the end w/ a hooligen. he was wearing duty pants and shirt, wonder if he planned to work or hand it over...

Truly unbelievable! The good thing is that we all agree that these guys look like morons. Take your job seriously and don your gear for every emergency. These guys conduct themselves in a very unprofessional manner.

Stay Safe & Wear your Gear.

Paul D.

anyone notice that the comment's part for that video was disabled???? wonder why

Ya' just can't fix stupid!

Ya' just can't fix stupid!

.THAT looked like MAHOPAC'S own Capt. ding.

.that is correct sir.

sorry inside joke

Forget all the PPE and SCBA stuff, because thats obvious and we all now it. Attacking a car that has the gas pinned or stuck from the front? what if it jumps in gear? Guessing that Mr. Fast and the Furious Car racer moded out the bumper and it is not even hooked up to the airbag. (i would still not approach form the front but which is more likely, Car jumping in gear or bumper exploding) Why didn't anyone just turn it off? The doors wide open. They are not doing anything else safely, just jump in and turn a key. One problem solved. I also love the helmet hand off THEN he pulls down the shield you now "just in case".

As a side note how would you handle this situation? Might as make one mans mistake another's learning tool.

Stay Safe Brothers

Edited by ECLEMENTE