Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Briarcliff Mooning Incident

25 posts in this topic

Article

well deserved or blown out of proportion?

Blown way, way out of proportion. He earned and deserved that diploma. As far as the charges, its a prank in bad taste but im sure that more people thought it was funny than they admitted.

The kids an idiot....he deserves it....stop behaving like animals!

What a moron.

This kid's act was immature and the whole episode an embarrasment to the school and community.

A woman who answered the door at his home defended his action? ... "Blame the School"...

...another idiot.

Now We know where he gets it from...nice work, Mr + Mrs Turano. You should be proud of your son.

David, You are nothing but a spoiled, selfish loser.

Nice going, Not only have you disgraced yourself, but you have disgraced your parents good name. Shame on you.

You need a good swift kick in the behind.

Edit: never mind... too late for some overdue corporal punishment, ehhh?

Topic moved to appropriate discussion forum.

You know what, I could care less what he did. He is a MORON but that doesn't mean that he didn't complete his HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMICS. He should get his Diploma and in about 1 yr nobody will remember this.

I do not condone his action but I think the school went too far. He didnt call in a bomb scare, write threatening messages in bathroom walls, set fires in the school like others have in the past who have sucessfully graduated.

He was just showing what he learned in Astronomy class....The Moon and Uranus......Give the kid his diploma already!!

I do not condone what he did, but I also feel pick your battles, do they give the kids that pull the fire alarms and make everyone else rush there for no reason?

All the other High School crap they pull do they give them there diplomas, ?

Stop the waste of time and energy.

Besides they all just gave this kid more recogontion then he ever deserved for doing a prank we would all laugh at.

He will now go down in history at BHS, thanks to the rag, the Journal News. As far as his punishment, he should definitly be charged. The principal grabbing his diploma appears to be a knee jerk reaction and I guess "showed the kid who's really boss". There's no way they can deny him his diploma, the piece of paper on the stage, yes, but not the actual achievment. The days of "they're only kids" are long gone, thats why they do the stuff they do, because everyone makes excuses for them. Hold them accountable and lock em up, you'll see how all this nonsense diminishes.

Dumb kid, I didn't know anyone actually had the stones, or cheeks, as it were, to pull this off. I didn't even think kids pulled this sort of stunt anymore.

Edited by JBE

How the hell is this even an issue?! He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last. Is this really the act of an idiot kid? What about the streakers that were all the rage in the 70's. Hell, the character Robin Williams played in Patch Adams got quite the laugh from the theater when he pulled the same stunt at the end of the movie. Its bare butt. No one is any worse for having seen it and god forbid a couple of people might have even gotten a laugh out of it. The people calling for this kid to be punished for a stupid prank that caused no harm and no damage are the ones that need to grow up.

Edited by ny10570

Looks like this story will be on channel 4 at 11pm tonight, saw it or something similar on the coming attractions.

Just think, he might be able to be charged as a sex offender if they end up charging him with public exposure. He possibly ruined his life for a few laughs.

Just think, he might be able to be charged as a sex offender if they end up charging him with public exposure. He possibly ruined his life for a few laughs.

I would sincerely hope that being charged, in a case such as this, would be a hell of a long way from being *convicted*. I think you're over-egging the pudding.

Mike

.wow never thought of that angle this kid is screwed

While I agree that he went to far, maybe should have just stuck with the moon and not so much the frontal. But it seems people forgot what its like to be young... Everyone went a lil crazy at graduation time, and if you didnt well then sucked to be you. They should at the very most slap him with an ACD with a lil community service for the summer and then seal the record. As far as being registered as a sex offender than is just aboslutly absurd.

If he had just mooned the crowd and not turned around and mooned the superintendent of schools and board members he would have gotten off with a slap on the wrist.

Anyone else hear he is a vol with the ambulance? Channel 12 was reporting that.

Edited by Sovereign1

There is definitely a difference between most mooning and mooning at what should be a solemn ceremony to commemorate educational achievement. This fine young gentleman obviously has an axe to grind with his school, but is disrupting everyone else’s graduation really the answer? I don’t think so.

As for his diploma, by all means withhold it, if more diplomas were withheld maybe kids would take school just a little more seriously. Let him learn the lesson in night school that he made it all the way there only to throw away his achievement and any hopes of college admission in the last few minutes of high school.

Besides since his family blames the school and obviously has a problem with the quality of the education he received, why would they want such a tainted diploma anyway? Because like all spoiled children, he wants it both ways. He wants everyone to know that he doesn’t think his diploma is worth much but wants future employers to place a great deal of weight behind it.

The kid was stupid. He completed the requirements for High School graduation so withholding the diploma is also a stupid act by th ePrincipal. I'm sure he will recieve it inthemail with no fanfare in a week or two. As far as the "sex offendor" angle, if they labeled showing your butocks as a sex crime, the jails would have to be a lot bigger to hold every criminal each weekend at Jones Beach. So, the kid was stupid, plain & simple.

wouldn't this only apply if his genitals were shown? and even then, wouldn't he have to use them in sexual actions? there was no mention of his twig and berries flopping around, and since the charges were already filed, i'm guessing it's not a concern.

Went to a Graduation last week in CT and the kids somehow plugged into the PA System and as the commencement started, some Brittany Spears song started blasting over the PA System. The superintendent was going nuts. He was trying to rip the speaker wire from the speaker, only to realize that there were about 20 speakers all over. This went on for a minute or 2 until they figured it out and got it back to normal. Did it disturb the "Solemn Ceremony"? sure, but most got a chuckle out of it. Its called A PRANK.... Get Over It..... I think some Westchester people need to lighten up a bit and enjoy life instead of being "Better Than The Rest" Other places would have been no problem at all.

Exposure of a person is a violation. It will not result in designation as a sex offender.

I agree with the "blown out of proportion" statements. Just a few years ago people were getting naked, completely at graduation ceremonies all over. Even a chick who graduated magna cum laud (sp?) at a very expensive university. "If they can't take a joke, #### em!" (Ed Baldesweiler quoted here!)

Edited by jack10562
language filter