Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dondestro

Mount Kisco FD Parade 2008

19 posts in this topic

Anyone have photos and or trophy results from tonights parade?!?

Best Apparatus- Millwood

Best Ladies Auxiliary- Millwood

Best Antique- Millwood

Best Tanker- Bedford Hills

Best Non-regulation Uniform- Millwood

Best Overall- Ossining

Best Color Guard- Ossining

Best Ladder-Yorktown

noone likes the lime green tanker from new fairfield huh?!?...haha truck was flawless i know for fact ohhh well what can ya say....................Maybe next time

Ossining is on a major roll, Best Overall Mahopac Thursday Night in Putnam, Best Overall Mount Kisco Friday Night in Westchester, now they are going to Millbrook ( DCVFA Convention) Saturday in Dutchess. Can they pull off the triple combination? It hasn't been done in a few years.

Ossining most men in line also. Dutchess will be interesting, not on the "home turf", BUT, the judges aren't "friends" up there (not that they are down here either, but I wont get into that), so it will be an impartial opinion.

Three parades in three days is a pretty hectic schedule!

I'd like to see them sweep, and pull off a "triple crown"

The Ossining FD color guard is especially sharp, that unit will be definitely tough to beat!

Ossining most men in line also. Dutchess will be interesting, not on the "home turf", BUT, the judges aren't "friends" up there (not that they are down here either, but I wont get into that), so it will be an impartial opinion.

I think they will be using the Westchester Judges if that means anything.........

I guess IF Ossining wins it will be because all the judges are friend's of Ossining. Oh well. Maybe a parade in Vermont would make it fair.

not sure how the rules read but Ossining would only be eligible for out of county correct?

Edited by tdc202

Not sure how it works. Some departments do a seperate trophy, out of state and out of county. Id imagine there will be a lot of trophies today seeing its a convention. Convention parades have different trophy rules (ie. Best regulation 1-5 in line, 6-9 etc) its not quite that restrictive but it is an obnoxious amount of trophies.

noone likes the lime green tanker from new fairfield huh?!?...haha truck was flawless i know for fact ohhh well what can ya say....................Maybe next time

i like it i was looking at it at mahopacs parade

hey not for nothing it doesnt matter what a department does in three days. you have your good days and your bad days. the other night in mahopac we at montrose didnt have a good night. congrats to o-town for a nice win they deserved it. we are also going to DC tonight. if you recall us at the "'trose" have taken best color guard beating o-town in plesantville. it doesnt matter how they look on the road but what they look like going past the judges. yes i must admit 4 american flags looks sharp and hard to beat, but i can be done. with that said good luck to everyone going to DC tonight!!!

Edited by MoFire390

I'm not into the whole parade thing BUT...

I don't know how others feel, but nothing looks better then American flags and chrome axes in the color guard....

How about how they do at a FIRE!!!! All this talk about parades etc. I know a Dept. that doesn't do the greatest at parades but a kick a** job at FIRES!!

How about how they do at a FIRE!!!! All this talk about parades etc. I know a Dept. that doesn't do the greatest at parades but a kick a** job at FIRES!!

amen brother

does anyone have pics of mt. kiscos prade?

so, ossining does it again, 3 in a row- congrats

Yes it was done, three in a row in three counties!

And Ossining's color guard has 6 American flags!