Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy

Putnam Valley FD new pumper

53 posts in this topic

So im guessing in true putnam valley spirit there will be one kick butt wet down when its in service??

Please, there hasn't been a wetdown worth the name in the county in 10 years. I miss the old days when a wetdown meant something. Just like football, if you haven't played with blood in your mouth, you haven't been in the game.

is someone supposed to be posting pictures?

is someone supposed to be posting pictures?

Yes but there were some technical difficulties with the thread. Still stuck at work today so hopefully tomorrow they will be up.

Please, there hasn't been a wetdown worth the name in the county in 10 years. I miss the old days when a wetdown meant something. Just like football, if you haven't played with blood in your mouth, you haven't been in the game.

There will be event of some sort--not making any promises as to what YET. It will more than likely be in the spring as the Holidays are approaching--many functions to attend, and the weather is a little COLD. So--we will see what we can work up for then.

There will be event of some sort--not making any promises as to what YET. It will more than likely be in the spring as the Holidays are approaching--many functions to attend, and the weather is a little COLD. So--we will see what we can work up for then.

We could have it end of winter and call t a meltdown.

Yeah, have a Ground-Hog-Day Outdoor Clambake...Steamed King Crab legs,...melted butter hardening on your chin...that's the ticket!

Our new addition was placed in service at Noon today. Any questions--PM me.

All pictures were taken by me.

Thanks to everyone that made this new piece a reality.

post-135-1228014090.jpg

post-135-1228014100.jpg

post-135-1228014110.jpg

post-135-1228014117.jpg

post-135-1228014127.jpg

post-135-1228014137.jpg

Looks nice but I have to say. Those scott pack seat belt things are nothing but a pain in the a**.Everytime you have to check the scott pack you gotta pull the little string. Lcfd has them on 17-2-3 and they are some of the stupidest things I've seen I'm still waiting for somebody to forget to pull the string when they get to a call and break the thing. Is that like a safety standard that every truck has to have them now or does this manufacturer just put them in the seats ?

Edited by texastom791

They have developed a newer, more firefighter friendly version that has "no strings". There are also models that have the release on a lever on the front of the seat bottom. Neither was a viable option at the time ours was spec'd out.

Yes there is a requirement for g-force rated SCBA brackets in the cab.

Thanks for sharing, nice and simple and very easy to see and find the equipment, well thought and laid out. Great Job Putnam Valley FD.

Looks nice but I have to say. Those scott pack seat belt things are nothing but a pain in the a**.Everytime you have to check the scott pack you gotta pull the little string. Lcfd has them on 17-2-3 and they are some of the stupidest things I've seen I'm still waiting for somebody to forget to pull the string when they get to a call and break the thing. Is that like a safety standard that every truck has to have them now or does this manufacturer just put them in the seats ?

How much of a pain in the a-- can pulling a string be? You have to take the pack out of the bracket to check it properly, don't you? So what's one more string? And how hard is it for the guy or gal sitting in the seat to pull the string to get the pack out at a call? As long as they stay calm there should be no issues...

Nice looking rig good luck with it

How much of a pain in the a-- can pulling a string be? You have to take the pack out of the bracket to check it properly, don't you? So what's one more string? And how hard is it for the guy or gal sitting in the seat to pull the string to get the pack out at a call? As long as they stay calm there should be no issues...

Now see--there is logic. Although--the "string" may seem to be a pain in the rear to some--if you keep your cool and wits about you it does not post an issue. The straps will however keep the pack from flying around the cab in the --God for bid--event of an accident--possibly saving you or someone else's life. And obviously there have been some issue's or what not and they have been answered by the newer and more "ergonomic" brackets. If the straps are put on correctly, and the lanyard is properly kept within easy reach--there really should be no issue.

It's just different is all. I really don't see the need for the scott pack to be strapped in I liked just putting it in the brackets alot better.The way I see it is it just adds to things that you gotta remember to do when you get or are going to a fire.

Edited by texastom791

If it is safer to have the straps to prevent that massive SCBA to go flying if the rig is involved in an accident, then I will take that extra 5 seconds to make sure that the lanyard system is working correctly. It is the same principle as the helmet holders in the cabs, its going to create a few less dangerous projectiles in the back of the rig. Fire fighting is dangerous enough as it is....there is absolutely no reason why you should not be as safe as can be.

And who cares if it is different or inconvinent. Im sure that they thought SCBAs, enclosed cabs, PASS alarms and seatbelts were too different to work in initially, yet there use and function have been proved times and time again.

We should not have to be discussing the merits of having less, unrestrained flying objects in rig.

P.S. Great Looking Engine....looks very well laid out and functional. When is delivery expected?

Edited by bvfdjc316

If it is safer to have the straps to prevent that massive SCBA to go flying if the rig is involved in an accident, then I will take that extra 5 seconds to make sure that the lanyard system is working correctly. It is the same principle as the helmet holders in the cabs, its going to create a few less dangerous projectiles in the back of the rig. Fire fighting is dangerous enough as it is....there is absolutely no reason why you should not be as safe as can be.

And who cares if it is different or inconvenient. I'm sure that they thought SCBAs, enclosed cabs, PASS alarms and seat belts were too different to work in initially, yet there use and function have been proved times and time again.

We should not have to be discussing the merits of having less, unrestrained flying objects in rig.

P.S. Great Looking Engine....looks very well laid out and functional. When is delivery expected?

Was put in service Saturday the 29th. The layout of the equipment was done in house--by us. We gad the manufacturer install the PacTrac during construction and we installed the mounts and alike when it came in.

Thank You to everyone for their kind comments.

Was put in service Saturday the 29th. The layout of the equipment was done in house--by us. We gad the manufacturer install the PacTrac during construction and we installed the mounts and alike when it came in.

Thank You to everyone for their kind comments.

It's nice Adam, real nice. I mean it's no 119, but.... LOL.

It's nice Adam, real nice. I mean it's no 119, but.... LOL.

If you really think about it--they just might be related somehow. Seagrave and Marion are not too far apart from each other. Marion employs some former Seagrave personnel-- You just never know. LOL

At least 119 was ripe when it came in. --I prefer Red Delicious over Granny Smith -- LOL

short & sweet regarding that dreaded string mentioned the answer to your problem is called training, if you train enough with something new it wll be 2nd nature when the time comes.

The new realease is on Millwoods new ladder 52 a great idea.

very nice rig and a simple answer to preventing projectiles from flying around the cab is to drive safely and respect traffic signals