Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions that haunt me

28 posts in this topic

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?
Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?
Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change?

They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane ?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours?

They're both dogs!

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Well if it all goes as I planned I'll be looking good in my Marine Dress Blue uniform strutting around in heaven.

As far as the Parkway/driveway thing...we asked a similiar question as a teaser in a fire academy class and one probie not only found the answer he downloaded audio to explain it.

Good one on the baby oil never thought of it that way I got a good chuckle.

Don't know about the bra thing...but I don't really care either. :P

Twinkle twinkle...nice brain teaser and they are close...until you have to cite "L M N O P" slowly.

Wow I can't believe I sat here thinking of my kid singing the alphabet...nice post VAC!

Well if it all goes as I planned I'll be looking good in my Marine Dress Blue uniform strutting around in heaven.

As far as the Parkway/driveway thing...we asked a similiar question as a teaser in a fire academy class and one probie not only found the answer he downloaded audio to explain it.

Good one on the baby oil never thought of it that way I got a good chuckle.

Don't know about the bra thing...but I don't really care either. :P

Twinkle twinkle...nice brain teaser and they are close...until you have to cite "L M N O P" slowly.

Wow I can't believe I sat here thinking of my kid singing the alphabet...nice post VAC!

So...whats the answer?

until you have to cite "L M N O P" slowly.

HAHAHAAAA AIN THAT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

Why is the 'Dept of the Interior' in charge of everything outdoors??

Must be a goverment thing!! Our tax dollars hardly at work..

Why is the 'Dept of the Interior' in charge of everything outdoors??

Must be a goverment thing!! Our tax dollars hardly at work..

I always wondered if you fell into a tank of liquid oxygen would yoou drown?

"The Department of Redundency Department"

Redundant much???

Why does the "Freeway" cost so much?

And the dog gets mad when you blow in his face because your breath stinks!!!!

:P

Capt36, that's a good one!

I always wondered if you fell into a tank of liquid oxygen would yoou drown?

Actually Cap, you may drown, but you may also freeze to death. Liquid oxygen is 200 plus degrees BELOW ZERO.

Mike

Actually Cap, you may drown, but you may also freeze to death. Liquid oxygen is 200 plus degrees BELOW ZERO.

Mike

Ok, its official, we all have waaaaay too much time on our hands.....

Ok, its official, we all have waaaaay too much time on our hands.....

Well, if you all joined the chat, it would actually make time fly! ;)

....and you got that right!

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

VACGUY,

Thanks for a good laugh! LOL!

:D

Answer to the HOOKER question: No. it would not be considered shoplifting. It would be THEFT OF SERVICE. Play me out !!!!.. <lively tune with a quick tempo>

What a totally wasted post, I thought this forum was to discuss Emergency services, be it PD, FD, or EMS

WHAT A TOTALLY WASTED POST,I thought this forum was to discuss Emergency services, be it PD,FD, orEMS

What we can't have a good laugh now and then? No offense but I think you need to lighten up a bit! I think this was a great post.

WHAT A TOTALLY WASTED POST,I thought this forum was to discuss Emergency services, be it PD,FD, orEMS

What I think is funny is, if the moderator's DON'T step in, and tell people this is not a worthy post, then apparently this is the reaction we get.

But now let's say a moderator DOES step in and put a squash on it, then people yell that we are too controlling. Funny how that works.

General Discussion

The Lounge

Everything Else - General Discussions Not Relating To The Forums Above.

Forum Led by: DOC22, SageVigiles, xfirefighter484x

LIGHTEN UP good sir! :D

Mike

Answer to the HOOKER question: No. it would not be considered shoplifting. It would be THEFT OF SERVICE. Play me out !!!!.. <lively tune with a quick tempo>

You definitely do need to lighten up! This post is exactly where it should be, in the Lounge. That is what this setion is for, NON FD, PD, EMS items. And yes humor has its plce here. You need to check the Readers Digest--- they even have a section called "Laughter, the best medicine"!

Hey I have a question, what movie was it that they showed the divers, going to deeper depths with Liquid Oxygen?

Was that real or was it BS?

Hey I have a question, what movie was it that they showed the divers, going to deeper depths with Liquid Oxygen?

The movie was The Abyss (Abyss).

They weren't breathing liquid oxygen. See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_breathing for more info on fluid breathing.

Certainly not 02 as Jared pointed out - O2 is CNS toxic above a partial pressure of approx 1.6 atm. It's the LAST thing you want when diving deep!

Mike

Jared Thanks

My pleasure Chief.

Sure Jared don't take the time to post the answer to the driveway vs. parkway question...I know you know the answer..lol. Just kidding and great job in RTB dude.

Parkways were so dubbed because they were generally built to allow access from urban areas to parks. Palisades takes you along the palisades system to Bear Mtn. Etc. Sprain Brook/Taconic multiple parks as well.

Driveways tended to be long from the street to get access to houses during farming eras.

I've also read where it is a matter of the english language, but I don't have time to get into that and most of us don't use actual proper phonetical english. Know what I be sayin' booooyyyyy.

Also I came up with another question:

Why do they call them "buildings" shouldn't it be "builting" I mean they do finish "building" them right

Why is there an expiration date on "sour" cream?

and finally two of my personal favorites....

What exactly was better before sliced bread....before they had "sliced bread?" AND

If you were to choke a smurf....what color would they turn?

Edited by alsfirefighter

Very Good...I can definately say the songs got me!! :lol:

If the sky is the limit, then what is space, over the limit?

Are children who act in rated 'R' movies allowed to see them?

Can you make a candle out of your earwax?

When French people swear do they say pardon my English?

Aren't the 'good things that come to those who wait' just the leftovers from the people that got there first?

If the swat team breaks down your door do they have to replace it later?

Can a fire truck park in the fire lane?

Can it be cloudy and foggy at the same time?

"Cute as a button" Is that supposed to be a compliment? Since when are buttons cute?

Can you breathe out of your nose and mouth at the same time?

Are marbles made of marble?

Why does the last piece of ice always stick to the bottom of the cup?

If you pay for a vacation and your plane crashes on the way there, do you get you money back? (Granted you lived)

Why did Yankee Doodle name the feather in his hat Macaroni?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken over there ... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out if its butt"?

Isn't Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse?

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?

Can you get cornered in a round room?

Why do we wash behind our ears? Who really looks there?

Why don't the hairs on your arms get split ends?

If an atheist has to go to court, do they make him swear on the Bible?

If you were to choke a smurf....what color would they turn?

A darker BLUE! :lol: Or purple from being unconscious (if I spelled that right)! :P

But why would you want to choke a smurf anyways? :huh:

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman