Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Mount Vernon Fire Captain Gives Away Rescue Truck

53 posts in this topic

Here is the old Rescue as it sat in February of this year:

post-11-1218064842.jpg

This Is A VERY SAD Ending For A Piece Of Fire Equipment Worth $15000 ~ $20000 On The Open Market. Why Did They Leave This Rig Outside To ROT Along With The Foam Truck, I'm Sure One Of The Stations Had Enough Room To House These Pieces. A Department That Does NOT Take Care Of It's Firefighters And/Or Equipment Is A Sad Commentary In The 21st Century. Maybe Yonkers Or New Rochelle Should Bid On Running This Department With Pride And Professionalism, This City Had Better Equipment And MORE Firefighters When The Volunteers Were Active !!!!!!

This stuff has got to harm the public image of FDMV. You can't have a story about giving away money when you're begging for staffing and equipment.

The firefighters in MV have seen some real fire duty, the kind that most just read about. News print and TV news stories like these don't help the fire service. God look over them as they keep moving forward!

That $15,000 or $20,000 maybe even more $$$ could have been used to purchase

some of that much needed equipment for the Brothers at FDMV.

OR

The Rescue could have been donated to a Fire Department that really needed it.

IMO, I highly doubt that MV Rescue was given away for NOTHING!

Maybe NOTHING to the City of Mount Vernon?

I am sure the Captain got the "OK" from someone.

The question is WHO authorized this "Gift" to the Scrap Yard?

Remember that famous quote in Backdraft?

"You see that flash of light in the corner of your eye,

That's your career dissipation light. It just went into high gear"

MOUNT VERNON FIREFIGHTERS YOU DESERVE BETTER!

Would have made a great HOTDOG wagon!

Oh Hudson always thinking, that's what I love about you! Could this result in some openings?

I would like to know exactly what the "Deputy Commissioner" is getting paid for...anyway...

An awful LOT of shenanigans have gone on, supposedly during her "watch", and right under her nose.

Can you say Hmmmmmm?

Still wondering why they need a Deputy Commissioner. Take that salary and use it elsewhere.

Edited by 210

In the picture shown above, the body looked ok. A little work and that rig would have been in fine condition. Finally someone shed some light on the goings on in the MVFD. Maybe now some questions will be answered and proper actions taken to get them were they need to be.

Maybe they should begin by raising their standards and hiring competent individuals that won't make such foolish mistakes. You get what you hire, now deal with it! I've got no pity for them!

That truck could have sold for a million dollars and not one cent of it would have made it back to the FD budget. We all know this. But it was nice to see that the PD is at its largest numbers ever. Maybe you could trade comissioners and he'll get you some more staffing as well. The fire service...the red-headed freckled face step kid of municipalities. (No offense to you red-headed, freckle faces out there who might just be step kids)

...not one cent of it would have made it back to the FD...

IF...they had an effective Commissioner, it would have.

Plus all the other stuff would not be going on, there.

This is likely the result of a total municipal management failure...

This Is A VERY SAD Ending For A Piece Of Fire Equipment Worth $15000 ~ $20000 On The Open Market. Why Did They Leave This Rig Outside To ROT Along With The Foam Truck, I'm Sure One Of The Stations Had Enough Room To House These Pieces. A Department That Does NOT Take Care Of It's Firefighters And/Or Equipment Is A Sad Commentary In The 21st Century. Maybe Yonkers Or New Rochelle Should Bid On Running This Department With Pride And Professionalism, This City Had Better Equipment And MORE Firefighters When The Volunteers Were Active !!!!!!

"The midnight voice" of KEF-934.

That truck could have sold for a million dollars and not one cent of it would have made it back to the FD budget. We all know this. But it was nice to see that the PD is at its largest numbers ever. Maybe you could trade comissioners and he'll get you some more staffing as well. The fire service...the red-headed freckled face step kid of municipalities. (No offense to you red-headed, freckle faces out there who might just be step kids)

That B/C the PD comish was a NYPD cop and was in the gang unit for some time and I think he did some time undercover in a Asian gang,(could be wrong)so he knows what its like to be a cop on the streets and to fear for your life, not just some friend of the mayor who got the job.!!!! Lets see Deputy Fire Commissioner Deborah Norman put on gear and run into a burning building!!!!! She would s@#t herself!!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

Edited by DR104

Lets see Deputy Fire Commissioner Deborah Norman put on gear and run into a burning building!!!!! She would s@#t herself!!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

She was a Master Sergent in the Army, im pretty sure she would do alright. This is from the city web-site:

While in the military Deborah was stationed at many locations worldwide in service with the Military Police Corps. She performed duties as Military Police patrol officer, Physical Security Inspector, Drug Suppression Supervisor and has also held numerous leadership positions including Drill Sergeant Instructor at Fort McClellan, Alabama. Deborah participated in many deployments and military operations.

She asked for bunker gear but the request was denied and told she didn't need it. I think she was just put into a very bad situation.

I wonder how much they got for this one for scrap?

post-103-1218208344.jpg

I wonder how much they got for this one for scrap?

Hey Bobby !!!! can you fix it ?

MOUNT VERNON is not alone, I once but a bid in on patrol 4 from PORT CHESTER you know [little MOUNT VERNON] and it was awarded to a lower bidder who had put a new motor in it earler. :blink:

ajsbear posted this above...

I Can't Believe It!

Business sold city firetruck for $1,200

By Jonathan Bandler

The Journal News • August 8, 2008

MOUNT VERNON - A city business that got an old city firetruck under questionable circumstances sold it to an Elmsford scrap yard for at least $1,200, The Journal News has learned.

An owner of Superior Truck Parts, Joe Capasso, twice over the past week insisted to the newspaper that his company got no money for the 1986 Ford E-One rescue truck. But a manager at Brookfield Metal Co. said yesterday that his business bought the rig, a 1986 Ford E-One rescue, for between $1,200 and $1,500 and then scrapped it for its metal.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008808080393

SOMEONE IS A LIAR!

I don't think it's Brookfield!

HMMMMMM ???

Commissioner Deborah Norman put on gear and run into a burning building!!!!!

Maybe that's not a bad idea. she should spend some time riding with fully staffed companies from New Rochelle or Yonkers, then try riding along in Mount Vernon and noting the differences.

But, I sadly don't think anything is going to change Mount Vernon politics, especially if this incident is quashed like so many others. The reality is, the state needs to come in and take over control of Mount Vernon. I'm not saying the NYS is a great goverment by any means, I just think a third party needs to come in for a while and evaluate and make some changes and realign power. Either that, or Yonkers or NYC should annex Mount Vernon.

They'll just sugar coat everything like they've done before. Hopefully just not the rigs. No pun intended. :rolleyes:

That $15,000 or $20,000 maybe even more $$$ could have been used to purchase

some of that much needed equipment for the Brothers at FDMV.

Or the money could have helped with the repairs needed at the fire stations that have been evacuated! Guys living in trailers. Sounds like someone or maybe a couple of people need to resign!!!!! Maybe Mt. Vernon should look to an outside source for their new Fire Commissioner...like a retired FDNY or Yonkers Chief!

Would have made a great HOTDOG wagon!

Yes, Jodi, it would've made a great hot dog wagon. Door 3 = Chili, etc!

THE RUG-yes it sounds like this incident was pushed under the rug! Nobody talk about it, they might all forget that it happened!!! Business as usual in FDMV!

Edited by hudson144