Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Metro North's Croton-Harmon Shops 2008 Open House

10 posts in this topic

2008 Metro North Harmon Shop Open House

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10 AM to 3 PM

Take a close-up look at locomotives, work equipment, passenger cars… Let real railroaders show you

what it takes to transport more than 80 million people annually… Hop aboard the Fall Foliage Special

train… and more. A great event for the kids and grown-ups too! It’s all free and it’s all at Metro-North’s

largest maintenance and repair facility.

By train: Take Metro-North’s Hudson Line to Croton-Harmon Station for shuttle bus service to

the shop. Check timetable for scheduled trains.

By car: From New York City, take the New York State Thruway to Exit 9, Tarrytown. Turn left onto

Route 119 for 2/10 mile. Turn right onto Route 9 and continue north for 14 miles. After crossing Croton

River Bridge, take the first exit, Croton Point Avenue. Follow signs to free parking. From Stamford and

White Plains, take Interstate 287 to the New York State Thruway entrance at Elmsford and follow the

directions above.

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/open%20house%...inal%202008.pdf

Anyone attend? Any details or, better yet, photos?

i attended had a great time the fall foliage ride was great, very nice engineer let me hang out up front seems like they had less this year compared to last year

I went. Had a great time. The new Brookwille locomotives look nice.

Anyone attend? Any details or, better yet, photos?

Very poor arraignment of F units which is what I go to the open house for.

yea they could of aranged the locomotives better might be the last year of the fl9's because of all of the new bl2ogh's i was also hoping to see the mta pd esu this year they usually have a nice set up. this is one of my favorites...go giants

post-16583-1224033615.jpg

Edited by kvfd306

Nice NY Giants locomotive. Supposedly the New Haven line cars will be slightly modified to allow bicycles on board.

Nice NY Giants locomotive. Supposedly the New Haven line cars will be slightly modified to allow bicycles on board.

do you mean the new m-8 cars?