Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

NY Metropolitans Choke Again

32 posts in this topic

In a quite unsuprising turn of events, the NY Mets were eliminated from the post season once again because they just cannot get the job done when it counts. How much more do they expect their fans (including me) to take. Unbelievable...or should I say quite believable??? What could be worse than watching the Phillies and the Brewers in the playoffs? I know...the Yankees aren't there either. SO LAME

Nice job Jerry Manuel and the 2008 Mets - CHOKERS

In a quite unsuprising turn of events, the NY Mets were eliminated from the post season once again because they just cannot get the job done when it counts. How much more do they expect their fans (including me) to take. Unbelievable...or should I say quite believable??? What could be worse than watching the Phillies and the Brewers in the playoffs? I know...the Yankees aren't there either. SO LAME

Nice job Jerry Manuel and the 2008 Mets - CHOKERS

Yes but on a positive note the Giants are 3-0 ;)

The last 2 innings I changed my chant from "Lets go Mets" to "Mets are Morons"

I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than the Mets winning the series

Edited by JetPhoto

Yes but on a positive note the Giants are 3-0 ;)

Very true...GO BLUE!

For all intents and purposes, baseball season in OVER.

It is now time for a housecleaning on Roosevelt Avenue. Here's my picks to go bye bye.

Omar Minaya, so long. You should have been shown the door last year as well.

Carlos Delgado, yes, he picked it up in the second half of the season. Should have had it picked up in the first half as well.

Pedro Martinez, unless he swallows his pride and accepts a shift to the bullpen a la John Smoltz, time to pack it in.

Just about everyone in the bullpen. Starting with Heilman, Schoenweis, Sanchez, Feliciano, then Ayala.

Maybe it would be in the best interest to look into shifting Evans or Murphy into first basemen to replace Delgado.

Oliie Perez, just like the rest of the team, too inconsistent.

Luis Castillo, two words, frickin useless.

The biggest bright spots this season were Maine, Pelfrey(surprisingly enough), and Wright. Reyes had a so so year.

They may have to field a team full of youngsters and rookies next year.

While I won't call this a choke, I will call it the end result of what has plagued this team since last year, INCONSISTENCY!!!!

Fret not, Yankee fans, I believe the same thing is coming over at Box 2351 as well.

PS Almost forgot, cut El Duque's toe off, and get him in the bullpen as well.

Edited by JBE

Believe me, dude. No request for cheese here. Looks like your boys on 161st street have a lot to be unhappy about as well.

JetPhoto,

I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than the Mets winning the series

I won $80.00 in Lotto Scratch Off's today! :P lol

BRING BACK GUYS LIKE:

Wally Backman

Ron Darling

Dwight Gooden

Roger McDowell

Gary Carter

Keith Hernandez

Ray Knight

Rafael Santana

Tim Teufel

Lenny Dykstra

Darryl Strawberry

Mookie Wilson

1986 was a LONG time ago!

Maybe 2009?

Believe me, dude. No request for cheese here. Looks like your boys on 161st street have a lot to be unhappy about as well.

Very true but at least the Yankees were consistently lousy and didn't simply roll over and die during the last two weeks of the season blowing a lead!!! They never had a lead!!!! :lol:

It is now time for a housecleaning on Roosevelt Avenue. Here's my picks to go bye bye.

Carlos Delgado, yes, he picked it up in the second half of the season. Should have had it picked up in the first half as well.

Pedro Martinez, unless he swallows his pride and accepts a shift to the bullpen a la John Smoltz, time to pack it in.

Just about everyone in the bullpen. Starting with Heilman, Schoenweis, Sanchez, Feliciano, then Ayala.

Maybe it would be in the best interest to look into shifting Evans or Murphy into first basemen to replace Delgado.

The biggest bright spots this season were Maine, Pelfrey(surprisingly enough), and Wright. Reyes had a so so year.

While I won't call this a choke, I will call it the end result of what has plagued this team since last year, INCONSISTENCY!!!!

Fret not, Yankee fans, I believe the same thing is coming over at Box 2351 as well.

How can you say Reyes and Wright had a so so year? They did nothing this weekend!!! I think Wright was o-4 yesterday. They say A-rod can not hit in the big spot!!! Wright and Reyes do it just as much!!!!! Maybe if Reyes would not act like a clown with his hand shakes and his homerun show he puts on and act his age he may play better. When the Mets were doing good he was all over the place with his hand shakes and joking around!!! When they were doing bad you couldn't find him in the dugout!!!! You want to shake up this team!!!!!! Let Reyes or Wright go!!!! And this is comming from a yankees fan, so I cannot say much myself. Lets go JETS!!!

At least the Yankees had a decent excuse... 4 of their best players getting injured in very start of the season. A-Rod, Matsui, Posada, and Wang. And yeah, I know it's too little, too late, but the Yanks were on a tear at the end of the season. They were playing some good baseball!

But i've gotta side with DR154...

J-E-T-S; JETS JETS JETS!!!

Ok with all said and done I think wo things need to happen next year. First on opening day hand out a box of tissues to every fan. Then they should hire 28 EMT's to prform the Heimlich on theplayers when they start to chock again....... :lol:

Your mostly right, the Bull pen, gone, Pedro would take too long to warm up, he and El Duque should go too. Murphy's going to play 2nd Base in the winter leagues.

YOu forgot Church who went 0 for September. What about more playing time for Endy?

So lets evaluate: 2007 season with Willie, almost there and a dissapointment. 2008 season, same deal. 2007-Willie 2008-Omar. If thats the case, should have just stuck with Willie and been loyal.

Edited by nycemt728

I have been a long time Mets fan and I am very disappointed with this team they need to their improve relief pitching. I am hoping next year that they learn from this season and not make the same mistakes that they keep repeating. The Yankees were not better this year, I am hoping I dont have to listen to them pass judgement on the mets

Lets not forget Farve, threw 6 TD passes today.

Please...the Jets beat a SAD team on Sunday who actually kept scratching their way back into the game. Lets see what happens when they start playing some real teams...oh, I forgot, they are in the AFC...there aren't any REAL teams. Lets face it, the only football game in town is the NYG Big Blue Machine, fed by a boatload of confidence and no respect from peers.

The Mets should get rid of Omar Minaya, who has been more concerned with turning the Mets into "Team DR" instead of a winning ball club. At the risk of sounding controversial I think they need more American born English speaking players who can communicate with each other and have a better understanding of the fundamentals of the game. Id also like to see someone turn into a clutch player and a locker room leader, for now we're stuck with Wright who is just AROD Jr.

Is it just me but does anyone else think they should have had their ceremonies before the game? For the Yankees this seemed to psyche up both the fans and players, and they played a great final game at the stadium.

only big blue on my list is RES3CUE In the bronx As for 1986 Mets you forgot 1 name the unofficial MVP Bill Buckner :P

OK,..as a newbie here with only a slight relation to the NY/Hudson valley area and a born-and-raised in Philly Phillies phan, one thing truly irked us down at the CBP this year: Minaya signed Johan Santana and the NY press all but said "The Mets are the 2008 NL East champs. Everybody else just show up and make it look good." Teams are NEVER built around one player. And you can see why we were so eager to dump poison-mouthed Billy Wagner. That attitude never works.

My 2 cents before someone unloads a smooth bore 2 1/2 at me! :P

JetPhoto,

I won $80.00 in Lotto Scratch Off's today! :P lol

BRING BACK GUYS LIKE:

Wally Backman

Ron Darling

Dwight Gooden

Roger McDowell

Gary Carter

Keith Hernandez

Ray Knight

Rafael Santana

Tim Teufel

Lenny Dykstra

Darryl Strawberry

Mookie Wilson

1986 was a LONG time ago!

Maybe 2009?

Sorry im not a big MET fan...then again not a MET fan at all, but do you really think that players like Doc and Strawberry are worth the thought?? especially with the DRUG problems they have???

Everyone else i could see, bring back Yogi to coach and i bet they do better!!! :lol::lol:

ohh and congrats on the scratch off win!!!

Edited by MoFire390

It's never been easy to be a Met fan, or a Jet Fan for that matter. But you can only keep your head up and pray that Omar cleans house in the Bull Pen. If they had half the blown saves they would have clinched 2 weeks ago.

Oh I do believe the house cleaning should begin with Mr. Minaya first. Then take care of the rest of it.

This season for the Mets really means one thing for me, Willie wasn't the problem it was the team members. But as often the case, the manager is blamed first for the way the team was playing. Though I'm a Yanks fan (and liek to start stuff with the Queenies :P )I give credit where credit is due. Once again the choked and couldn;t pull it off. They have a great group of players and once again they were not playing together as a team. Just like my Bombers, the mesh is not there. Time for a restructuring in my opinion.

Let's Go Mets? Am I too late....

ROFLMAO! 2 straight years of chokes! Only Spike Lee can out-do them!

By the way...Sabathia will be a Yankee...

Sorry guys I have been AFK and am a little late here, but as I said to all my Met fan friends who were gloating just last week:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Now on to Hockey....LET'S GO RANGERS....anyone see them kick butt in Switzerland??

Hundreds being printed for New Stadium.

post-23-1222921808.jpg