Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

FDMV - Promotions/Hiring

22 posts in this topic

Today in Mount Vernon City hall 2 Firefighters were promoted to the rank of Fire Lieutenant.

8 new members of the Department were sworn in as probationary firefighters scheduled to start in the academy oct 6th,2008 and a recently retired member came back on the job! Good luck to all of you!

I gotta ask who came back??

Congratulations to the new LT's and the new probationary firefighters--good luck to them in FLSP and good luck to the probies.

And after a few messages sent to me,yes they did skip the #2 #3 on the list to get to #4! History repeats itself again! Either way good luck to all involved,Hudson.

I just read that the former Union Pres. is now the new Commish. Is that a smart move? Seems like a conflict of interest to me. How about bringing in an outsider like the PD does. That seems to work for the betterment of the whole Dept.

Edited by FirNaTine

I believe that there was a long discussion in another thread recently about that FirnaTine. I just can't seem to find it right now.

I probaly know the answer to this question, but are the new probies being hired augmenting the staff, or filling gaps?

I probaly know the answer to this question, but are the new probies being hired augmenting the staff, or filling gaps?

And do they know they are about to become "trailer park trash?"

The new probationary members will fill the empty positions from both retirements and promotions.I think it was mentioned at the ceremony that the manning (roster) is finally at its capacity.Unlike MVPD(over 200 members) we have not had any increase in the charter for more manpower in a long long time. The union always pushed for promotions as well as increasing manpower. Maybe this would be the time to start to lobby for more? You have a Fire commish who was a union boss,you have a Captain who is up the mayors butt and is pulling his strings on everything to include who gets hired and promoted you would hope that he would pee in the mans ear for safety related items. We will see as time goes on.

And do they know they are about to become "trailer park trash?"

Please explain what you mean by trailer trash????

I will assume your joking!!

station one has a row of trailers for station personnel, the fire house is in need of many repairs

Has any other Career Dept. had members who were officially retired go back to work. I never heard of such a thing. I know I'd be prettty pissed off, if I was next in line or a family member to get appointed and didn't, because some guy wanted his Job back because he didn't like retirement. Too friggin bad! Find work elsewhere! Did the Vulcans put up a fight with this move or was it o.k. with them? Only in the Vern.

A few yrs back a member(caucasion) transferred to another dept,after some time there he elected to come back to FDMV,with much resistance of course from the V's. Now i highly doubt that anyone protested when this member came back, again the one way street certainly does go one way!

A few yrs back a member(caucasion) transferred to another dept,after some time there he elected to come back to FDMV,with much resistance of course from the V's. Now i highly doubt that anyone protested when this member came back, again the one way street certainly does go one way!

Unfortunately it sounds like that one way street in the Vern is heading South!

I just read that the former Union Pres. is now the new Commish. Is that a smart move? Seems like a conflict of interest to me. How about bringing in an outsider like the PD does. That seems to work for the betterment of the whole Dept.

Seems to be the norm lately...not just in the fire service...

Are the "Vulcans" fighting the Promotions this time

or are they all "Vulcan" approved?

GOOD LUCK TO THE MOUNT VERNON FD!

I think it was mentioned at the ceremony that the manning (roster) is finally at its capacity.Unlike MVPD(over 200 members) we have not had any increase in the charter for more manpower in a long long time.

That's a step in the right direction, but:

What exactly defines the roster being at capacity? Does that mean every front line piece is properly (fully) staffed, 24/7, or just that they filled all their budgeted positions?