Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Daylight Savings Time ends 2 a.m. Sunday

17 posts in this topic

Daylight Savings Time ends 2 a.m. Sunday (tommorow early AM). Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour, and change your smoke/CO detector batteries.

And I will be working 9 hours and getting paid for only 8 :(

Mention Fair Labor Standards Act to your employer.

When clocks “fall back,” shift workers on duty at that time who normally work an eight-hour shift will actually work an extra hour, for a total of nine hours of work on that day. Nonexempt employees must be paid for all nine hours of work under the Fair Labor Standards Act. They are also entitled to overtime pay for all hours in excess of 40 worked during the week, including the extra hour worked during the conversion back to standard time.

I just hate the ever-shortening days.... already counting the days til spring!

Mention Fair Labor Standards Act to your employer.

Unfortunatly (sp) as a government employee, that provision of the FLSA does not apply to us. On another note, I did work the "7 Hour tour" back in March and I got paid for 8 so it all works out in the end

Edited by EJS1810

I have been waiting for this for so long.....I thought it was muuch earlier this year that it actually was, thank god I can finally stop saying that the clock changes on Sunday every weekend.

... as a government employee, that provision of the FLSA does not apply to us. On another note, I did work the "7 Hour tour" back in March and I got paid for 8 so it all works out in the end

We also get paid for 8 in the Spring and have to give the Town the freebie in the fall. They figure it is a wash.

We also get paid for 8 in the Spring and have to give the Town the freebie in the fall. They figure it is a wash.

Our jobs pays 1 hour of OT tonight. It must be decided on an agency by agency basis.

We also get the hour of Overtime. In the springtime we get the 8 for 7, but it is rare that the same group is working for both. The 8 for 7 is really more for making the hourly rate compute right.

Not all Government employees are exempt from FLSA, so you might want to research that.

And I will be working 9 hours and getting paid for only 8 :(

I did that for the first ten years I worked for DEP. I was in Shaft 18 working a sixteen hour schedule 4 PM to 8 AM. Seems I got both ends every year. Never got a cent extra for thr 9 hours, but never got ripped for the 7 either so it did all work out in the end.

Luck me....work the 4 x 12 for eight hours, then mandated on the overnight for another 9......17 hours...Yay. Someone please tell me why I drag my a** outa bed at 530 this morning to deer hunt?

This year, daylight savings time is convienent for me! I get an extra hour of sleep between my two twelves and my nonstop 24!!!

The worst is being awake for the time change. You're all set for only 5 more hours at work and then all of a sudden you have 6 left lol

Ahhhh, That extra hour of sleep is just what I needed. That you DLS TIME....

Awesome...........could be doing without this homicide.....sleep in t-minus 3 hours........

The worst is being awake for the time change. You're all set for only 5 more hours at work and then all of a sudden you have 6 left lol

The best is being at the bar when the time changes. Extra hour of drinking.

No extra hour of drinking here in CT, although we get many calls from the bars asking this question. There is usually a memo out from the state on this. Since bars here close at 2:00 I believe the theory is that it actually does become 2:00 then switches back to 1:00. In practive I have watched the clocks on our computers change as well as the cable box at home, and they all go from 1:59 to 1:00.

I guess since the change is still a couple of hours away from 4:00 NY does get the bonus time.