Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Rombout car fire 11/2/08

17 posts in this topic

I-84 e/b @ the East Fiskill district line 06:05 Sunday Nov. 2, 2008

Got to love plastic gas tanks & fire.

Playing at the scene Rombout, East Fishkill, Hughsonville & NYSP Thruway. Village of Fishkill stand by I/Q

PB020160--.jpg

PB020164--.jpg

PB020173--.jpg

PB020208--.jpg

PB020213--.jpg

Edited by JetPhoto

PB020294--.jpg

While it is good to see the vest, It should not be worn while activly engaged in supression due to it's flamibility. Everyone not involved in supression should have one on.

While it is good to see the vest, It should not be worn while activly engaged in supression due to it's flamibility. Everyone not involved in supression should have one on.

That has been a recent topic on here. But I agree with you as it is common sense.

I was wondering why there were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY departments called to this "pick up fire". I was expecting it to be a much larger truck.

It is a great example on WHY to be properly geared up if you are going to get so close to a vehicle fire. Also good pictures to explain WHERE to park!

NIce pics as usual. Excellent use of the sunrise in the background.

Edited by x129K

While it is good to see the vest, It should not be worn while activly engaged in supression due to it's flamibility. Everyone not involved in suppression should have one on.

True- but it is sort of refreshing that for once we are talking about someone wearing TOO MUCH protective gear!

True- but it is sort of refreshing that for once we are talking about someone wearing TOO MUCH protective gear!

Agreed 110%

Are those spray paint cans in the last picture? Where there very many of them. I am curious to see if an obstacles existed in putting out this fire.

I thought I heard Dept 43 dispatched as well...........

It was a boarder line call. Also, I am assumeing that they need water, because Hughsonville and East Fishkill rolled thier Tankers. I believe Glenham was on stand by I believe for Rombout. Hope that helps.

Thomas

Glenham 43-31 was dispatched first and was OOS Mechanical, thus Hughsonville was called.

Great Pictures but what about the seventh picture down. the one where the two guys are on the passenger side. love how all the smoke and steam is still coming out and they are putting foam on the fire and they don't have there regulators on they are masked up but no air. From experience I know that smell and that toxic feums don't taste that great.

I can't explain the SCBA issue, but yes their were a lot of aerosol cans in the back on fire and going up in the air. All FF in the "blast zone" wore proper PPE including helmets. So if one did land on them the gear would of protected them. The issue of add'l equipment was for water. It was just one of those stubborn vehicle fires that happens once in a while. They did protect the exposure, the trailer. So besides blistering paint it was OK

SCBA without the regulator attached equals NO SCBA.

Thanks to all the monday morning quarterbacks who never did it themselves... Good Job everyone on scene no one got hurt and everyone went home... Great photos, keep them coming even though they get picked at like test dummy's...

Edited by mlcougar2001