Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

First NFL game ever to finish with 11-10 score

18 posts in this topic

If anybody just watched the Steelers - Chargers game on CBS, the final score of 11-10 was the first time that has ever happened in over 12,800 NFL games played...

It was quite an interesting game....

SD scored a TD and field goal.

Pittsburgh had a safety and 3 field goals. The game almost finished with a 17-10 score, but on the last play of the game, SD tried a couple of laterals. Troy Palumalo picked up a fumble and ran it in for a TD but the lateral was ruled to be an illegal forward pass, and the TD didn't count.

Interesting game to watch.

Wow, first time ever, good old defensive game.

You must have turned the channel because it was 17-10.

As he said the last play did not count, all the sites have the score 11-10.

The unusual final score was the first in NFL history, and it was in jeopardy when Troy Polamalu returned an errant lateral 12 yards for an apparent touchdown on the final play. But the play was overturned on review - it was called an illegal forward pass - and the 11-10 final was restored

Edited by markmets415

TL2 L31 I think you changed the channel too soon....

Pittsburgh had a safety and 3 field goals. The game almost finished with a 17-10 score, but on the last play of the game, SD tried a couple of laterals. Troy Palumalo picked up a fumble and ran it in for a TD but the lateral was ruled to be an illegal forward pass, and the TD didn't count.

Interesting game to watch.

Edited by x648eng119

Yeah, not really sure why they overturned that, I didn't see any forward laterals, but I'm a witness to history nonetheless haha.

Wow...interesting. Had a tie today too, which for me is the first I can recall in a while.

Last tie in the NFL i believe was 2002. I know the Steelers were on one end, i want to say either KC or Jacksonville was the other team.

thanks for stomping on my heart just a little more, guys... only good thing is I believe this cements the coach's firing at the end of the season. The Chargers get into the red zone way to often and do not score...

I think they said that it was Pittsburgh and Atlanta that tied last, in '02.

Yea very interesting game. the last play was o/t because of a "rare" last minute booth review.

Great games all around today. All I care about is that Dallas won!

I think they said that it was Pittsburgh and Atlanta that tied last, in '02.

Correct - It was Pittsburgh and Atlanta that had the last tie back in '02.

That overturned play killed me, the first pass was def. not an illegal pass he clearly tossed it behind him but whatever its over with now.

All that matters is that the GMEN are 9-1!!! LETS GO BIG BLUE!!!

The first 11-10 game in NFL history shouldn't have ended that way, referee Scott Green said after a last-minute touchdown was errantly taken away from the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday...

The call affected betting on the game since the Steelers were either a 4½- or 5-point favorite and would have covered if the touchdown counted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3707245

Maybe one of the refs had an interest to protect...

Edited by Slayer61

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3707245

Maybe one of the refs had an interest to protect...

Did I read wrong i thought the touchdown was taken away from sd, so no matter what you would have lost if that touchdown was good or not. If Pittsburgh is favored by 5 they have to win by 6 for you to win the bet.

Edited by JHK3605

The TD was taken from Pitt, so it would have been a 7 or 8 point differential

That overturned play killed me, the first pass was def. not an illegal pass he clearly tossed it behind him but whatever its over with now.

All that matters is that the GMEN are 9-1!!! LETS GO BIG BLUE!!!

Big Blue all the way!!!

Has there ever been a game where the score was say 3 to 2? (one team with a field goal, other with a saftey only?)