Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

So, What Is Facebook?

21 posts in this topic

OK, I'm pretty experienced on the web, and keep a blog.

I'm not interested in the MySpace thing, but the Facebook thing has me curious.

What exactly is Facebook, and would it be beneficial for me? I'm almost 30...isn't it a thing only for college aged kids?

I hope someone will enlighten me...

OK, I'm pretty experienced on the web, and keep a blog.

I'm not interested in the MySpace thing, but the Facebook thing has me curious.

What exactly is Facebook, and would it be beneficial for me? I'm almost 30...isn't it a thing only for college aged kids?

I hope someone will enlighten me...

Pretty much the same as Myspace, only big difference is the emphasis on 'finding classmates' as opposed to myspace's 'friend everyone' issue. For the most part, Facebook doesn't have any of the spam / phishing that Myspace does. Facebook's a pretty good site to keep in touch with classmates (highschool / college for the most part) You should check it out, it's a good site.

Facebook is like myspace and there are groups that you can join on facebook I know that there is a group for people who check EMTBravo.com once a day. It is not only for college kids.

Edited by rfdu39

Facebook is a great way too keep in touch with friends and to look up old friends from College and even HS. I Find it very hopeful if I can't get in touch witha friends to write to them on facebook and get an answer almost immediatley.

I've been on there since September, and I prefer it over MySpace. If you're looking to reconnect with anyone from School, College, whatever, it's a better site than MS.

It was started as a site for high school/college kids to keep in touch, but has expanded much beyond that these days. Just Ask DOC22!! He has a facebook, and i don't think many of his former classmates could say the same. It's really a good way to keep in touch with people, find old friends who you thought you would never see again, etc. You should check it out...

I don't even sign on Myspace anymore now that I am on Facebook. My graduating high school class has it's own group and we have 56 out of 180 graduates online in less then 6 months.

I'm not interested in keeping in touch with former classmates...I already do that via other methods...it seems like that's what Facebook is primarily for.

Stay away....it is useless and it will slowly eat away at your time until the point where you automatically check it everytime to get onto a computer.

Its kinda like this site in that regard only I feel a lot less guilty when I come on here.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Its not just for college kids though Seth, recently, the entire command staff of NFVFD got accounts, its becoming very popular with those outside of college. Definitely a great way to keep up with people you haven't seen in a long time. I found the kids I went to elementary school in Marlboro, NY just a few months ago... I'd say give it a shot.

Create an account with a fake name and explore a little. If you find it is not for you, just leave it at that.

Alot of people like I know myself when I signed up said to myself " Its a wast of time i'll never use it." but because all my firends had it i signed up and now like mostly everyone I check it almost as much as this site which is multiple times a day.

You can get rid of it too so you can sign up with your real name check out other people you know. If you like it keep it and if you dont hit the delete button and its done.

Fast Fact- Mark Zuckerberg, creator and president of Facebook is originally from Dobbs Ferry, NY, went to Ardsley public schools for a bit, and his father was an orthodontist in Dobbs. He did my teeth, and tons of my friends. Too bad I didn't wear my retainer...

MySpace is for kids, Facebook is for adults. Yeah Right

Facebook isn't just to connect back with college or high school friends. I completely disagree. I use it for professional networking with my job as well. Has groups as everyone has said, but also has the web 2.0 sense of keeping a "status" and whatnot. Many friends who don't live near me anymore throw pictures, statuses, notes, etc. on there and its a good way to stay connected with EVERYONE

Facebook is a great tool, and has games to play to keep busy when on shift and your bored. You can keep status', share opinions and keep up to date on b-days and events, its a great tool and not just for kids, I have an account, look me up when you get there.