Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJP402

New Rochelle PD new paint scheme

29 posts in this topic

I saw this about 2 months ago and from what I gathered I believe it's just the supurvisors vehicles being painted that way. Nice Picts, thanks for sharing!

Interesting! It was time they "freshened" up their scheme a little. I like it! Thanks for posting the photo!

I saw this about 2 months ago and from what I gathered I believe it's just the supurvisors vehicles being painted that way. Nice Picts, thanks for sharing!

The cars have always been purchased in white and then they were painted blue. The new scheme requires no painting, new cars will go inservice sooner and it will save at least $10,000 per year. All new units will get this new scheme.

i think it looks great, but they would probley do that in 2010 if it not in 2010 i'll update yhe reply on this once again. <_<

how many supurvisors vehicles do they have saw 11 and 12 and thats the first time saw 25 :o

Hey guys - no problem on the pics. I was meaning to put them up sooner, but my EMTBRAVO account was little screwy. To answer the questions, a new fleet has been ordered and should be on the road around the beginning of 2009 - all the cars will have this paint scheme and yes, it does save lots of money. It was pretty silly how much of a hassle they went through to have the smurf blue cop cars. The new scheme does look nice. 10 or 15 years ago white on blue cars was all the rage, NYPD style, but no longer is.

Sharp looking car. I believe that I saw this car at the MacDonalds by Iona when I was visiting my friend who goes there.

I had noticed the Explorer a while ago, very sharp.

Looks similar to the Port Authority scheme. Thanks for sharing the pics and info.

Will they still have Crown Vic's or will they be getting different cars?

Not to get off topic but the Dare/Officer of the month Camaro is still in service? Its got to be at least 12 years old now.

10 or 15 years ago white on blue cars was all the rage, NYPD style, but no longer is.

I am under the understanding that at one time the state determined the colors of police cars or something of that nature. Cities were the blue color that we saw in NYC, Yonkers (remember?), New Ro and others...Villages were a different blue like the old Elmsford or Buchanan Cars...and State were the dark blue which they remain today. This information was given to me years ago from a certain Buchanan PD Detective...

new rochelle is getting new police cars?? i thaught the CSO's were getting new cars :huh:

new rochelle is getting new police cars?? i thaught the CSO's were getting new cars :huh:

They try to get some new cars every year. As they have for as long as I can remember.

NRPD is alotted a certain number of new cars per year. Last year, they ordered about 10 new unmarked's and two new supervisor vehicles. General Investigations, Property Theft and Special Investigations all got new vehicles. 2009 will be the year for replacing marked vehicles. It's in the contract that the city will buy, at minimum, new sector cars every 2 years - there are 9 sector cars. Usually they wind up with a few spare marked vehicles. I think 11 have been ordered. CSO's also got the new paint scheme as well.

The Camaro, Car 37, is still on the road, I think it's a 1995 or 1996.

Thank you for all of the interest

I am under the understanding that at one time the state determined the colors of police cars or something of that nature. Cities were the blue color that we saw in NYC, Yonkers (remember?), New Ro and others...Villages were a different blue like the old Elmsford or Buchanan Cars...and State were the dark blue which they remain today. This information was given to me years ago from a certain Buchanan PD Detective...

I don't know if that's accurate. NYPD cars used to be green many many moons ago. The only place that I know regulates police car colors is California where the black and white paint scheme is a state requirement - as is certain lighting configurations.

To my knowledge the paint schemes in Westchester County have always been at the whim (or $$$) of the department.

I remember way back when the code enforcment cars were all white with the dark blue stripe, just like the lettering.

What does the old color scheme look like anybody have any pics of that ?

I'm ok with anything blue and white <_< Looks shape, nice unit

when is new rochelle police getting new esu trucks :rolleyes:

Edited by stixx

I don't know if that's accurate. NYPD cars used to be green many many moons ago. The only place that I know regulates police car colors is California where the black and white paint scheme is a state requirement - as is certain lighting configurations.

To my knowledge the paint schemes in Westchester County have always been at the whim (or $$$) of the department.

Funny you should mention that Chris... I was going to mention that Bedford P.D. is a definite exception to all of this (green on white).

Do you know anything else about the California Regulation? I ask only because I've seen some all white police cruisers and San Diego County used to be Green and White. This is a very interesting subject about who decides what colors police cars are. ;):D

The new car definitely looks good. :)

Thanks for sharing.

-Joe DA BUFF

I am a big fan of the black and whites but I also do like NRPD's blue and white paint scheme that they have on their sector cars. The blue and white was an attempt to make their police cars more "friendly" to the public, compared to the intimidating traditional black and whites.

The origional paint scheme for the NYPD was the green, black and white. This got changed in like 1972 when they also got rid of the dark blue service uniform and started wearing the lighter blue shirt. The cars became blue and white. As a cost saving measure during the Guliani days. They stopped painting the cars two tone, and went withthe white care with the blue stripes. For a while, the department couldn't choose what decals they would put on the cars. You would see. NYC POLICE or a big NYPD running up both doors on each side of the car. They finally went with the smaller NYPD witht he reduced size patch on each side.

NYSP changed their paint scheme 3 times that I can remember. The first cars were a cram color white and black. Then in the 70's they were blue and gold. Like a half and half style. I thought that was the sharpest. Then you have the primary color blue witht he gold stripes that they have today. Stat ENCON has changed from green to black vehicles. This was a cost saving measure.

If I am not mistaken. Agencies that were seeking national accredidation had to have their cars painted white or something like that. Someone from an accredited department may know better.

I am a big fan of the black and whites but I also do like NRPD's blue and white paint scheme that they have on their sector cars. The blue and white was an attempt to make their police cars more "friendly" to the public, compared to the intimidating traditional black and whites.

I don't believe NRPD ever had black & whites, prior to the current blue and whites they had a different shade of blue, with TPU units light blue over dark blue.

If I am not mistaken. Agencies that were seeking national accredidation had to have their cars painted white or something like that. Someone from an accredited department may know better.

NRPD has been accredited for at least 15 years, with its mostly blue cars.

Not to get off topic but the Dare/Officer of the month Camaro is still in service? Its got to be at least 12 years old now.

I'm pretty certain that was the car that showed up to my kids school last month, so yes it seems to be.

Mike

when is new rochelle police getting new esu trucks :rolleyes:

Hopefully soon, though it's hard to tell. The funding for those comes from a different place than the funding for the regular patrol cars. The current ESU trucks are new chasis' but old boxes - a little bootleg if you ask me......

On order, though, is a new Crime Scene Unit truck -- It's been on order for a few months, hopefully it'll be deployed soon. Looks like a truck from CSI or something - I saw the design plans for it.

If you read the budget, NRFD is slated for a new rescue and a new ladder in 2009.

If you read the budget, NRFD is slated for a new rescue and a new ladder in 2009.

The rescue is already on order from the 2008 budget, along with an engine which we expect delevery around Jan 30.

2009 we have asked for a new engine.

There is no ladder budgeted or even requested in 2008 or 2009

So i guess once the old cars are phased out, the only "smurf blue" cars in New Ro will be the Blue Bird Cabs??

(Unless you look inside the door jambs of the NRFD dewatering unit!!!)