Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rvwscan

FD ID Numbers

26 posts in this topic

Does anyone know definitively what departments used the 91 - 99 series numbers? I have a partial list below. I know some facilities no longer exist or are closed. Any insight would be helpful.

91 - FDVA Castle Point

92 - Dutchess County Airport

93 - Greenhaven CF

94 - Harlem Valley Psychiatric Center??? (Closed) Possibly used by Fishkill CF now???

95 - Hudson River Psychiatric Center??? (Closed)

96 - IBM East Fishkill Emergency Control

97 - IBM Poughkeepsie Emergency Control

98 - Matteawan State Hospital???

99 - Wassaic Developmental Center / Taconic DDSO??? (Closed)

Does anyone know definitively what departments used the 91 - 99 series numbers? I have a partial list below. I know some facilities no longer exist or are closed. Any insight would be helpful.

91 - FDVA Castle Point

93 - Greenhaven CF no longer have a running engine as far as I know still have dept # for replacement if ever

94 - Harlem Valley Psychiatric Center??? (Closed) Possibly used by Fishkill CF now???

98 - Matteawan State Hospital??? this building is now Fishkill CF do not think they have an engine

I belive that 91, 92, 93, 96, and 97 are the only ones still in use since both of the psyc centers have been sold off by the state to some extent.

IBM has contracted services from whacenhut for emergancy control

I belive that 91, 92, 93, 96, and 97 are the only ones still in use since both of the psyc centers have been sold off by the state to some extent.

IBM has contracted services from whacenhut for emergancy control

IBM EC in Poughkeepsie are contractors. IBM EC in East Fishkill are still regular IBM employees.

Taconic DDSO is still open and still has 12 emergency responders. 99-61 was taken to the NYS Fire Academy and is used for extrication I believe.

I recently saw a story in one of the magazines and there was a picture with the Lake Carmel explorer's in it and 99-61 was in the back ground.

Edited by markmets415

Taconic DDSO is still open and still has 12 emergency responders. 99-61 was taken to the NYS Fire Academy and is used for extrication I believe.

I recently saw a story in one of the magazines and there was a picture with the Lake Carmel explorer's in it and 99-61 was in the back ground.

Also The Hudson River State Hospital ID was 85 not in the 90s

Here is the link, you can barely see the fender of 99-61 in the background

http://www.1strespondernews.com/webpages/p...072208121-A.jpg

Edited by markmets415

Anyone have information on the Taconic DDSO's department or how they operate? What equipment do they have and are they dual role public safety?

Also The Hudson River State Hospital ID was 85 not in the 90s

Are you sure? I'm not doubting you, but that doesn't fit into the original countywide plan. The 80's were supposed to be for VAC's and EMS agencies.

81 - Alamo

82 - BVAC

83 - Sloper-Willen

84 - Northern Dutchess (Added later)

85 - MetroCare (now TransCare) (Added later - not used)

86 - Mobile Life (Added later - not used)

Also I believe that DC Resource Recovery may have been listed somewhere??

Edited by rvwscan

This is what I have in an E-mail. I forget the website it is on, but her you go. This is old. Some equipement has been taken out and some companys are differant. Hope this helps.

Thomas

**MODERATOR NOTE**

List was entirely too long. The link has been posted below.

http://nf2g.com/scannist/ny_dutc/dutchess_fire.txt

Edited by xfirefighter484x
Removed list, link posted below

91 - FDVA Castle Point

93 - Greenhaven CF

98 - Matteawan State Hospital???

Matteawan State Hospital Now Fishkill Correctional Has a Fire Truck sitting in their station. They also have a small van red with lights for the Fire and Safety Officer to use.

Edited by pd125

69-1 = Chief

69-2 = Deputy Chief

69-3 = 2nd Asst. Chief

69-8 = 3rd Asst. Chief (Rescue)

69-C1 = Captain

69-L1 = 1st Lieut.

69-L2 = 2nd Lieut.

69-11 = Engine

69-12 = Engine

69-31 = Tanker

69-51 = Rescue

69-61 = Utility

69-71 = Ambulance

69-95 = Safety Officer

This is what I have in an E-mail. I forget the website it is on, but her you go. This is old. Some equipement has been taken out and some companys are differant. Hope this helps.

Thomas

DUTCHESS COUNTY FIRE APPARATUS

**MODERATOR NOTE**

List was entirely too long. The link has been posted below.

Just a few additions here Tom, IBM East Fishkill has 96-11, and 96-13, as well as 96-67 which is their squad truck, and 96-69 is the BLS flycar.

The reason i believe MLSS and Transcare don't use their assigned dutchess county numbers is because MLSS is already set up to use Orange county ambulance numbers since it's where the company originates, and Transcare uses their own numbering system

City of Poughkeepsie has their own county # now, and their numbers are as follows:

PFD- 57

57-11

57-12

57-13

57-45, 57-46??(not sure on these)

And with the unit numbers for FD's, they have recently changed a few:

APPARATUS TYPES

01-10 Chief, officers

7,8 EMS Officers

9,10 Duty officers

11-19 Engine

21-29 Pumper-Tanker

31-39 Tanker

41-49 Aerial

51-54 Rescue Truck

55 Heavy rescue

56-59 Special operations-IE: FID truck, special trailers, ATV's etc.

61-65 Attack Pumper or Brush Truck

66-69 Misc. Apparatus

71-78 BLS Ambulance

79 ALS Contract Ambulance

81-82 Hose Tender

83 Cascade

86-89 ALS Flycar

91-94 Inspection,Hazmat,Arson

95,97 Safety Officers

96,98 Fire Police, Vans, etc.

99 Boat

Edited by xfirefighter484x

The reason i believe MLSS and Transcare don't use their assigned dutchess county numbers is because MLSS is already set up to use Orange county ambulance numbers since it's where the company originates, and Transcare uses their own numbering system

The only EMS-only agency that uses a county number is BVAC. I believe the standard for the commercial services is

ALS Ambulance: (Agency) Medic XX

BLS Amb: (Agency)Ambulance XX

ALS Flycar: (Agency) Flycar XX

or in the case of a FD contracted ALS Ambulance, e.g. Beekman 34-79, Pawling 54-79 etc.

The only EMS-only agency that uses a county number is BVAC. I believe the standard for the commercial services is

or in the case of a FD contracted ALS Ambulance, e.g. Beekman 34-79, Pawling 54-79 etc.

On occasion, NDP calls out with the 84 number, i.e. 84-75

i guess it all depends on whose working

Edited by 34112

Yea I had that in a E-Mail like 5 years ago. So I know not everything is right, but other then that I think everything is right othewr then a few number changes on a few trucks. Hey it is just an idea. We have a scanner list for all the counties in the area. What about an apparatus list for here???

Thomas

Yea I had that in a E-Mail like 5 years ago. So I know not everything is right, but other then that I think everything is right othewr then a few number changes on a few trucks. Hey it is just an idea. We have a scanner list for all the counties in the area. What about an apparatus list for here???

Thomas

It would be nice if we could make one, then sticky it in this forum, so everyone could refer to it, when reading an Incident Alert or other story.

It would be nice if we could make one, then sticky it in this forum, so everyone could refer to it, when reading an Incident Alert or other story.

That would actually be awsome, maybe one of the moderators can make it a little project, like Xfirefighter484x!!! lol

That would actually be awsome, maybe one of the moderators can make it a little project, like Xfirefighter484x!!! lol

I agree I believe xfirefighter484x has alot of time on his hands like two hours extra a day :P

I agree I believe xfirefighter484x has alot of time on his hands like two hours extra a day :P

Don't hate me just because I'm so good!

The list is a little out of date, but here is one of the most comprehensive lists.

Scanner Frequencies can be found here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1838

Sloper used to call out as 83-xx, OR Sloper Medic xx, again, I guess it just depended on who was working.

I think the next time i work, i'm going to call out, "Dutchess 911, Mobile Life 86-268 responding from the village" just to see what their reaction will be.... lol

Green Haven CF still has 93-11 (an Ex-Beekman Engine) but they keep breaking it.

Sloper used to call out as 83-xx, OR Sloper Medic xx, again, I guess it just depended on who was working.

Sloper went to the Medic xxx after they hit the83-79 and replaced some rigs. Not sure what the thinking was but that's what they did

Alamo calls out as Alamo Medic XX

Alamo Ambulance XX

Alamo Fly Car XX

The only units that go by anything else would be when they call out as Beekman 34-79, or Pawling 54-79. And yes they are now back in Beekman and Pawling at this time.

I think the next time i work, i'm going to call out, "Dutchess 911, Mobile Life 86-268 responding from the village" just to see what their reaction will be.... lol

Lol, that would be interesting no doubt! Now since they have a tone for HVP, I wonder if they're going to assign them an ID number? Even though i don't think they're going to be a big player in Dutchess, i guess they still need to have one. 87 ? 83 is retired afik