Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Apparatus Shots from the 2007 Milford E-260 Muster

36 posts in this topic

Here are some of the photos of the apparatus from the Milford, CT E-260 Muster held in 2007. Hope you enjoy them.

post-938-1228676899.jpg

West Haven, CT

post-938-1228676915.jpg

post-938-1228676925.jpg

post-938-1228676933.jpg

Westerly, RI Horse Drawn

post-938-1228677098.jpg

Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association

post-938-1228677113.jpg

New Haven, CT Engine 15 (won the best antique)

post-938-1228677132.jpg

post-938-1228677140.jpg

post-938-1228677167.jpg

Excellent shots of the rigs of yester year, love the white Seagraves, sharp!!!!

Edited by markmets415

Noroton, CT Engine 31 (since taken out of service I believe)

post-938-1228677334.jpg

Southington, CT Engine 4

post-938-1228677375.jpg

Derby, CT

post-938-1228677387.jpg

Woodbridge, CT

post-938-1228677431.jpg

Orange, CT

post-938-1228677688.jpg

Orange, CT

post-938-1228677704.jpg

Citizen's Engine Company

post-938-1228677712.jpg

Bethany, CT

post-938-1228677717.jpg

Noroton engine 31 is still a front line engine serving the noroton section of Darien CT. and as some of the guys in darien call it " Yellow Bird" it is the only yellow apparatus in the town

Mahopac, NY

post-938-1228678068.jpg

And the final and my favorite shot:

Warwick, RI(?)

post-938-1228678193.jpg

Lol, yea it was Mike, how much money did we spend that day?

Mark, thanks for the kudos.

Dartnk45, thank you for the info.

Lake Carmel, NY

post-6811-1228680543.jpg

That was a good truck i'm kinda sad that it's gone.

I guess you weren't finished, some even better shots, thanks for sharing Andrew, is this an annual event???

Noroton, CT Engine 31 (since taken out of service I believe)

post-938-1228677334.jpg

Southington, CT Engine 4

post-938-1228677375.jpg

Derby, CT

post-938-1228677387.jpg

Woodbridge, CT

post-938-1228677431.jpg

Noroton Engine 31 is Still in service as our second due engine.

Mark,

It is an annual event, usually in the beginning of September. There are firematic vendors, team events (mid-nite alarm, bucket brigade, etc), antique apparatus judging, and of course food and refreshments.

Its a shame that the Mahopac engine is sitting in the weather in a lot on Rt 6.

I thought it was under a tarp?

Nice Pics is it invitation only or can anyone show?

What year is that Noroton Maxim? That thing takes me back to the 1963 Maxim convertable we used to have as Engine 118 that was retired in 1993. One of the coolest fire trucks I will ever ride in my life.

What year is that Noroton Maxim? That thing takes me back to the 1963 Maxim convertable we used to have as Engine 118 that was retired in 1993. One of the coolest fire trucks I will ever ride in my life.

Its a 72

Mark,

It is an annual event, usually in the beginning of September. There are firematic vendors, team events (mid-nite alarm, bucket brigade, etc), antique apparatus judging, and of course food and refreshments.

Wow so close to home and I haven't heard about in awhile, I remember going there several years ago but for some reason I thought it had stopped, I'll make sure I get there in 2009, thanks Andrew.

Chief any pictures of the rig you are talking about???? Love to see them.

The muster is open to all. If you wish to be a vendor or enter a muster team, you must register before hand. If you wish to go to enjoy all of the activities it is come as you please. I'm pretty sure there aren't parking or cover fees.

Engine 260

This is the best version of the website right now. There is a new website that is currently being updated.

I've gone the past 2 years. 2 years was awesome, it was nice weather so it drew big crowds, lots of apparatus, and quite a few muster teams. I think I spent in the area of 200 big ones there. This year was still good, but less participation because of inclement weather.

Ok well next fall please remember to post it up on upcoming events, I am looking forward to it, maybe we might have our 49 FWD running and ready for some muster work.

That was a good truck i'm kinda sad that it's gone.

You're telling me. First rig I learned how to drive.

The engine is privately owned now by our Asst. Chief. He is looking for stoage for it.

Maybe next year's muster can be an EMTBravo social gathering... RWC130 any ideas?

There's some beautiful older rigs you don't see out here on the West Coast. The Maxims and Orem look nice.

Excellent photos all around. NIce to see Southington Engine 4 again, Southington Company 2 (Plantsville) also has a semi-antique truck, Plantsville Squad 25. Looked like it was there until I saw "SUFFIELD" on the side of the truck. Always nice to see New Haven's 70th Anniversary Engine 15. If memory serves, there's another one of those floating around Connecticut. (Or, it could be the same one and the photos I have are unmarked.) Ah well.

Thanks for sharing!

-Joe DA BUFF

Ok well next fall please remember to post it up on upcoming events, I am looking forward to it, maybe we might have our 49 FWD running and ready for some muster work.

it is a great time, gone there twice, the games are fun and they got a lot of vendors with a lot of things to look at

Excellent photos all around. Nice to see Southington Engine 4 again, Southington Company 2 (Plantsville) also has a semi-antique truck, Plantsville Squad 25. Looked like it was there until I saw "SUFFIELD" on the side of the truck. Always nice to see New Haven's 70th Anniversary Engine 15. If memory serves, there's another one of those floating around Connecticut. (Or, it could be the same one and the photos I have are unmarked.) Ah well.

Thanks for sharing!

-Joe DA BUFF

Engine 4 in Southington is owned by Plantsville but it originally served with Company No. 4 in the Marion section of the town. Company 4 closed when they built the new firehouse for Company 3 (Milldale) and Plantsville acquired the truck, I forget how the story went. The "Squad 25" was originally Suffield, CT's old ring and Chief John (aka The BrewMaster) purchased it when it retired.

As for Engine 15 from New Haven, this was actually purchased for the Fountain Street firehouse in the Westville section. This rig had a short wheel base and lacked a compartment in front of the wheel well so that it could fit into the Westville firehouse. The other white 70th is an old New Haven rig owned by the Montowese Fire Company No. 2 of North Haven and is lettered with their company name.

Also too if you see the picture of the 1948 Seagrave Waterfall with "Hilltop Hose", that was first assigned to my company the Charters Hose Company No. 4 of Ansonia. A little history on this rig. It was ordered in 1948 and placed into service in April of 1949. It has a 750 gpm, pump and I believe the the tank held 300 gallons of water. Where the "No. 5" is on the front end was an old Mars osculating light and was later taken off and a "4" was placed on it and the rotating lamp located behind the seats was added. This pumper saw a lot of fire in its short 13 years at Company No. 4 and was replaced by our 1962 American LaFrance 900 Series (which I'm highly disappointed not seeing a pic of it here since we had it down there last year :P)

The Hilltop Hose Company in Ansonia was organized in 1956 independent from the city and purchased the 1948 Seagrave from the city for $1.00. The "Hill-tops" operated the Seagrave until its replacement in 1971 when the city purcahsed their Mack CF pumper for them (now retired). The only thing that looks the same from when we operated the pumper is the Maltese Cross on the doors. Unfortunately it has seen some better days and it is privately owned by someone not affiliated with Ansonia.